Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

New Rumor Musashi

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

202
[LOS]
Members
691 posts
10,548 battles

I was hunting down news on WG main page when an announcement for Japans Games-con or some such thung came up along with a banner that offered a clik area to take me to the NA server page.  I continued looking as they were giving away a free flag for the event ( I tried the code on our server and it didn't work).  In the middle of the page they announced a 'new contender on the high seas'. This was posted along with a grainy picture of the Musashi.  The Kii has already been announced over there and is more highly hyped in regards to the Kii's optionable and obtainable camo scheme.  This would be interesting news.  The Kii and Musashi!  Oh well, that's all I got.

Japanese_battleship_Musashi_cropped.jpg

Edited by Sinton
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[LOS]
Members
691 posts
10,548 battles

Must be just an announcement then for the /Nippon Games-con then.  New to me, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,169 battles

Wasn’t the Musashi the same class as Yamato? So are they having a broken battleship with ridiculous guns at a lower tier or a T10 premium? Or are they adding a second japanese T10 BB that is almost identical to the existing one.

edit; yep yamato class https://ww2db.com/ship_spec.php?ship_id=3

Edited by Herodotus4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[LOS]
Members
691 posts
10,548 battles

in Asian Server ad they mentioned as an ideal match-up btween it and Mo.  Couldn't get back to the page and I'm not sure how I landed there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[LOS]
Members
691 posts
10,548 battles

There is a YouTube video posted 20 hrs. ago by Panzerknacker.  No voice audio.  Does say in banner that it is a Tier 9 premium.  There are no Torps visible on the stern as there are in Kii.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
202
[LOS]
Members
691 posts
10,548 battles

I saw old announcements Hauptman, but this was posted today on /Asian server.  Just passing it on. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
995 posts
1,871 battles
1 hour ago, Herodotus4 said:

Wasn’t the Musashi the same class as Yamato? So are they having a broken battleship with ridiculous guns at a lower tier or a T10 premium? Or are they adding a second japanese T10 BB that is almost identical to the existing one.

edit; yep yamato class https://ww2db.com/ship_spec.php?ship_id=3

it is a tier IX so it will most likely lose all of that accuracy and it will have even worst AA if they are going pre refit that replaced most of the 155mm guns with DP 127mm guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
286
Members
742 posts
4,246 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They really should just go ahead and remove the forum search function...

Even better would be to remove aholes.

Edited by ksix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,809 posts
3,482 battles
10 minutes ago, ksix said:

Even better would be to remove aholes.

You do realize it is sarcasm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,702
[WOLF3]
Members
21,963 posts
20,181 battles

My concern is WG's apprehension of a Tier X Premium.  What that means is downtiering a Yamato-class BB into Tier IX with the nerfs to follow.  History of downtiered sister IJN ships is not good.

 

Mutsu.

 

You get a downtiered Nagato-class from VII stuffed into Tier VI.  Armor was nerfed.  The power, accuracy, penetration of Nagato's 410mm guns at Tier VII were nerfed.

 

I can see a Tier IX Musashi getting nerfed also the same way Mutsu took it in the behind.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[90THI]
Members
144 posts
13,194 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 4:36 PM, Dictonary said:

You do realize it is sarcasm?

Bet he has no clue what that means....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,809 posts
3,482 battles

Honestly I see Musashi as a Clan Wars reward as the chances of it being a Free XP ship actually is low due to us already having two of them (Missouri and Nelson) in addition to the fact Musashi would just suck at Tier IX, a tier X or tier IX will likely appear in the shop, and Black is already the reward Ship for Ranked. Leaving us with the possibility of it being a Clan Wars reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
4 hours ago, Dictonary said:

Honestly I see Musashi as a Clan Wars reward as the chances of it being a Free XP ship actually is low due to us already having two of them (Missouri and Nelson) in addition to the fact Musashi would just suck at Tier IX, a tier X or tier IX will likely appear in the shop, and Black is already the reward Ship for Ranked. Leaving us with the possibility of it being a Clan Wars reward.

Musashi has been confirmed to either be purchaseable or a fxp premium T8 or T9 by WGAsia.

The presence of 2 other fxp ships has little bearing on this, its obvious that we will eventually get 1 for each nation, maybe more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,569 posts
7,066 battles
1 hour ago, Akeno017 said:

Musashi has been confirmed to either be purchaseable or a fxp premium T8 or T9 by WGAsia.

Ok....tier 9 had everyone going crazy, but tier 8?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

Ok....tier 9 had everyone going crazy, but tier 8?

 

 

Yeah, even me and my Musashi hyping can fail to explain 18.1" guns at T8.

Its almost without doubt imho Musashi will be the IJN counterpart to  the Missouri as a T9 fxp premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
760 posts
62 battles
23 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Yeah, even me and my Musashi hyping can fail to explain 18.1" guns at T8.

Its almost without doubt imho Musashi will be the IJN counterpart to  the Missouri as a T9 fxp premium.

 

Even T9 is nonsense. 

 

And the Mutsu point doesn't hold true either - Mutsu is a 1920s outfit with old shells and before uparmoring (so NOT nerfed - just the state before multiple refits/rebuilds).

 

Moustashi's problem are the guns and their Lolpen gimmick. No matter what you do with the rest, any other tier than 10 simply doesn't work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[YAN]
Members
1 post
2,731 battles
4 hours ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

 

Even T9 is nonsense. 

 

And the Mutsu point doesn't hold true either - Mutsu is a 1920s outfit with old shells and before uparmoring (so NOT nerfed - just the state before multiple refits/rebuilds).

 

Moustashi's problem are the guns and their Lolpen gimmick. No matter what you do with the rest, any other tier than 10 simply doesn't work. 

To be honest, I really wouldn't mind seeing Musashi at T9 or T8 (though T8 would most likely be a huge balancing mess). Would shake up the meta a bit to see a lolpen monster at lowers tiers. My Molotov and Dunkek however would not look forward to 18.1" guns :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
7 hours ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Moustashi's problem are the guns and their Lolpen gimmick. No matter what you do with the rest, any other tier than 10 simply doesn't work. 

1. Musashi

2. Musashi can't lolpen T7 battleships anymore then any other battleship above tier can, and T8-10 already get overmatched by Yamato, and face Yamato.

3. Tier 9 is perfectly viable for Musashi, Missouri and Iowa and both very powerful battleships at T9, while they're damage is far lower then Musashi's* would be they have far greater AA power, a full 5knts extra speed and thus can perform more roles then a Musashi could, where in her 4x155 loadout, has secondaries worse or comparable to the Iowas and non-existent AA, while being a slower target to hit.

 

*Based off EU warshipstoday, using Yamatos stats as a basis for Musashi assuming minimal changes to the main battery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
810
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,569 posts
7,066 battles

If the Musashi guns are adjusted where the sigma value is lower along with longer reload of say 34s, plus with an older configuration. It would be enough to make her a tier 9.

 

Some of her strongest strengths that would set her apart from the other tier 9 BBs would be raw shell damage and penetration, but lose out on pretty much everything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
760 posts
62 battles
3 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

1. Musashi

2. Musashi can't lolpen T7 battleships anymore then any other battleship above tier can, and T8-10 already get overmatched by Yamato, and face Yamato.

3. Tier 9 is perfectly viable for Musashi, Missouri and Iowa and both very powerful battleships at T9, while they're damage is far lower then Musashi's* would be they have far greater AA power, a full 5knts extra speed and thus can perform more roles then a Musashi could, where in her 4x155 loadout, has secondaries worse or comparable to the Iowas and non-existent AA, while being a slower target to hit.

 

*Based off EU warshipstoday, using Yamatos stats as a basis for Musashi assuming minimal changes to the main battery.

 

Difference: today T8+ gets overmatched by Yamato. Tomorrow you want the same also for T7? Combined with this massive alpha?

 

You simply wish for the ship and try to justify it with lousy arguments (AA... you know what happens if someone balances striking power against something irrelevant like AA? Look at the Impregnator)

 

I do fear that WG will follow the "gib-Musashi-at T9" crowd but it is a mistake. Everyone not entirely blind can see that. Same story as Radar on BBs - might be fun for one round but seriously hurts the game longer term. Same when you let T10 into

T9 matchmaking and collect money in return

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
2 hours ago, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Difference: today T8+ gets overmatched by Yamato. Tomorrow you want the same also for T7? Combined with this massive alpha?

T7s, with the exception of the KGV and Scharnhorst, can ALL overmatch eachother and get overmatched by all battleships of a higher tier.

The alpha is the ships strongpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×