Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Sold a ship, how to recall XP I had in her.

8 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,901 battles

If I buy the Edinburg back, can't seem to locate the amount of experience I had at sale time, so that I know how much more research will be needed to get to Neptune. Any ideas ?

Thanks

[WOLF5]
Members
2,733 posts
3,130 battles

Look at it in the tech tree. It should tell you there.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,901 battles

In tech tree listing, just shows the purchase price. Research price only shown for ships never owned.

Edited by Ericson38

[HELLS]
Members
2,297 posts
21,945 battles

When you sell a ship, the XP is retained. You can access it by going to the convert XP tab on the upper right corner of the screen. A list of all of the ships that you have owned or still own will come up. Scroll down the list until you find Edinburgh. The amount of XP she had at sale time is available for conversion using doubloons, unless you already bought it back. The cheapest way is just buy back the ship (the XP stays with it) using credits (you don't have to research a ship you have already owned) and grind the difference, then use it all to get Neptune.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[WOLF5]
Members
2,733 posts
3,130 battles
15 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

When you sell a ship, the XP is retained. You can access it by going to the convert XP tab on the upper right corner of the screen. A list of all of the ships that you have owned or still own will come up. Scroll down the list until you find Edinburgh. The amount of XP she had at sale time is available for conversion using doubloons, unless you already bought it back. The cheapest way is just buy back the ship (the XP stays with it) using credits (you don't have to research a ship you have already owned) and grind the difference, then use it all to get Neptune.

But he hasn't researched the Neptune, so the XP on the Edinburgh isn't Elite, so isn't available for conversion, and so won't show up on that list.

I almost said the same thing, but then remembered that.

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,901 battles

When I go to the convert XP tab, I get the Convert from Ships option, but no ships show up, and it shows no coinage to use for conversion, since I don't have any gold. Could that be the reason ? I have seen this list populated with ships before though, and I didn't have any gold then either. I could have won 24 hours premium account then from a contest, and premium users may have access.

[DD214]
Members
786 posts
28,626 battles

Might try researching the Neptune with the modules tab. That should show the ship XP and the amount of free XP needed to unlock it.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,901 battles
1 minute ago, Seamus_44 said:

Might try researching the Neptune with the modules tab. That should show the ship XP and the amount of free XP needed to unlock it.

That was the ticket, thanks...I have 60K to go.

Sign in to follow this