You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

The duca italian muscle.

14 comments in this topic

Members
1,560 posts
3,791 battles

Could we ask wg for a small damage buff just a little more as its ok but that is all it is damage wise a little buff be great thanks.

Also the option like sims and anshan for 2 torp options please thanks.

2Xlpsqk.jpg

Edited by abyssofthetriffid

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,622 battles

While the 4.5km torps are nice, they didn't provide any extra tactical advantage aside from close range brawling over the 12km torps. Duca can do very well, she just needs a captain to be aware of the battle at hand, and know how to react in the heat of battle.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

My experience with the French 9.6km is forgettable. The 4.5km would be nice for the knife fights with destroyers and bull rushing battleships. However probably the damage output would be even with the sea mines at the end of the day. The ship just has a tendency to be stuck in very unrewarding roles with the passive meta. Be ready to see a count of 3-6 people targeting you on a regular basis. :cap_win:

Check your ribbon counter at the end of battles. My takeaway if you get inside 5km all the AP shots are pretty much going to overpen. De Grasse has a notch for autocitadel however the Brit and French light cruisers you might as well jump out to range and use HE.

Id2aQtd.jpg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

Duca d'Aosta is right in the middle of the pack for t6 cruiser performance.  That's a good balance job.

[HAIFU]
Members
89 posts
5,177 battles

I think d'Aosta is pretty well-balanced as-is.  If you want dif torps, just use the captain's skill and then you can get shorter-range, faster brawling torps.  I've found that actively switching shell types really helps with damage output; AP works wonders on anything that shows broadside (: xoxo

Edited by MilonRouge
  • Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
597 posts
8,446 battles

Duca is fine as she is. She should not be buffed in any way. It would lead to an OP ship.

Those sea mines are very effective against BBs. Fire torps at them, shoot 1-2 gun volleys then aim at something else. They will think themselves safe from you. Then the torps hit them 1 full minute after being launched. Have gotten 1 kill by torps and 12 torp hits in 10 matches.

The guns feel lackluster, but you should never stop firing if you know how to position yourself, that lead you to accumulate very good damage totals. This is a flexible ship, so you should shoot at everything you can aim. Have an avg dmg of 56k in those 10 matches. All that without IFHE. The ship has been a blast for me, and one of the best adquisitions in the game, alongside Dunkerque, Graf Spee and Kamikaze R (the last 2 were earned)

Edited by hanesco

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

Rolling a second captain and without IFHE taking out destroyers feels like a marathon. Need to go in the training room and test it out I guess. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
3 hours ago, SparvieroVV said:

Rolling a second captain and without IFHE taking out destroyers feels like a marathon. Need to go in the training room and test it out I guess. 

No I agree with you.  She performs MUCH better with a high tier captain.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

Primary is already 19 points. Secondary is at 12, trying to play around with more lower level skills instead of sinking 4 into IFHE.  I think I have PT, EM, AR, Vigilance, CE atm. I was contemplating last stand as my machinery has been getting knocked out a lot lately. However I’m in the midst of a serious case of the derps. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

I run last stand on my 19 pointer.  it's an odd build, I am sure people will tell me how stupid I am for some of my skill choices, but this works for me.

I also have a 4 point captain I have been leveling.  That struggle is real.

shot-17.09.26_22.10.55-0388.jpg

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,674 battles

Which reminds me, now that WG has some Italian staff on hand can we get some names that might look like they come from somewhere north of the Po. *cough*cough*cough*

:Smile_hiding:

edit: Emilio is one of my great uncles names however the last names...some of us cut off the vowels. Just saying. :cap_haloween:

Edited by SparvieroVV
  • Cool 1