You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

Cleveland -1?

18 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
1,557 posts
9,180 battles

The moment the battle started, the enemy Cleveland exploded.  Scoreboard credited him with -1 kill.  Nobody on either team seems to know what happened.  I know that if you've already got the team killer tag, additional team damage is reflected onto you... but this would have been faster than the cleveland could have gotten more than a single salvo off.

So what happened?

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,796 posts
4,625 battles

Screenshots and replay. Nobody is going to believe simple word of mouth for something like this.

[HINON]
Members
11,682 posts

He fired his first salvo and since he was already pink the damage reflected and killed himself. So the TK he technically did was tking himself.

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
13 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

The moment the battle started, the enemy Cleveland exploded.  Scoreboard credited him with -1 kill.  Nobody on either team seems to know what happened.  I know that if you've already got the team killer tag, additional team damage is reflected onto you... but this would have been faster than the cleveland could have gotten more than a single salvo off.

So what happened?

There are differing levels of TK status.

The first is just pink...

The second any team damage you do is reflected.

The third, any team damage you do is reflected and multiplied.

The fourth, if you so much as think about hurting a teammate, the game nukes you.

**This is not meant as an actually representation, nor do I know exactly how many levels of teamkill penalties there are, this is just a very gross generalization of how the system works.

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
1,557 posts
9,180 battles
7 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

The fourth, if you so much as think about hurting a teammate, the game nukes you.

**This is not meant as an actually representation, nor do I know exactly how many levels of teamkill penalties there are, this is just a very gross generalization of how the system works.

Thanks, that makes sense.  And you knew that without a replay or screenshot, amazing!

[13TH]
Members
4,896 posts
8,487 battles

Ive seen this in action when a friendly decided to start shooting me , I didn't return fire and with no body shooting at them noticed there health was getting low and he just blew up... after reading new TK rules on the forum figured that's what it was

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,807 battles
12 minutes ago, More_Witches said:

Is there a possibility that the tk damage reflection penalty met a most fun and engaging mechanic?

That's what I figured. If he shot a DD and that DD would have detonated, the detonation would have been transferred to the Cleveland. Of course the kill feed wouldn't read as a detonation, just a self-kill.

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
1 hour ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Thanks, that makes sense.  And you knew that without a replay or screenshot, amazing!

I've been the victim of the system myself. Welll, more like target, can't really say victim, as I launched some pretty careless torpedoes.

I also got stuck in the same battle as the infamous f-key troll that shall not be named. And watched it happen to a teammate. The first damage he did to the troll after turning pink nuked him.

He did probably 45k worth of team damage to the troll before turning pink, so the game decided the offense was egregious enough that the next 1 point in team damage nuked the offender for all ~90k health he had left. (He was in a Montana)

The whole system is fairly predictable. At least predictable enough to make a safe guess as to what happened from an eyewitness account with few details.

Edited by twitch133

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,704 posts
2,122 battles
2 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

I also got stuck in the same battle as the infamous f-key troll that shall not be named. And watched it happen to a teammate. The first damage he did to the troll after turning pink nuked him.

He did probably 45k worth of team damage to the troll before turning pink, so the game decided the offense was egregious enough that the next 1 point in team damage nuked the offender for all ~90k health he had left. (He was in a Montana)

"As a professional with integrity..."

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
2 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

"As a professional with integrity..."

Oh hell no... Don't you dare start the flashbacks!!!!

:Smile_izmena:

Beta Testers
1,374 posts
16,631 battles

What happens if a player leaves the game before his ship is sunk?

Does it explode?

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,382 battles
20 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

Oh hell no... Don't you dare start the flashbacks!!!!

:Smile_izmena:

That would get this reaction:

XIwWc6N.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

That would get this reaction:

XIwWc6N.jpg

Speaking of which, not to derail the thread completely, even though I was using him as an actually pretty good example for how the TK penalty system works.... (this one is off the rails and falling into a deep deep ravine) He actually approached me on YouTube trying to buy my account from me.

That request had the laughter rolling so hard my face was numb from hyperventilating.

Edited by twitch133
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,952 battles
1 hour ago, twitch133 said:

You're right on the first three, I have never personally seen the 4th level though I would not even doubt it. It can get to the point that an accidental fire on a friendly that does 50 points a tick does 5000 or more a tick to the pink who set it. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
5,382 battles
4 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

Speaking of which, not to derail the thread completely, even though I was using him as an actually pretty good example for how the TK penalty system works.... (this one is off the rails and falling into a deep dee ravine) He actually approached me on YouTube trying to buy my account from me.

That comment had the laughter rolling so hard my face was numb from hyperventilating.

Oh dear lord. That's priceless. That brought a smile to my face.

dVJWOyg.gif

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,704 posts
2,122 battles
2 hours ago, twitch133 said:

Speaking of which, not to derail the thread completely, even though I was using him as an actually pretty good example for how the TK penalty system works.... (this one is off the rails and falling into a deep deep ravine) He actually approached me on YouTube trying to buy my account from me.

That request had the laughter rolling so hard my face was numb from hyperventilating.

XD that doesn't shock me, but I'm still surprised. What cojones lol