Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
icuOklaCity

COmments from the Peanut Gallery

21 comments in this topic

Members
126 posts
10,737 battles

While in a Teir 8-10 match tonight the stupidity that was coming from the Peanut Gallery out of the 2 Teammates backsides (where their head was inserted) was amazing... Then it just turn straight into retardation when after the match I sent one a messages about his comments...

We lost the match but with about 5-8 mins left is when the comments started rolling in from these to who had been dead for a while. Comments about how "our Greaing is worthless and hasn't done anything, and our Zoa was great at hiding but nothing else... On and on with the same type of comments..  So after I died, I pointed out what my doing nothing looked like in the fourm of 109K in damage 10 torp hits cap defense and going and trying to help our BB that was hung out behind A.. That 109 K of damage came as 10 torp hits with at least 1 torp on each of their 5 BB's 1 torp on their Morgami and DM Don, and gun damage on both of their DD's...

They responce was classic... Congrates on a good personal score that did nothing to help the team... Coming from a Shami that died in under 4 mins in, and did 610 worth of XP damage.. Heck you get about half of that if you just start the make. so he really did about 300 worth of damage Xp..

But his replies to the messages provided that not only is he a idiot, but he's retarded also... After point out the differents in our match stats, he pulled out the tried and true "Stats" card. Telling 1 game does nothing, and to loook up the stats.. I about fall  out of my chair laughing when I did compair them... He had a 53.67% win rate compaired to mine 51.41% ...Thats a whole 2% better win rate over me... Complete [edited] to try to use stats to prove you are better then someone else when you are only 2 % better or basically about the same...LOL

chalked 3.jpg

chalked screenshot 2.jpg

charlked screenshot.jpg

Beta Testers
1,241 posts
10,577 battles
2 hours ago, icuOklaCity said:

...when after the match I sent one a messages about his comments...

Just let it go man, it's like facebook, nobody ever wins a fb argument.  Just comes down to an epeen measuring contest

Edited by Spooooooooooooooooooooon
  • Cool 3

[O_O]
Members
5,553 posts
12,642 battles

I...uh...don't know what to think about this. 

So you got blamed for things you shouldn't have.  Meh, happens frequently.  BUT, then you sought out the other player after the game and continued the slinging. Why?

Then, you brought the whole mess here and spread it even further.  :Smile_facepalm:

Let it go.

Edited by desmo_2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,848 posts
17,412 battles
59 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You know what they say about casting pearls?

no ... oink oink ... what do they say?

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
682 posts
3,382 battles
1 hour ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Just let it go man, it's like facebook, nobody ever wins a fb argument.  Just comes down to an epeen measuring contest

^^ That.

When people start to blame specific people, or the whole team, openly in chat more often then not they'll end up lower or same as you on the score card and they've actually did very little themselves. Had a couple of guys start complaining yesterday about people getting ganked in a push, well one of them was already dead and the other one was camping way back full health. None of them ever made it past the halfway mark on the score card. As Spoon here said, just let it go.

[KKM]
Members
808 posts
9,435 battles

[edited] will be [edited].  There is nothing to do about it.  We all see them. Everything they say is generally non-productive and they scream the loudest and throw around the blame more often when they play like crap.  It took me a while to learn they are not worth the time and energy it takes to notice or respond to them.  I do not attack people in chat.  I use compliments  for good play and if someone is kicking [edited]and haveing a great game I will tell them in chat.  seems more productive than running someone down who might be having an off day.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
11,848 posts
17,412 battles
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Bacon is better

Only on days that end in "Y"; like "Today"!

Members
570 posts
1,461 battles

The key to winning a battle of stupidity is to not partake in one for you lose the moment you stoop to their level. 

Members
126 posts
10,737 battles
3 hours ago, Fuyukaze said:

The key to winning a battle of stupidity is to not partake in one for you lose the moment you stoop to their level. 

Not only do I know this and like what a few other said about just letting it go. I should just ignore it and not respond at all.... But there just a little problem with that... My  personality that is attached to a very short fuse. Even though I know I shouldn't even engage with them, all it takes is one little trigger and I'm from 0 to 100 in about a second... Same in personal life. But as we all know. people act like they are 10 foot tall and bulletproof while on the good old inter-web . Yet in person they would never be able to find the testicle fortunate to said any of the stuff they spew on the web...

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
6,777 battles
1 minute ago, icuOklaCity said:

Not only do I know this and like what a few other said about just letting it go. I should just ignore it and not respond at all.... But there just a little problem with that... My  personality that is attached to a very short fuse. Even though I know I shouldn't even engage with them, all it takes is one little trigger and I'm from 0 to 100 in about a second... Same in personal life. But as we all know. people act like they are 10 foot tall and bulletproof while on the good old inter-web . Yet in person they would never be able to find the testicle fortunate to said any of the stuff they spew on the web...

All the more reason to work on letting things go. I had a match last week, pushed the enemy cap in my Tirpitz with the support of a few teammates (several kilometers behind me...). I pulled back and turned away so that I could put out the eighty billion fires I had raging on deck and heal up. Once my health is in a good spot and my repair party is ready, I start turning back towards the cap for a final push to victory. Right as I start turning my rudder, a full health Amagi tells me that I need to move up. /eye-twitch

I could have, should have, let it go and just ignored the guy. I could have calmly told him that moving up was my intention, I just needed time to repair without burning. Instead, my ship literally erupts with salt and I go on a profanity laced tirade for the remainder of the match. 100% my fault, I needed to just ignore the guy and his unwanted and unnecessary advice. It's a work in progress, but I find the game much more enjoyable when I choose not to respond. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,545 battles

Sounds like another typical day in WoWs, the first dead are always the ones that start spewing crap at everyone else, blaming others for a loss (remember, they died first), and they are always the ones that will never admit to any wrong doing.  Instead of owning their problems, they always blame others....best thing to do is ignore their comments, never get into a poop tossing contest with them, take the higher road and just let it go, move on to the next battle, life is to short to get all stressed out by marginal human beings and career life long losers.  Sail on and good luck out there!

Members
37 posts
2,399 battles
35 minutes ago, icuOklaCity said:

Bolded is me perfectly

26 minutes ago, Brohk said:

All the more reason to work on letting things go. I had a match last week, pushed the enemy cap in my Tirpitz with the support of a few teammates (several kilometers behind me...). I pulled back and turned away so that I could put out the eighty billion fires I had raging on deck and heal up. Once my health is in a good spot and my repair party is ready, I start turning back towards the cap for a final push to victory. Right as I start turning my rudder, a full health Amagi tells me that I need to move up. /eye-twitch

I could have, should have, let it go and just ignored the guy. I could have calmly told him that moving up was my intention, I just needed time to repair without burning. Instead, my ship literally erupts with salt and I go on a profanity laced tirade for the remainder of the match. 100% my fault, I needed to just ignore the guy and his unwanted and unnecessary advice. It's a work in progress, but I find the game much more enjoyable when I choose not to respond. 

This is what I want to do most times but do not

I am a old man (55yrs young) with a short fuse and a wicked temper.  I also am very competitive and do not like to lose................. and I suck at this game.  Oh sure, I can be like most and blame everything and everyone for my lose/failure but I know better.  Sure RNG stinks most times, I get 1-shot at times and multiple other triggers that set me off beyond belief.  I still will not put the blame elsewhere as I know its me. At this point most ask me "why the hell do you play if this game triggers you so much?"  Answer, even with some shortcomings with the game, I like the game alot.  I have asked many times of people how they can remain so calm when nothing is going right for them and nothing said has helped me. Kudos for those that are good in this game and major kudos for those that do not get triggered when kaka happens.

Since you've read this far, I would like also to say "thank you" to everyone that has been kind and helpful to me while playing and forum posting.  A special shout out to LWM for the reviews you put together, Ive learn alot and swear by your reviews when deciding on purchasing a premium ship. To Pope and everyone else that is good at this game and have taken the time to school me(positive not negative) on playing this game.

Merkreus

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,959 posts
9,582 battles

Snowflakes are beneath you to chat with. Just mute/ignore and move on.

Can check your stats vs. said snowflake. Sometimes it's a competent player with attitude, other times it's a troll. But again, don't waste time bandying words with them.

Beta Testers
1,256 posts
9,304 battles

Most chronic raging I see comes from sub 50% players...i don't see a lot of this from better players. Typically when they screw up they know it and don't want to draw attention to themselves.

I lose it when I'm driving my Buddy in a T8 match, have killed two higher tier DDs, haven taken half the health off everal enemy BBs that could one shot me by looking in my direction, and then get called a camper because I don't charge a Bismarck.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
13 hours ago, icuOklaCity said:

While in a Teir 8-10 match tonight the stupidity that was coming from the Peanut Gallery out of the 2 Teammates backsides (where their head was inserted) was amazing... Then it just turn straight into retardation when after the match I sent one a messages about his comments...

We lost the match but with about 5-8 mins left is when the comments started rolling in from these to who had been dead for a while. Comments about how "our Greaing is worthless and hasn't done anything, and our Zoa was great at hiding but nothing else... On and on with the same type of comments..  So after I died, I pointed out what my doing nothing looked like in the fourm of 109K in damage 10 torp hits cap defense and going and trying to help our BB that was hung out behind A.. That 109 K of damage came as 10 torp hits with at least 1 torp on each of their 5 BB's 1 torp on their Morgami and DM Don, and gun damage on both of their DD's...

They responce was classic... Congrates on a good personal score that did nothing to help the team... Coming from a Shami that died in under 4 mins in, and did 610 worth of XP damage.. Heck you get about half of that if you just start the make. so he really did about 300 worth of damage Xp..

But his replies to the messages provided that not only is he a idiot, but he's retarded also... After point out the differents in our match stats, he pulled out the tried and true "Stats" card. Telling 1 game does nothing, and to loook up the stats.. I about fall  out of my chair laughing when I did compair them... He had a 53.67% win rate compaired to mine 51.41% ...Thats a whole 2% better win rate over me... Complete [edited] to try to use stats to prove you are better then someone else when you are only 2 % better or basically about the same...LOL

chalked 3.jpg

chalked screenshot 2.jpg

charlked screenshot.jpg

Why did you feel compelled to message them after the battle? That in it self is worse than the talking dead. 

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
4,058 posts
16,036 battles

How can you not love the Peanut gallery?

peanut-gallery-2a.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
126 posts
10,737 battles
12 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Why did you feel compelled to message them after the battle? That in it self is worse than the talking dead. 

Once that fuse is lit, it was no longer a "I felt compelled to message them afterwards" but a "come here so I can have some fun trying to slapping the stupid out of him" (if this was in person) And we all know you can't fix stupid.. But seeing how I couldn't have a "Come to Jesus Meeting"  with him to adjust his attitude so he would come around and see it my way.  Sending him a message was my only recourse of action. And it was a involuntary action...

And what really got me going was while still in the match and I'm trying to stay alive, and help win the match, The Short Bus Rider felt the need to "check" my stats then made a comment about our worthless Gearing is 42% (40 something) player anyway. Someone trying to use the "stat Card" to make themselves look better then others. There's no need for a fuse, because it will cause a instant explosion on my part....

I could care less what mine or anybody else "stats" are, I do check my own to compare which ships I play better in. And have no clue how people check stats while still in game.

Edited by icuOklaCity

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles

Oh man, if I only had a $ for every time this happens, or that I read a thread about this, I would have a free Saipan by now. :Smile_teethhappy:  I'm sure some phd in psychology could tell us why some insist on doing this, and other things, such as raging at poor customer service reps....but I myself understand people will be people, and I unlike the ones I deal with at work, I can block them forever. Horray! 

Besides, I have bacon in the oven right now... :cap_like:

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Sign in to follow this