You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HazardDrake

These weekend potatoes are ruining gameplay.

27 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,587 posts
11,544 battles

For the enemy team. :cap_haloween:

What, you thought I was gonna complain about the plethora of XP Pinatas? :Smile_hiding:

shot-17.09.23_01.42.15-0270.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
1,977 battles

Meh.  I didn't have a great record tonight, but it wasn't unplayable.  

OTOH, I got together enough free XP for the Nelson tonight, so that's a good thing.

Also, last game of the night was a bit wild, but fun, and they started capping our base, but some of us were closer to their base, so we threatened their base, and others ejected them from our base.  I was in a Nassau, and the last Red standing was in a K Albert.  We had a nice brawl between German BBs for the win.  Main reason I won is because I had already done 25K damage to him before he came around into the cap circle.  

[WOLF3]
Members
22,010 posts
20,299 battles

I had runs earlier today with some horrendous losses.  Losses so lopsidedly bad that not even bringing a good division could save it.  Stopped playing, came back later and had more success.

The nasty losses earlier in the day all had 2 things in common:

- Awful DDs

- The most incompetent CVs imaginable.

There was a CV match earlier that the enemy planes kept my Conqueror permaspotted and wouldn't let me fade away like I like to do with her, and it kept me under focus fire.  The enemy Shokaku said in chat that our Graf Zeppelin had not even tried to use her fighters against him.  When I looked at the Team Scores page afterwards, he was correct.  Not one plane was shot down by our Graf Zeppelin.  Our CV scored 280-something points.

Even better, worse CVs were still to be found on later matches on our teams.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HOTEL]
Members
2,018 posts
7,133 battles

I was your foil then. 10/21 today. Absolute nonsense when I'm doing 100k every game. Plus I was sub 50% for 2 days prior. The worst part was a 7 game loss streak in Edinburgh.

[INTEL]
Members
11,060 posts
31,092 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 0:30 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I had runs earlier today with some horrendous losses.  Losses so lopsidedly bad that not even bringing a good division could save it.  Stopped playing, came back later and had more success.

- Awful DDs

There was a CV match earlier that the enemy planes kept my Conqueror permaspotted and wouldn't let me fade away like I like to do with her, and it kept me under focus fire.  The enemy Shokaku said in chat that our Graf Zeppelin had not even tried to use her fighters against him.  When I looked at the Team Scores page afterwards, he was correct.  Not one plane was shot down by our Graf Zeppelin.  Our CV scored 280-something points.

This is why we need a No-CV mode. And why it is utterly wrong to test the GZ in Randoms. 

[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

Like a new Orleans with 900 hp left driving in front of your Fiji while your completely still while you are firing so you go pink.....yeah its great. LOL.

Members
3,199 posts
4,322 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

This is why we need a No-CV mode. And why it is utterly wrong to test the GZ in Randoms. 

I'm sure Haze would agree with you not for the fact that he's rather good with CVS 

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles

It was amazing how many players were showing broadside to my DM yesterday....

I will gladly yank 10k health off of your battleship every 5.5 seconds if you insist.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,703 posts
7,554 battles

Use to be there was a saying....when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, at least I think that how it goes and if so...when life gives you potatoes, make potato salad? :Smile_amazed:

Members
2,614 posts
3,583 battles
8 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Use to be there was a saying....when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, at least I think that how it goes and if so...when life gives you potatoes, make potato salad? :Smile_amazed:

Publix homestyle red???? 

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
9,511 battles

Win Wins Wins, farming those wins. Man maybe I should have become a potato farmer instead? :Smile_amazed:

Hopefully I can reach my that 66% WR I've been reaching towards. only .04% away.

Members
1,019 posts
8,415 battles
On 23/9/2017 at 1:48 AM, HazardDrake said:

For the enemy team. :cap_haloween:

What, you thought I was gonna complain about the plethora of XP Pinatas? :Smile_hiding:

shot-17.09.23_01.42.15-0270.jpg

We are In times that by having 6 consecutives wins needs a screen shot.

lol  :cap_fainting:

Members
499 posts
7,185 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 7:30 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

- Awful DDs

I saw a Graf Zeppelin (GF test 1) lock down an AS Lexington, I kid you not.

Edited by Veasel

Members
499 posts
7,185 battles

I just started sitting out the first 10minutes of the match, trying to do anything productive while your team was pissing around in our own spawn was futile.

After I made that adjustment things got better, pulled of quite a few wins by mopping up the the opposing team, even from massive points deficits - since it was pretty common to see a couple  of your DD head straight for the map border and as far from the caps a possible.

Had one game where 2/3s of my team where dead in the first 5 minutes - the only saving grace was the other team was equally as suicidal - so it basically ended up being a 4vs4.

Edited by Veasel

Members
60 posts
3,882 battles
3 hours ago, Judge_Doom said:

No, its 'when life gives you potatoes, make mashed potatoes.'

Members
516 posts

Most of the poor play I saw this weekend was from cruisers. Seems some players forget that cruisers are way better at shooting at DDs than an IJN DD is. Who knew?

My last game, which prompted me to throw in the towel this evening (despite the win), had two of my team's Colorados and a Texas go for the cap...in a standard battle. They ignored everyone who begged them to help defend the base or at least fire their guns. It was amazing.

[JASH]
Members
3,750 posts
11,285 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 0:30 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

- Awful DDs

I find awful DDs players are the essence of the problem where most bad teams are concerned.  When you're stuck with bad DD players on a team it's very difficult if not nearly impossible to keep a handle on how the battle goes. 

After suffering most of this morning, this afternoon I jumped into my Kiev, Fletcher, Ognevoi, Gearing, Khab and Z-52.  Playing those I only had one lose.  My first DD battle was with Fletcher and I got a Kraken/5 kills, 1st Blood, Dev. Strike, 8 floods, 2 caps, 2 defends and did about 120K damage. It was nice to at last get back into my DDs after the RN BB run up to Conqueror. 

Speaking of incompetent CVs and GZ, I had a battle in my Roon where I was the last one standing.  Could have won it if it weren't for the damned AFK Graf Zepplin on my team.  Frustrating! 

Members
569 posts
7,105 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 3:30 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

- Awful DDs

This seems to be the common issue, but don't forget about the spawn camping battleships that wouldn't understand when to push if someone held up a sign on their computer screen.