Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fbrrhd

Tk ban

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
624 posts
22,368 battles

I understand going pink (I've done it) but true TK'er need to be banned. We just had a game where a guy killed 2 of us right at the start.

(yes  he went pink ) but it was obvious he was just there to team kill.

I would think if you kill 2 in one game minutes apart, you should be banned for some amount of time!

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles

I've had them shoot at me as soon as their ammo loaded.  But yeah, one TK in a match is an accident, two is more than a coincidence.  But at some point you realize they're only in it to TK for the lulz.  Some people should just get booted from the game. 

[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,341 battles

how can he kill 2? 1 TK turns you pink, then after that the damage is reflected back

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles

Replay, screenshots to Support in a ticket.  I know it is automatically tracked, but a ticket probably couldn't hurt.  You will not know what the outcome is, but they have staff that handles this type of thing.

[O_O]
Members
4,408 posts
9,548 battles

TK trolls used to be a real problem and pretty frequent.  Thankfully the system must be working at some level because it is much, much more rare now.

Beta Testers
323 posts
3,582 battles
6 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

TK trolls used to be a real problem and pretty frequent.  Thankfully the system must be working at some level because it is much, much more rare now.

I agree, it does seem to be much rarer these days. The only thing that I would change is not allowing 2 or more pink players to division together.
It's rare of course, but I've seen it happen and these two balloon heads were clearly there to not only TK but also to blame others when it happened. 
One could make the argument that it's not needed because it's rare. My counter to that would "It's a simple change and reinforces to a pink player that they done effed up"

Members
9,968 posts
12 hours ago, fbrrhd said:

I understand going pink (I've done it) but true TK'er need to be banned. We just had a game where a guy killed 2 of us right at the start.

I would think if you kill 2 in one game minutes apart, you should be banned for some amount of time!

They do ban....

This guy was banned for 3 months, now he's back again.:Smile_facepalm:

HBdiIg9.png

Edited by awiggin

Members
909 posts
12 hours ago, fbrrhd said:

[-TAB-]
Members
1,605 posts
5,174 battles
9 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Replay, screenshots to Support in a ticket.  I know it is automatically tracked, but a ticket probably couldn't hurt.  You will not know what the outcome is, but they have staff that handles this type of thing.

tickets turned in for TK violations are no longer processed by support. there is an automatic system that takes care of this now. evidently, the automated system can't or won't keep up with the TKers. there seem to be a lot of them.

it's getting to be an exception when there ISN'T one on my team. this seems a bit wrong to me. 

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
43 minutes ago, not_acceptable said:

tickets turned in for TK violations are no longer processed by support. there is an automatic system that takes care of this now. evidently, the automated system can't or won't keep up with the TKers. there seem to be a lot of them.

it's getting to be an exception when there ISN'T one on my team. this seems a bit wrong to me. 

Yup.  No point in even trying.  When you try to submit a ticket you are required to check a box saying you understand that TKer's are handled automatically in-game and that there will be no investigation.

Same as alleged cheaters.  They longer investigate anything you send in.   They claim they have software running that automatically detects cheaters and deals with them.

So.... nope.

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles

I know it is pointless, but I also remember Pigeon or Octavian writing and verbally commenting on how much TK bothers them  So, I just submitted my first Team Damage ticket a moment ago.  I acknowledged it was probably pointless but that I was submitting it because it was so egregious.  I am not one to punish a person by letting a fire burn, but I used my DC on the first fire and the next one burned out on its own - neither killing me or turning the player pink.

Oddly, there are options for submitting a team damage ticket in the ticket system - go figure.  At least I feel better for not responding in kind and taking some action, however pointless ...

Members
706 posts

it only take 3 inattentive captains, one learning to use torps and the other two barging forth into an area that torps have already been fired into and well you have the situation you describe, especially on some maps.

Beta Testers
1,225 posts
8,474 battles

I rarely see TK'ing anymore and it has decreased with the new system. I'm talking about deliberate TKs  and not negligent torp droppers.

Still, the current system is not harsh enough on serial TK'ers.

Sign in to follow this