You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SailorDeadpool1XPOIXKita

Warship today down??

32 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,143 battles

Yes, its broken.. at least for NA.  I don't know if its coming back or not.  There's been quite a few posts about it recently.  I've pretty much switched to wows-numbers for the time being.

B

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
668 posts
9,523 battles

Shame. It provided a more accessible insight into stats than I've seen on the other sights. 

Edited by NashW8

[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,785 battles
11 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Yes, its broken.. at least for NA.  I don't know if its coming back or not.  There's been quite a few posts about it recently.  I've pretty much switched to wows-numbers for the time being.

B

but Why? :'(

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,143 battles

Why is it down?  I don't know if anyone here really knows.  I liked the simple design of WT, but nothing we can do.  Wows-numbers is a good site, I just prefer WT.

B

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
135 posts
7,189 battles
2 hours ago, Wodyo said:

but Why? :'(

Because it's an issue with the database they use to store the data, since that's the part that's not displaying properly right now. If the site was having issues, you would see a 404 error code message that means the entire web server is offline/unreachable.

Every stats site calls the public API commands from the Wargaming Dev site since it's what you need to do to gather any statistical data regarding a player's account. That's all you need to pull stats while in the game (app program or a web call). But for sites like this, if you want to compare your stats vs others, you need a database to store that information in order to create a "Top x list" and features to compare data from various other players that were collected. This is how you do some typical math formulas so you can provide an average value, kind of like doing a SUM script in MS Excel.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,964 posts
1,487 battles
12 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Since it's never pulled my data, mine won't show up.

Login using your wargaming account, it should be able to find you then.

It's still updating my personal statistics and stuff, it's just that t dosen;t seem to be producing an overall output from the data it's getting.

[-K-]
Members
575 posts
9,370 battles
19 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

It goes down all the time just wait a few days and the site will update eventually.

This is the longest it's been down, by a very wide margin. Might be rip.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles
12 minutes ago, wadavid said:

This is the longest it's been down, by a very wide margin. Might be rip.

It is weird, the site has been down for days now, probably the better part of a week. But the signatures on the forums keep coming and going. One minute they are gone, the next they are back, multiple times a day.... Which means that there must be some part of the site running right now, but just barely...

Members
3,483 posts
6,184 battles
18 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

It is weird, the site has been down for days now, probably the better part of a week. But the signatures on the forums keep coming and going. One minute they are gone, the next they are back, multiple times a day.... Which means that there must be some part of the site running right now, but just barely...

It has been down for about 2 weeks if not more.  This is the longest it has had issues since I started playing WoWs.

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,780 battles
10 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Says I don't exist....

I found you on there - 

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,780 battles
8 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Since it's never pulled my data, mine won't show up.

you have to add yourself to data base - i found you - nice stats

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,605 battles
22 hours ago, chopshop64 said:

You can't narrow stat searches down with that site.  All you see is the entire game history for ship stats, and that IMO is inaccurate, as the game changes quite a bit.  Some ships have gotten better due to patches, meta shifts, MM changes, some have gotten far worse.

Which is why I liked Warships Today.  You want to see how ships were currently doing, 2-1 week stats (even "yesterday"), further filtered by Ranked / Solo / 2-3 ship Division, etc. if you so choose.  That IMO painted a far clearer, current, and accurate picture than seeing entire historical stats.

• Cool 2