You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Just thank WG for testing GZ on the server instead of PT, so we can experience loss after loss

27 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles

Thanks for testing Graf Zepplin on the regular server! I was getting totally bored losing because of the 32% Strike Lexingtons and the 39% Taiho who doesn't know about strafing, and of course, because of the built-in IJN-USN disparity. But now we have a gimped German CV being tested to cause losses in a totally new way! 

Progress! 

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,791 posts
7,006 battles

There are three different GZs, unless you specify which one is causing you angst and sleepless nights, we cannot help you. :Smile_popcorn:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,093 posts
12,647 battles

Sucks for you, I keep getting the GZ Test I's on my team that strafe the heck out of the enemy planes and utterly demolish certain battleships. And GZ Test II's on the other team that... well, those must be the ones you get on your team.

In short, they feel kinda like the other CVs now.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I can't imagine why WG would want to test the ships on the live server under the same conditions the finished product will be played under. It would probably much more fruitful for them to test it on the PTR with it's limited playerbase and variation. Especially if Tier VIII Graf's are going up against Tier IX Taihos.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles

I don't understand it either. But I've had a string of GZs who have no idea how to play a CV, probably lost 4-5 games the last week just because our GZ died early and did nothing. I wish WG would check their testers more carefully... I don't see how they can get useful data from players who don't know how to play their ship.  

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles

uiu3xSO.jpg

Like this guy. Look where he died. He was the first ship killed, early in the match (the screenshot is from late in the match). Tired of this crap, it's really unfair to the other players.

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I don't understand it either. But I've had a string of GZs who have no idea how to play a CV, probably lost 4-5 games the last week just because our GZ died early and did nothing. I wish WG would check their testers more carefully... I don't see how they can get useful data from players who don't know how to play their ship.  

Anybody who bought a GZ prior to it being pulled from the premium shop was invited to participate in the testing. This is not the normal Supertester routine that is done with upcoming ships.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles
7 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

I can't imagine why WG would want to test the ships on the live server under the same conditions the finished product will be played under. It would probably much more fruitful for them to test it on the PTR with it's limited playerbase and variation. Especially if Tier VIII Graf's are going up against Tier IX Taihos.

More numbers so they can get better data.  It makes a lot of sense really.

• Cool 1

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

More numbers so they can get better data.  It makes a lot of sense really.

nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif.dcf56447f79a99e758da9ae92f6b8a30.gif

My post was meant to be sarcastic. :)

It's late though, so maybe I didn't layer on the sarcasm enough.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

well there was plenty of complaining about it happening so...

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

Screw that CV period and AP bombs period another gimmick is not what this game needs at all.  Oh wait and now you gotta pay for it too. hmmm. fascinating. 

33 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles
17 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

Screw that CV period and AP bombs period another gimmick is not what this game needs at all.  Oh wait and now you gotta pay for it too. hmmm. fascinating. 

Actually, AP bombs seem like a good idea and not a gimmick, since after all, IIRC, AP bombs were entirely realistic and used in WW2.  The only thing one might question is whether they're too powerful.  The mechanic of AP bombs seems fine to me.  What I do wish they'd do though is make it so that the CV player would choose whether to arm his DBs with AP or HE during the battle, because from what I've seen of the AP bombs, they're likely to be best vs BBs and CVs, and likely to overpen cruisers and DDs.  So it would be nice to be able to decide what bombs you want your DBs to carry on your DB's next sortie.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,039 posts
17,659 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Thanks for testing Graf Zepplin on the regular server! I was getting totally bored losing because of the 32% Strike Lexingtons and the 39% Taiho who doesn't know about strafing, and of course, because of the built-in IJN-USN disparity. But now we have a gimped German CV being tested to cause losses in a totally new way! 

Progress! 

Tai, gotta tell you that I watched a youtube video of Flamu playing the GZ Test 1 version, and he had a great game.  And he said that he only rarely played CV's.  

It sounds to me like your teams have been burdened with very weak players playing the GZ test versions.  (Just an FYI, I have no idea how strong or weak the other GZ test versions are.)  That said, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have nothing but superstar CV players doing the testing, since they'd probably be good enough to make a turd shine and I don't think that's what we really want out of testing.

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles
On 9/22/2017 at 11:13 PM, BelgaraththeSorcerer said:

Tai complaining about CV's.... I left for 8 months and nothing changed....

Div next time, man. And don't stay away so long...

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,148 battles

Sorry taich but you're being extremely stupid in this post. of course they want to test it here, where else and how else would the public who still owned GZs test it? gain access to a private server that would never be a good method to test it from both potatoes and CV kings?

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,791 posts
7,006 battles

Well, I have played the vanilla premium shop version more than anyone else on the NA server (150+ games so far) I think, while I have tested the 2 TEST versions a dozen times or more each. (Enough for me to get a feel of what they can and cannot do). Call me a potato if you like, but I have nothing to be ashamed of in terms of results with any one of the three GZ versions. They all work for me (though I am on record for defending the release version especially, and still think it is more than good enough for the random battle meta). 

Who are the real potatoes, people like me, who form their own view from personal experience, or those who blindly follow and agree with whatever a (doubtless entertaining and enjoyable to watch) youtuber says?

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,098 battles
21 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

There are three different GZs, unless you specify which one is causing you angst and sleepless nights, we cannot help you. :Smile_popcorn:

Its not just the ship it's the players and the way CVs are implemented in the game. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles
12 hours ago, Raptor_alcor said:

Sorry taich but you're being extremely stupid in this post. of course they want to test it here, where else and how else would the public who still owned GZs test it? gain access to a private server that would never be a good method to test it from both potatoes and CV kings?

Why not test it on a private server? It's standard practice, and it doesn't cause losses. Bad enough that WG does nothing about the horrific CV play, yet here it is actually increasing it.

"How to fix the Graf Zepplin" posts are a legion in these forums. Many veteran CV drivers have commented on how it could be done. Notice anything about the loadouts they are testing? Yeah, from what I can see, nobody recommended them... 

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles
21 hours ago, Crucis said:

Tai, gotta tell you that I watched a youtube video of Flamu playing the GZ Test 1 version, and he had a great game.  And he said that he only rarely played CV's.  

It sounds to me like your teams have been burdened with very weak players playing the GZ test versions.  (Just an FYI, I have no idea how strong or weak the other GZ test versions are.)  That said, it doesn't seem like a great idea to have nothing but superstar CV players doing the testing, since they'd probably be good enough to make a turd shine and I don't think that's what we really want out of testing.

When does Flamu post crappy games of himself playing a ship? 

• Cool 1

Members
197 posts
8,523 battles

I'm sure there are some players that do ok with the graf Zeplin, however from my experience limited as it is. I have not won a single game when that Pay to Lose ship is on my team.

Good CV players wont use it so the ones that are ... well lets say they need some help.

We had one who decided that it would be a great idea to fly his 4 squads of planes over a Des Moines. I tried to tell him before they got there but he said I didn't know the des moines was a good ship for AA.........

So the players "helping with the test" are probably not the best ones to do so.

Hope WG tests the crap outta this ship

nuf said.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
5,809 battles

Funny, Ive played at least a dozen games with GZ's in them and the only time the GZ lost was to an Enterprise. Even had one fly in on my AA spec'd Iowa, hit me for just over 30k.

I missed the boat on purchasing one thanks to a rather costly truck repair, or I'd be testing the crap out of it.....anyone wanna give me theirs?

If WG really wanted the ship properly tested, it should have been placed in tier 8 experienced CV players ports with a 15 pt captain, free of charge. Remove it after the testing period.