You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

Can we tone down the low tier RNBBs please?

68 comments in this topic

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles

This is really out of hand with the power of their HE shells.  An Orion fired one turret on my Marblehead, and BOOM, there goes 11k+ hp.  Over 1/3 of my ship's health from 2 HE shells landing, plus the fires that start from every hit.  These low/mid tier games have turned to crap for cruisers with the introduction of these things. When I was grinding through the RNBB line, it wasn't even fun doing it in tiers 4-6, as in it just felt scummy landing these hits and deleting cruisers like I had placed a perfect AP into perfect broadside shot.  The alpha damage and fire chance on the low tier BBs really needs a hard nerf bat.

Edited by Ju87s
  • Cool 3

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles

memes aside, do you guys really think this is good for the game?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles

Learn to deal with fire.  Hard to bow tank if on fire, eh?

Keep in mind 2 AP shells could have completely wrecked you, not just hit you for 11K.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles
7 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

Learn to deal with fire.  Hard to bow tank if on fire, eh?

Keep in mind 2 AP shells could have completely wrecked you, not just hit you for 11K.

There is no dealing with fire with these things, especially as a cruiser.  There's also no bow talking against HE, especially in low tier cruisers.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

You can't bow tank much of anything in an Omaha.  152mm will overmatch the bow.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, knice_destroyer said:

@Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi Image result for weaboo thats a paddlin  Anyway just hate that guy/girl and the only response to threads is those stupid weeb memes.  That's why I take the Langley out and focus the Brit bbs and kill them.. More people should do the same.

Triggered much? I don't just post that gif all the time you know, just on whinny [edited]threads like this one. Do a little research before insulting people. 

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
626 posts
6,382 battles
7 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

@Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi Image result for weaboo thats a paddlin  Anyway just hate that guy/girl and the only response to threads is those stupid weeb memes.  That's why I take the Langley out and focus the Brit bbs and kill them.. More people should do the same.

its many people, youtubers, testers, etc. have said that the low tier British BBs should be nerfed a little and I guess you can consider it is a power creep. But I havent had to many issues with them since well 410mm  of the Nagato cuts through them like butter and they burn too. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles
12 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Triggered much? I don't just post that gif all the time you know, just on whinny [edited]threads like this one. Do a little research before insulting people. 

Seems like you go around shitposting it on every opportunity you find.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
658 posts
9,479 battles

I hadn't noticed. No seriously. I count on loosing 2/3 of my health in a cruiser at T4 early in the match. It's what you do after that matters.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,127 battles

They are pretty strong.  I took out Iron Duke for the first time, knowing the HE was good.  I started with AP as a test (I needed a Citadel for the oil mission) and got it easy.  I swapped to HE and wow.  Not only do they hit real hard, but its almost a fire with every hit.  

I have a feeling they will get balanced somewhat in the future.  Hard to say.  WG may keep it as their national flavor...  BBQ:Smile-_tongue:.

B

[SALVO]
Members
17,035 posts
17,659 battles
2 hours ago, Ju87s said:

memes aside, do you guys really think this is good for the game?

If he hit you for 11k damage with so few hits, he must have hit you for at least 1, maybe 2, citadels.  Were you fully broadside to the BB when you were hit?  If you were, you have only yourself to blame.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

If he hit you for 11k damage with so few hits, he must have hit you for at least 1, maybe 2, citadels.  Were you fully broadside to the BB when you were hit?  If you were, you have only yourself to blame.

no, but you don't need to be broadside to get citadeled in an Omaha/Marblehead

[SALVO]
Members
17,035 posts
17,659 battles
48 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

its many people, youtubers, testers, etc. have said that the low tier British BBs should be nerfed a little and I guess you can consider it is a power creep. But I havent had to many issues with them since well 410mm  of the Nagato cuts through them like butter and they burn too. 

Actually, when the RN BB line was released, the youtubers were saying how the Iron Duke felt a little underpowered.  Personally, I don't know how they came to that opinion because it seems plenty good to me.

[SALVO]
Members
17,035 posts
17,659 battles
Just now, Ju87s said:

no, but you don't need to be broadside to get citadeled in an Omaha/Marblehead

With AP, true.  Not so sure about HE though.  Don't assume that BB HE shells have the same penning power as BB AP shells.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,309 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

With AP, true.  Not so sure about HE though.  Don't assume that BB HE shells have the same penning power as BB AP shells.

I've landed cits on angled emeralds with IFHE Belfast, so it definitely can happen.  Either way, it's absurd that a T4 BB has shells with higher alpha damage and fire chance than a Montana, and 1/4 pen on top of that.

[DAKI]
Members
626 posts
6,382 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Actually, when the RN BB line was released, the youtubers were saying how the Iron Duke felt a little underpowered.  Personally, I don't know how they came to that opinion because it seems plenty good to me.

oh no i dont mean by the Duke, to mean it doesnt feel as good as its sister ships bellow like the Orion and Bella, those were the ones that are pretty much perfect ships.

[ADAPT]
Members
828 posts
13,040 battles
2 hours ago, Ju87s said:

This is really out of hand with the power of their HE shells.  An Orion fired one turret on my Marblehead, and BOOM, there goes 11k+ hp.  Over 1/3 of my ship's health from 2 HE shells landing, plus the fires that start from every hit.  These low/mid tier games have turned to crap for cruisers with the introduction of these things. When I was grinding through the RNBB line, it wasn't even fun doing it in tiers 4-6, as in it just felt scummy landing these hits and deleting cruisers like I had placed a perfect AP into perfect broadside shot.  The alpha damage and fire chance on the low tier BBs really needs a hard nerf bat.

Play the orion and try do the same.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
1 minute ago, bandits86 said:

Play the orion and try do the same.

I've done it. Besides, Orion is OP. Oh, and she's really good when angled, too.(Orion, not Marblehead. One wishes Marblehead had the armor and health to take a few hits from BB HE, and 1 or 2 hits from BB AP when angled without going ka-blooey.)

[ADAPT]
Members
828 posts
13,040 battles
6 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

I've done it. Besides, Orion is OP. Oh, and she's really good when angled, too.(Orion, not Marblehead. One wishes Marblehead had the armor and health to take a few hits from BB HE, and 1 or 2 hits from BB AP when angled without going ka-blooey.)

Let it be for now, it just been introduce . Wait for some time to flies  and enjoy the fire burning a while more.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
5 hours ago, Ju87s said:

Seems like you go around shitposting it on every opportunity you find.

I don't, I just follow what is on the front page. If it's not a whinny thread I either leave it because I have no interest or I comment. I post this gif so much because there are so many whinny threads that other people post in that makes it on the front page. I don't actively look for chances to post this I find them from the way the site works. The huge abundance of whinny threads is why I seem to do this at every opportunity, but I don't, as I told the other guy, look at my post history I don't just post that gif, do a little research before you accuse people. 

[SALVO]
Members
17,035 posts
17,659 battles
6 hours ago, Ju87s said:

I've landed cits on angled emeralds with IFHE Belfast, so it definitely can happen.  Either way, it's absurd that a T4 BB has shells with higher alpha damage and fire chance than a Montana, and 1/4 pen on top of that.

Whether it's absurd or not really depends on which ship's HE shells carried more actual explosive.  If the Orion's HE shells carried more actual explosive than the Montana's, why shouldn't it have a higher alpha damage? (Unless the Montana's HE shells were using a more potent explosive pound for pound than the Orion's HE shells.)