You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EverLost

Fuso's shooting range desperately needs to be reduced

17 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
2,063 battles

No it's not about being OP or something

it's about players who play ******* battleships and are scared to scratch their pants so they stay the entire match shooting at the edge of their shooting range, and that always makes closer ships get focused and then the enemy team win by points or by focusing the fuso later

and gosh, the ijn bbs even have tons of extra HP, do they know their guns are extremely imprecise from far and that the far you are from the target the less chance of hitting them you have?

And of course indirectly by being alone you have more chance of getting torped by planes and destroyers, so basically IJN BBs have NO benefits of shooting from far, at least not the entire match as they most do.

And let's not even count the spotting plane who makes the range even bigger, and that amplifies all the effects i wrote

Edited by EverLost

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,357 posts
9,551 battles

It's not a situation unique to the Fuso. It's a problem with a good portion of the player base, that pretty much plagues every battleship class. 

Too many players don't understand the rule of thirds when it comes to artillery.

If you're target is beyond 2/3's your maximum range, you probably need to move up, or wait for your target to gets closer.

If you're target is less than 1/3 of your maximum range, you're probably making a serious tactical error and should back up.

If you're in the middle third, you've done something right.

[POP]
Members
1,236 posts
8,351 battles

It's a meta problem. 

BBs won't move up because there's no support from cruisers (because they will die in about 30 seconds). There's no support from DDs because they are already dead from trying to cap without support. 

It's much like the Prisoner's Dilemma.If everyone plays correctly, it's a beautiful thing. But if everyone doesn't, then those who do will die first, followed by those that don't. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles

Back in the early days, the stock Fuso used to have 14km firing range.....good times good times

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
2 hours ago, EverLost said:

it's about players who play ******* battleships and are scared to scratch their pants so they stay the entire match shooting at the edge of their shooting range, and that always makes closer ships get focused and then the enemy team win by points or by focusing the fuso later

This is called camping and it is discussed all over the Forum; most players, and WoW, consider it to be bad also.

and gosh, the ijn bbs even have tons of extra HP, do they know their guns are extremely imprecise from far and that the far you are from the target the less chance of hitting them you have?

This is called balance and it is something often discussed but never explained.

And of course indirectly by being alone you have more chance of getting torped by planes and destroyers, so basically IJN BBs have NO benefits of shooting from far, at least not the entire match as they most do.

Are they alone because you left them or they left you? Either way, alone = focused.

And let's not even count the spotting plane who makes the range even bigger, and that amplifies all the effects i wrote

And which both sides have access to.

You are complaining about the way the game is played; getting better will make your attitude better.

Members
26 posts
2,063 battles
9 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This is called camping and it is discussed all over the Forum; most players, and WoW, consider it to be bad also.

This is called balance and it is something often discussed but never explained.

Are they alone because you left them or they left you? Either way, alone = focused.

And which both sides have access to.

You are complaining about the way the game is played; getting better will make your attitude better.

1- Yes, but this is exaggerated because of the excess range the IJN ships have

2- the Extra HP is supposed to at least make the BBs feel more confident and not camp but it doesn't work at all

3- Because they just go to the map corners and noone does that? DDs need a reasonable range to torp, cap, and the aggresive ones get even closer, Cruisers need to torp too and even if it's ok to camp with a cruiser (harder to be shot, easier to evade, HE fire spam all the way) they still get kinda close, and the aggro ones go over the DDs too

4- it's not about spotting it's about the extra range

5- Camping screws both the camping player (situational, but i'm talking about BBs in this case) and the other teammates for the reasons me and other people wrote here

Edited by EverLost

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,355 battles
28 minutes ago, EverLost said:

1- Yes, but this is exaggerated because of the excess range the IJN ships have

Well, you will have to talk WoW out of their "national flavor" idea then, because long range guns are the IJN flavor.

29 minutes ago, EverLost said:

2- the Extra HP is supposed to at least make the BBs feel more confident and not camp but it doesn't work at all

You cannot turn a mouse into a lion, regardless of how you armor him up.

31 minutes ago, EverLost said:

3- Because they just go to the map corners and noone does that?

See answer 1 (This is called camping and it is discussed all over the Forum; most players, and WoW, consider it to be bad also.)

32 minutes ago, EverLost said:

DDs need a reasonable range to torp, cap, and the aggresive ones get even closer, Cruisers need to torp too and even if it's ok to camp with a cruiser (harder to be shot, easier to evade, HE fire spam all the way) they still get kinda close, and the aggro ones go over the DDs too

I have absolutely no idea what this means, or where it fits in to your argument.

33 minutes ago, EverLost said:

4- it's not about spotting it's about the extra range

Is the range any less if the Fuso is on your team? Then it's balanced; talk to development.

34 minutes ago, EverLost said:

5- Camping screws both the camping player (situational, but i'm talking about BBs in this case) and the other teammates for the reasons me and other people wrote here

See answer 1 (This is called camping and it is discussed all over the Forum; most players, and WoW, consider it to be bad also.)

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

It should be noted that IJN BBs excel at medium to long range. They are the opposite of German BBs. That being said, they should still not sit at their max range all the time, but overall, their shell velocity and accuracy makes them excel at sniping. On the other hand, Bismarcks sitting at max range all match need a swift kick to the head.

[SYN]
Members
14,468 posts
10,488 battles
On 9/23/2017 at 1:00 AM, Vader_Sama said:

Back in the early days, the stock Fuso used to have 14km firing range.....good times good times

I don't remember, but was the concealment still 17km stock, or was it actually reasonable for the stock range you had?

I seem to recall getting spotted before being able to get into firing range at all with old 14km range stock fuso

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,688 posts
3,833 battles
9 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

I don't remember, but was the concealment still 17km stock, or was it actually reasonable for the stock range you had?

I seem to recall getting spotted before being able to get into firing range at all with old 14km range stock fuso

Oh yes, you get spotted the same distance. It was horrid particularly when you get the ocean map. Islands were your lifeline

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,207 posts
4,332 battles
On 9/22/2017 at 10:54 PM, EverLost said:

No it's not about being OP or something

You see the problem but you keep misdiagnosing it.  Or don’t want to diagnose it correctly.  

[SUCIT]
Members
848 posts
3,659 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 2:16 PM, KaptainKaybe said:

It should be noted that IJN BBs excel at medium to long range. They are the opposite of German BBs. That being said, they should still not sit at their max range all the time, but overall, their shell velocity and accuracy makes them excel at sniping. On the other hand, Bismarcks sitting at max range all match need a swift kick to the head.

Played 4 games in my Bismarck so far and every game has gone the same.  Got into a cap with 2 dds in front of me and 2 cruisers around me, took all the fire and died.  I turned around and saw all 4 of the ships that came with me about 8km behind me.  The life of players who ptfo I guess.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts
4 hours ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Played 4 games in my Bismarck so far and every game has gone the same.  Got into a cap with 2 dds in front of me and 2 cruisers around me, took all the fire and died.  I turned around and saw all 4 of the ships that came with me about 8km behind me.  The life of players who ptfo I guess.

ALWAYS keep on eye on the minimap. No battleship, not even mighty brawling Bismarck, should lead a charge unsupported. It's easy to get overextended when your BB can do 30kts.