krishkhavin

Best Tier and ship to earn credits? HELP!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

19 posts in this topic

I've been playing a lot with my Baltimore lately and I'm having a blast. The xp just keeps adding up except there is one problem. Credits!!! Without the flags I find that I barely make any money. Every single game I have to pay on average 100k for repairs. Doesn't matter if I survive or not.

I am top 5 in every game with Baltimore and I only make around 20k credits (profit). I have almost unlocked the Des Memes but I need the credits.

Clearly T9 isn't working so Im wondering what the best tier/non premium ship is best to make money. I'm not willing to spend any real money for premium time or ships.

Help greatly appreciated.

Who needs a Missouri?

But seriously, in response to OP, if you don't have;

• Missouri
  • Tier 10 with premium camo
  • Premium ships at tier 8

Then your best bet is tier 6 or 7 for credit earning. Just play the ship you do your best in and you should make credits.

shot-17.09.22_21.38.39-0469.jpg

Question for the experts: is Nelson useful for credits? I know it's not Missouri, but I am at 8363 XP to Nelson, or all but halfway to Missouri.  i.e. would Nelson be a decent bridge to build up for MO?  I'm also leery of getting a T9, when I'm just getting into T6/7 somewhat now.

If you can't get Mizzou, then any T8 premium. I highly recommend Kutuzov especially if you have Baltimore. Kutu makes solid credits, same as Bama, Kii, Tirp, Prinz, and Atago BUT it has a way lower skill floor. Just select spot, smoke, spam HE, rinse repeat. After late midgame and your smoke is spent, you can push up and kill stuff in it Balti-style. It is surprisingly tanky when bow-on, the AP is brutal, and the torps are good. 

1 hour ago, krishkhavin said:

I've been playing a lot with my Baltimore lately and I'm having a blast. The xp just keeps adding up except there is one problem. Credits!!! Without the flags I find that I barely make any money. Every single game I have to pay on average 100k for repairs. Doesn't matter if I survive or not.

I am top 5 in every game with Baltimore and I only make around 20k credits (profit). I have almost unlocked the Des Memes but I need the credits.

Clearly T9 isn't working so Im wondering what the best tier/non premium ship is best to make money. I'm not willing to spend any real money for premium time or ships.

There's your problem. Even just when I started and ran only premium time and had no ships I had no issues with credits. You don't even have to do that but the higher the tier the higher the cost especially t7+ there is a chart out there somewhere that shows the cost increases per tier.

1 hour ago, krishkhavin said:

If you're not willing to put any real money into the game, expect everything to take a LONG time.  A long time to grind credits.  A long time to grind XP and free XP.  Everything will just take a long time.

Methos for gaining credits to support high tier play include a combination of:

• Premium time
  • Premium ships, with the higher tier ships generally making a greater credit return per battle (particularly the Missouri, but also the Tirpitz, Belfast and Scharnhorst etc)
  • Mid-tier tech tree ships are the optimal non-premium ships, generally tier 6 and tier 7 - whichever ships you are best at there, such as the Fiji. 

Also, you can:

• Buy the high tier camoflages; 
  • Use the special reward camos; or
  • Signal flags;

Good luck!

2 hours ago, krishkhavin said:

Your stats: 

Mogami: 61% WR, 61k damage, 1.5 KD, 40% survival

New Orleans: 47% WR, 50k damage, 0.8 KD, 25% survival

Baltimore: 45% WR, 59K damage, 1.1 KD, 28% survival 

Maybe your best bet is focusing on the IJN cruiser line considering how much better you got at them at tier 8. You were terrific in USN cruisers until tier 8 and now you're just "meh", so either you've changed how you play them or they just don't work for you. 

Another simple answer, if you're just worried about getting credits, would be to drop down a couple tiers and seal club for the silver. 

A third simple answer would be to play operations (again, if credit farming is your goal). If you're good at them, you can profit 100k credits per operation in tier 5/6 ships. I know some PvP-focused players don't care for shooting bots, but the ops are remarkably lucrative on an XP/Credit:Stress scale. 

WG intentionally make tier 9/10 credit holes so even if you just want to play a tier 10 you're still going to hemorrhage credits all the time. Running premium I can churn out around 300k base credits a game in my Alabama which results in about a million credits an hour. I can easily double that income with camo and flags. Trick is to find a premium ship you enjoy so you don't mind playing it and you need to be consistent at doing damage with it.

Play your life away or spend some cash. On an aside I actually find the credit earning potential here much kinder than tanks.

Tier VII-VIII, IMO, are your money makers, especially VII.

The servicing costs starts ramping up at Tier VII.  But in these tiers you got some very capable ships that scale very well with MM.  They also get to beat up on hapless Tier V-VI ships to pad their stats.  Which is why V-VI are no longer the big money makers, not when they get bullied around a lot by VII-VIII.

Let's face it, few things are as easy, as good a money maker, as padding your stats by using something like North Carolina, Bismarck, Shokaku, etc. to squash bugs like Arizona, New Mexico, Omaha, New York, Aoba, etc.  It's not even fair.  And you get to profit off it mightily.

Try to sell your item that unuse in the inventory. Me get 100m, and credits never a problem

Given the OP's stated parameters of not spending money on premium ships or time, the Emile Bertin, French tier 5 cruiser would be where I stayed.  The repair costs are minimal and credit earning potential is pretty good due to shooting higher tier ships.   

The keys to making credits are:

1. Maximizing damage.

2. Winning (doing the things that let you win also reward you with $$$).  

3. Clubbing the tier 7 ships you will most likely be stuck fighting.

3. Staying alive in order to achieve #1 and #2.

French cruisers are fast and have accurate long range guns, which means you can deal damage from ranges outside most low/mid tier players comfort zones, have the speed to fly around the map, and can play the avoidance game at mid range due to your speed.  The Emile is excellent at this.