You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
krishkhavin

Best Tier and ship to earn credits? HELP!

26 comments in this topic

Members
42 posts
2,911 battles

I've been playing a lot with my Baltimore lately and I'm having a blast. The xp just keeps adding up except there is one problem. Credits!!! Without the flags I find that I barely make any money. Every single game I have to pay on average 100k for repairs. Doesn't matter if I survive or not.

I am top 5 in every game with Baltimore and I only make around 20k credits (profit). I have almost unlocked the Des Memes but I need the credits.

Clearly T9 isn't working so Im wondering what the best tier/non premium ship is best to make money. I'm not willing to spend any real money for premium time or ships.

Help greatly appreciated.

[SEP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,792 battles

Who needs a Missouri?

But seriously, in response to OP, if you don't have;

• Missouri
  • Tier 10 with premium camo
  • Premium ships at tier 8

Then your best bet is tier 6 or 7 for credit earning. Just play the ship you do your best in and you should make credits.

shot-17.09.22_21.38.39-0469.jpg

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

Question for the experts: is Nelson useful for credits? I know it's not Missouri, but I am at 8363 XP to Nelson, or all but halfway to Missouri.  i.e. would Nelson be a decent bridge to build up for MO?  I'm also leery of getting a T9, when I'm just getting into T6/7 somewhat now.

[INTEL]
Members
8,600 posts
25,771 battles

If you can't get Mizzou, then any T8 premium. I highly recommend Kutuzov especially if you have Baltimore. Kutu makes solid credits, same as Bama, Kii, Tirp, Prinz, and Atago BUT it has a way lower skill floor. Just select spot, smoke, spam HE, rinse repeat. After late midgame and your smoke is spent, you can push up and kill stuff in it Balti-style. It is surprisingly tanky when bow-on, the AP is brutal, and the torps are good. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, krishkhavin said:

I've been playing a lot with my Baltimore lately and I'm having a blast. The xp just keeps adding up except there is one problem. Credits!!! Without the flags I find that I barely make any money. Every single game I have to pay on average 100k for repairs. Doesn't matter if I survive or not.

I am top 5 in every game with Baltimore and I only make around 20k credits (profit). I have almost unlocked the Des Memes but I need the credits.

Clearly T9 isn't working so Im wondering what the best tier/non premium ship is best to make money. I'm not willing to spend any real money for premium time or ships.

There's your problem. Even just when I started and ran only premium time and had no ships I had no issues with credits. You don't even have to do that but the higher the tier the higher the cost especially t7+ there is a chart out there somewhere that shows the cost increases per tier.

[SALVO]
Members
17,153 posts
17,812 battles
1 hour ago, krishkhavin said:

If you're not willing to put any real money into the game, expect everything to take a LONG time.  A long time to grind credits.  A long time to grind XP and free XP.  Everything will just take a long time.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,895 posts
1,338 battles

Premium time is pretty damned cheap, but it really helps on credits and xp.

[FML]
Members
1,785 posts
10,159 battles

Methos for gaining credits to support high tier play include a combination of:

• Premium time
  • Premium ships, with the higher tier ships generally making a greater credit return per battle (particularly the Missouri, but also the Tirpitz, Belfast and Scharnhorst etc)
  • Mid-tier tech tree ships are the optimal non-premium ships, generally tier 6 and tier 7 - whichever ships you are best at there, such as the Fiji. 

Also, you can:

• Buy the high tier camoflages; 
  • Use the special reward camos; or
  • Signal flags;

Good luck!

[O_S_D]
Members
119 posts
4,198 battles
2 hours ago, krishkhavin said:

Your stats: 

Mogami: 61% WR, 61k damage, 1.5 KD, 40% survival

New Orleans: 47% WR, 50k damage, 0.8 KD, 25% survival

Baltimore: 45% WR, 59K damage, 1.1 KD, 28% survival 

Maybe your best bet is focusing on the IJN cruiser line considering how much better you got at them at tier 8. You were terrific in USN cruisers until tier 8 and now you're just "meh", so either you've changed how you play them or they just don't work for you. 

Another simple answer, if you're just worried about getting credits, would be to drop down a couple tiers and seal club for the silver. 

A third simple answer would be to play operations (again, if credit farming is your goal). If you're good at them, you can profit 100k credits per operation in tier 5/6 ships. I know some PvP-focused players don't care for shooting bots, but the ops are remarkably lucrative on an XP/Credit:Stress scale. 

Members
554 posts
2,982 battles

WG intentionally make tier 9/10 credit holes so even if you just want to play a tier 10 you're still going to hemorrhage credits all the time. Running premium I can churn out around 300k base credits a game in my Alabama which results in about a million credits an hour. I can easily double that income with camo and flags. Trick is to find a premium ship you enjoy so you don't mind playing it and you need to be consistent at doing damage with it.

Play your life away or spend some cash. On an aside I actually find the credit earning potential here much kinder than tanks.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,230 posts
14,647 battles

Tier VII-VIII, IMO, are your money makers, especially VII.

The servicing costs starts ramping up at Tier VII.  But in these tiers you got some very capable ships that scale very well with MM.  They also get to beat up on hapless Tier V-VI ships to pad their stats.  Which is why V-VI are no longer the big money makers, not when they get bullied around a lot by VII-VIII.

Let's face it, few things are as easy, as good a money maker, as padding your stats by using something like North Carolina, Bismarck, Shokaku, etc. to squash bugs like Arizona, New Mexico, Omaha, New York, Aoba, etc.  It's not even fair.  And you get to profit off it mightily.

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

Given the OP's stated parameters of not spending money on premium ships or time, the Emile Bertin, French tier 5 cruiser would be where I stayed.  The repair costs are minimal and credit earning potential is pretty good due to shooting higher tier ships.   

The keys to making credits are:

1. Maximizing damage.

2. Winning (doing the things that let you win also reward you with $$$).  

3. Clubbing the tier 7 ships you will most likely be stuck fighting.

3. Staying alive in order to achieve #1 and #2.

French cruisers are fast and have accurate long range guns, which means you can deal damage from ranges outside most low/mid tier players comfort zones, have the speed to fly around the map, and can play the avoidance game at mid range due to your speed.  The Emile is excellent at this.  

[JCMNR]
Members
136 posts
12,246 battles

Hello fellow players. I can shed some light on this. For many months I tracked my Credits, XP and Damage. I did not track Base Credits, but rather what I took home to my account/wallet/pocket etc. In otherwords the amount I recieved after repairs etc. I tracked this data over approx 1000 games. I took a screenshot of the results after each round. Then, every few days I would manually enter this data into Excel. I did start off using Mx Stat, but there were many entries missing or corupt back in those days. Mx Stat may well be better these days. IDK.

So anyway, I can safely tell yo, that without a doubt the best balance of Income creds Versus Repair costs was Tier 4 & 5. In particular Premiums. All of them, if played right, will earn more credits than any of the Non prems. I think they must recoevea small buff from WG over there non prem counterpart. Case and point would be Kongo Versus ARP Kongo, Myoko Versus ARP and S Dragon. Minekaze versus Kamikaze R. I have all those ships (and many more lol) the prems win out every time. (on credits anyway). XP and Damage can be differnt. (or at least DMG anyway).

I tracked damage as weell, buit obviouislytie 10 Ships won that, but I only have like 7 Tier Tens, and ZERO Tier 10 Premiums for me. So i couldnt do proper tracking of Tier 10 data for credits versus premiums etc. For me, Zao and Hi9ndenburg beat Kurfurst, Monty and Mato for damage. lol. But thats prolly just my play, not the ship.

Anyway, back to T4 & 5's. My personal best ships, all of which earn well over 100k Net average (meaning in the pocket after costs). Manytimes over 200K. I think Record is just over 500k in the fujin or kamikaze I cant remeber which. So my top earners werre as follows. Kamikaze R, Fujin, ARP Takeo, ARP Kongo, S. Dragon King, Donkey Queue (aka Dunkerque), Oh, and one of the very best and personal favs... PERTH!!! but I think Perth has been Nerfed a little since those days.

So, just to Summarize: The best tier for earning Credits is tier 4 and 5. In particular Premiums. As for non premiums, well that will depend which you play best. I could say Kongo regular is the best, but if your one of those BB Captains thatsin it only for himself and not the team weell your prolly not gonna do so well in the creds dept, and you may be better suited to a DD.

Its going to be a very personal thing as to which non premium ship will earn you thoe most credits.

So my suggestion would be that you select which ever Tier 4 & 5 Ships you are best player in and go wiuth that. you will be earning credits as efficiently as possible.

P.S. I can not show you the results of my research as the HDD that the document used to be on has died. But I assure you, everything I have said/remebered about the T 4 & 5 premiums is true and correct. I promise I am not wrong about those. :D

Hope I was able to help someone!

• Cool 1

Members
217 posts
2,046 battles

In a good game the Texas makes around 350K credits with Zulu and the other credit flags. Plus she is a cheap ship and when you buy her a little bit of your money goes to the actual ship. Unfortunately she's not for sale at the moment, though there is no doubt she will be back in the future.

Or you could go for Missouri, Musashi, basically any premium T7 and up will get you nice income. 

[HIT]
Members
70 posts
6,017 battles

It would appear that OP owns Scharnhorst. As such answer is said ship+Zulu. Add Wyvern when you have free premium time.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
On 9/22/2017 at 9:38 PM, krishkhavin said:

It is my opinion to use Premium Time and tier 7 ships. Premium Ships is icing on the cake here. Tier 7 because it gets Top tier more often than bottom. It has better than average Credit Earnings and Low post battle expenses. I see a significant difference in my earnings from 7 to 8....6 to 7. I don't have  much Credits but 160,000,000 is at a good place to play tier 10 often. 

• Angry 1

Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
1,522 battles

A Tier 8 premium BB would be your best bet or Tier 8 premium Cruiser if your very good with Cruisers.

And to all that don't understand.....Musashi doesn't net any more credits than a Tier 8 premium due to service and reload costs so I absolutely wouldn't invest in the Musashi for credit earnings at least not unless you can offset the cost by using free camos and flags and if you really want to convert 750k XP to Free XP then get the Missouri while you can.  It would only cost you about $120 to convert enough XP to get it (if you have 750k elite XP laying around that is).

As for Tier 8 Premiums, the Roma with the Fuggly camo potential has the best earnings since that camo gives you a -50% to servicing cost and +20% bonus to credit earnings but your taking $85-$100 there depending on how you buy it and I am not sure the Roma is good enough to invest that kind of money in.

Next would be Alabama or Tirpitz.  Last would be Kii.  

Don't forget to consider which line your are going to progress either as even if say the Alabama is better than the Kii, if your going IJN, Kii would be the best choice. 

Edit:  Didn't read the OPs post well enough.  Non-premium is more difficult.  I would say pick a Tier 6 or maybe 7 that you like to play and be done with it as they seem to have the best return.  Also as someone pointed out, don't expect to really go far in this game any time soon if your expecting a free ride.  They made it difficult to progress for free on purpose to encourage you to spend money.  Also if you enjoy the game you should pony up a bit here and there since unless the game makes money, you won't have a game to play.