You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
w4spl3g

I hate the Mutsu, should I buy a Kii?

10 comments in this topic

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts

I know it's 2 tiers up and being compared to Amagi and Nagato but I haven't played either of those. My main beef with the Mutsu was all I heard about when I got it was how great the guns were but it's easier for me to land shells with a Bayern. It doesn't matter how hard something hits if it never lands. Thoughts?

[SIM]
Members
2,531 posts
4,182 battles

The Kii is much easier to use than the Mutsu. The guns seem to be more accurate, but more importantly, your shells don't constantly shatter. I citadeled a side-on Kurfurst twice in one battle, at about 17km, which I've never done in any other ship. In fact, the Kii almost seems like a grown-up Mutsu, that is no longer being punished for the gimmick of having oversized guns for its tier. She's a bit squishy, like most IJN BBs, but she's not the same kind of damage magnet that the Mutsu is. I actually like the Mutsu, but the Kii is absolutely the better ship. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,106 posts
1 hour ago, w4spl3g said:

I know it's 2 tiers up and being compared to Amagi and Nagato but I haven't played either of those. My main beef with the Mutsu was all I heard about when I got it was how great the guns were but it's easier for me to land shells with a Bayern. It doesn't matter how hard something hits if it never lands. Thoughts?

I first started out on the IJN BB line, and gave up the KM BB line because I found I disliked having inaccurate main battery.

What makes me hesitant to pick up the Kii is her guns are notably less accurate than Amagi and Nagato. (Well, that and... Amagi isn't well protected, but Kii is far less so...)

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Why not save some cash and just play the IJN BB line? It's excellent...Kongo, Fuso, Amagi, Yamato, etc. are all strong ships

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[SIM]
Members
2,531 posts
4,182 battles
32 minutes ago, Carrier_Ikoma said:

I first started out on the IJN BB line, and gave up the KM BB line because I found I disliked having inaccurate main battery.

What makes me hesitant to pick up the Kii is her guns are notably less accurate than Amagi and Nagato. (Well, that and... Amagi isn't well protected, but Kii is far less so...)

So I'm kind of a crap marksman in WoWs, and I'm pulling down multiple citadels per game with Kii. Her accuracy has not felt like an issue, at least not compared to ships like Hood and Tirpitz. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,106 posts
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

So I'm kind of a crap marksman in WoWs, and I'm pulling down multiple citadels per game with Kii. Her accuracy has not felt like an issue, at least not compared to ships like Hood and Tirpitz. 

Hmm. Really wish I could try her first...

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,531 posts
4,182 battles
1 hour ago, Gen_Saris said:

Have you played Ishizuchi? Kii is essentially a tier 8 version. 

It's not that in any way, shape, or form. Ishizuchi is an HE centric BB because her AP shells are terrible, that spends most of her time playing like a CA because of her speed. Kii is far more like a traditional BB that crushes things with AP salvos, and only uses her speed to reposition or follow a running battle. Kii has excellent AA and short range torpedoes, where Ishizuchi has poor AA and no torpedoes. Neither has particularly good protection, but that's where all similarities end. 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,777 battles
12 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

It's not that in any way, shape, or form.

They have similar speed, similar armor, similar shell dispersion. Play them the same way.