You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
13Assassins

No Promo Code for NA, WHY? Free Anniversary Container for EU

17 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
128 battles

Have I missed a Promo Code for NA?

EU received a Promo Code today that gave them the following:- 1 x Anniversary Container -> 10 x Camos – 30 x Signals – 1 x Anniversary Collectable.and an Anniversary Flag.

promo-code-reward.png?w=640

Lets hope WG-NA have 1 for us soon.

Edited by 13Assassins
Me Me Me
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,008 posts
7,530 battles

You seem to not understand that things aren't uniform across the servers.

Also, the sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,072 posts
4,514 battles

Entitlement is one thing, but I'm not entirely a fan of the way WG has handled the anniversary event either. Not everyone has Tier X ships for example. The event should be for everyone, new and old.

• Cool 3

Members
9,995 posts

Apparently WG thinks there are too many freeloaders on the NA server, they really don't like giving free stuff anymore...:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

Members
95 posts
128 battles
15 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

You seem to not understand

:Smile_facepalm:

Did you mean "You do not seem to understand"? but I presume your native language is foreign and you used Google translate to get you point across, then acceptable. 

Edited by 13Assassins

[LOU1]
Members
3,072 posts
8,161 battles

I received quite a few things from NA on the Anniversary:

Play at least two battles on any tier I-IX ship in your Port! 

Reward

All players with 1,000+ battles in World of Warships get:

• 10x WoWS Anniversary consumable camos 
  • 10x of each special Signal Flags: Blue Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra 
    - (Earned for every 1,000 battles played, for a maximum of up to 150 signals)

Mission 2

Win one Random, Co-op or Scenario battle in any ship tier IV+

Reward

• 1 Day of Premium Account
  • 25x WoWS Anniversary consumable camos

AND, for T10:

Mission 3

Play one battle with a Tier X ship

Reward

• 1x Supercontainer

You can earn a Supercontainer once per ship, with the possibility of earning a reward on each tier X ship you have.

AND, I got my camos:

Earn a special permanent camo for completing each of the four sub-collections, and it's mountable on Kiev, Charles Martel, Z-23, and New Orleans. Complete the entire Anniversary Collection and you'll get an achievement, a flag and a permanent camo for HMS Monarch.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,206 posts
4,331 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Apparently WG thinks there are too many freeloaders on the NA server, they really don't like giving free stuff anymore...:Smile_teethhappy:

That’s why they gave people who really didn’t need them even more supercontainers for T10 ships?

Members
566 posts
1,461 battles

I don't exactly mind EU getting something nice for once though since they always seem to be on the end of getting shafted among all the servers. 

Although i'd agree that the Tier X requirements to be included is a bit of a turn off.

Edited by Fuyukaze

Alpha Tester
1,072 posts
4,514 battles

There's an easy solution to that. Instead of having premium ships going for $40-$60, cut it in half and develop a sliding scale. I work as a security contractor overseeing a large marijuana grower installation at $20/hr, and even I balk at the prices. It would be much easier for me to justify spending $20 on an item than $50, or $10 a month for premium. This is logic that probably holds true for everyone and the end result would be that they would end up selling more.

Members
9,995 posts
2 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

That’s why they gave people who really didn’t need them even more supercontainers for T10 ships?

Most of the Tier 10 players spent money to get there, and spend even more to play there. :Smile_teethhappy:

Of course they are going to reward them extra...

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,206 posts
4,331 battles

WG has their money, they should be rewarding those who are still getting there (at least as much) because that is where the future money is coming from.  

Edited by comtedumas
  • Cool 1

Members
9,995 posts
25 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

WG has their money, they should be rewarding those who are still getting there (at least as much) because that is where the future money is coming from.  

I'm not arguing that point. And I would never attempt to justify some of the silly ideas they have.

WG has gotten very stingy with free stuff in the last year, and while it perhaps has helped their short term income, it's also driven away a significant chunk of the player base....

I guess i'm a minority, I subscribe to the theory that a successful business succeeds by trying to provide a good experience that the average customer will appreciate and be happy to spend money for.

WG seems to be of the opinion they are better off milking players for everything they can by manipulation, eyecandy and mind numbing grind, while ignoring some of the basic issues with the game itself.:Smile_amazed:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

I wasn't a fan of this anniversary event either.  I guess it's nice that they gave us something but I won't pretend that I liked it.

• Cool 1

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles

Some free camos for T8 ships that may and or may not be worth keeping around in the first place, and some rather nice flags for games played.  That's all you get if you don't have a T10 in your port, so really the event was extremely lackluster IMO.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,535 battles

While I liked a lot of the free stuff and was happy with it, I thought the reward for the collection was odd..a ship specific camo that is useless unless you have the ship. Also the free supercontainers for T10 ships was just another gift to those who already beat up on the lower tiers. 

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
39 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

While I liked a lot of the free stuff and was happy with it, I thought the reward for the collection was odd..a ship specific camo that is useless unless you have the ship. Also the free supercontainers for T10 ships was just another gift to those who already beat up on the lower tiers. 

If I were you, I'd take that point of yours(underlined) as an indication that WG has been lying to us for quite some time. Regardless of what they SAY they feel, they really do approve of sealclubbing. Only thing is, they don't want EVERY SINGLE sealclubber driving a purpose-built sealclubberinian warship, so they can claim they hate sealclubbing. But really, it's just them lying through the skin of their teeth, and trying to hide it.

Oh, WG: you say one thing but mean and enact the exact opposite. This isn't world of warships, people, this is World of 1984, and WG's speaking Orwellian newspeak. :Smile_facepalm: