Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
surratus

Wow, how is the salt tonight?

12 comments in this topic

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Haven't been on since pre-patch.  I'm working with an external keyboard sitting one a busted laptop keyboard - no D. Very awkward, how is a 2 cm offset in X,and Z so awkward? Well, it feels odd, so I thought some time in Co-op to get the feel.  Co-op is a ghost town.  I check the news.  Looks like a lot of players are after oil.  Oil?  For Clan bases?  Is Sid involved?  I watched the release video, I read the forums, but are clans this big a thing?  I'm admittedly new to on-line gaming.

I get the sense that oil in my wallet is a good thing, even a grand thing.  Even if you play solo, oil needs to be a resource to obtain, as it's hinted to offer individual benefits as well as clan benefits (assuming I read that right).  There are even those who seem to promote individual players becoming a solitary one player clan...that actually sounds a bit sad.  Regardless if you are one with a clan the amount of oil gathered is (subjectively) critical to the performance of the your clan.  The benefits offered by building up your clan resources are currently minimal, but the actual benefits are vague and could become more significant, assuming there is enough "crude interest" involved. 

There seem to be a ton of recruiting going on right now and I'm not sure how much of this "fever" is driven by a desire to play WoWS with a bunch of friends, and how much is something more a bit more base. I think WG has the right idea keeping the clans small, and I hope they are able to keep good control over "crude" resources,at least at the beginning.  They've a questionable history of ship balance -  imagine trying to balance clans in preparation for some future competition? 

The whole thing makes me uneasy.  Although to be honest my kid recently walked by the computer, glaring at me with some kind of spa green face mask on, it might have been that.   I was going to play my camo'd IJN destroyers tonight, but...nope.  I wonder what I have in port that's orange?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

Clan resources are only available to 'select' members of the clan.

I may have misread that, but this hasn't been adequately explained..  Are ship discounts only available to the top 1/2 oil producers? 

Or does the leadership select the selection?

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,201 posts
4,297 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I may have misread that, but this hasn't been adequately explained..  Are ship discounts only available to the top 1/2 oil producers? 

I think you have to actually contribute oil to get the bonuses.  Or at least that’s the way I read it.  

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, comtedumas said:

I think you have to actually contribute oil to get the bonuses.  Or at least that’s the way I read it.  

This. And if you leave the clan your oil stays with the clan not you. It's all in their patch notes.

Clans suck. Join mine for free buffs since I already paid to win hence the name.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles
9 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

This. And if you leave the clan your oil stays with the clan not you. It's all in their patch notes.

Clans suck. Join mine for free buffs since I already paid to win hence the name.

What ifffff........

OK..  Fast Forward.. Clan is fully developed with all the perks and bonuses..

So the 'owner' decides to kick everyone out, and sell it to some wallet-warrior. 

Mr/Ms Wallet Warrior then uses it for their business as entertainment..

Hmmmmmmmm...  

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
Just now, AVR_Project said:

What ifffff........

So the 'owner' decides to kick everyone out, and sell it to some wallet-warrior. 

Hmmmmmmmm...  

Yep.

You don't even have to kick people out just get the person who wants to buy it in and hand it over (after their payment clears, of course). Congratulations, you just sold ~50(?) people's time at a profit gg WG. Or, you know, if you plan on bailing the game you could just sell your account which is the clan leader as well as a selling point and to angle for more money. I personally loathe craplike that and have actually gotten accounts banned in other games for craplike this but it definitely creates more possibilities for that type of activity.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles
3 hours ago, surratus said:

There seem to be a ton of recruiting going on right now and I'm not sure how much of this "fever" is driven by a desire to play WoWS with a bunch of friends, and how much is something more a bit more base. I think WG has the right idea keeping the clans small, and I hope they are able to keep good control over "crude" resources,at least at the beginning.  They've a questionable history of ship balance -  imagine trying to balance clans in preparation for some future competition? 

There's several clans of Lone Wolves who are just there to pool the oil and build the perks, and have no real interest in Clan Wars.

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

It is supposed to be based on clan level.  Clan level*10 oil to be exact.  So a max clan level of 12 you would need to contribute 120 oil total to the clan to get the benefits. There is a chart somewhere in here 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

search for "price by level"

Total amount of oil needed for the clan to reach level 12 btw is 641,000 so if you can't get 120 oil while other people get 600+k i guess you don't deserve the benefits

Edited by gloom13
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
28 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

What ifffff........

Hmmmmmmmm...  

Why would anyone in their right mind pay anyone who kicks people out of the clan to join the clan that the leader kicks people out of?

Why not just join one of the many clans that offer everything for free and take in everyone that applies?

Go to the clans section, look at the solo wolves thread, see which of the clans is not full yet, apply, enjoy. in a while after our solo clans get all the benefits we will get enough oil to make them larger, we will open up recruitment again, and even more people would be able to join and get all the benefits. for free. they would just need to get the 10 - 120 oil thats needed to unlock the buildings for them. Will take less than a week of very relaxed play. 

Edited by gloom13

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,883 posts
1,338 battles
28 minutes ago, gloom13 said:

Total amount of oil needed for the clan to reach level 12 btw is 641,000 so if you can't get 120 oil while other people get 600+k i guess you don't deserve the benefits

That's 6 days, 2 daily containers.  That's not counting getting a 3rd one some days, or doing the oil daily, which only takes 2 wins T4+.

Edited by mavfin87
hmm, wth is a containter

Sign in to follow this