Triela50

Kill stealing

  • You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

66 posts in this topic

It's human nature for people to ONLY remember the ships that they were about to kill that someone else finished, and NEVER remember doing the last 35 hp damage for a kill on a Yamato that some BB had been whittling down over 5 minutes of battle.

Tell them to to take fast firing cruisers into matches if they want to rack up kills so bad - PLOT TWIST - they get finished off early in the next match by a Red "Kill Stealer".


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been accused of kill stealing...

with torpedoes...

launched 20 seconds ago...


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah, I always laugh at the kill stealing. As was said, in my BB especially, if I have nuked it down to 800 health, I don't want to waste a salvo on that for a 30 second reload.  The ones that get me, are the BB's you get down, and you wait 30 secs, they get around and island, and no one else took em out. A few mins later, they come back healed and bite you. 

Steal my kills, just get the win!


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chewonit said:

I've been accused of kill stealing...

with torpedoes...

launched 20 seconds ago...

But you KNEW that they would not get to kill the ship before your torps arrived. :Smile_teethhappy:


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO - KS = kill secure.

 

Kill steal is a mith. Is better to finish enemy ships as fast as possible or he can go stealth, heal, reset a cap or kill a ally. Just kill him as fast as possible.

 

We are rewarded for % damage to a ship, so who gets the last hit doesnt matter. 


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kildayil said:

Yah, I always laugh at the kill stealing. As was said, in my BB especially, if I have nuked it down to 800 health, I don't want to waste a salvo on that for a 30 second reload.  The ones that get me, are the BB's you get down, and you wait 30 secs, they get around and island, and no one else took em out. A few mins later, they come back healed and bite you. 

Steal my kills, just get the win!

I don't care if it has 800, or 80,000. Still just as dangerous. Or more if the guy has Adrenaline Rush.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just came out of a game I was in a BB had 160k damage no kills but held the cap we won. no big deal get a kill next game


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only people that complain about kill stealing are those who care more about their K/D ratio than their team's victory. That being said, I do find it appaling when I see a battleship with a thousand HP left, on fire from bow to stern, and people *still* shooting at it. Using one's gun cooldown to finish a ship that's already dead for all practical purposes is stupid and a waste.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A ship at 1/x HP does FULL DAMAGE. I've been there and dunked a FULL HP Yamato with 31 HP- such an action can be game winning move.

A BB with 5 HP can lolDelete a Radar cruiser and win the game through cruical vision denial.

Kill Stealing DOES NOT EXIST. You can make an arguement that OVERKILL does [BB full salvo to kill a engine dead cruiser who's got <1000 HP left, as an example], but not Kill Stealing.
 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triela50 said:

I was just accused of kill stealing and it really got my goat, People honestly it's not your kill until the ship is sunk until then it's up for grabs so stop crying 

 

Oh and if you think I ever stolen a kill from you just remember

 

If you were good enough to kill it 

I couldn't have stolen it

 

If I see 2 ships dueling it out and the enemy is about to die because of what the friendly has done, I hold off. On the other hand if a enemy ships makes it around the corner of an Island and the friendly has lost position, I take the shot. I have seen too many ships that looked dead get away and then do damage. To be safe take the shot and kill the enemy. It all works out in the end, there will be ships that you have hammered and someone gets the kill. Happens to everyone. 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The only people that complain about kill stealing are those who care more about their K/D ratio than their team's victory. That being said, I do find it appaling when I see a battleship with a thousand HP left, on fire from bow to stern, and people *still* shooting at it. Using one's gun cooldown to finish a ship that's already dead for all practical purposes is stupid and a waste.

Depends on the ship- Battleship on quad fire, when's his DamCon? How about Repair Party?
What about main battery?

You'll feel really dumb if you could've sunk him with another blast the seconds spared lets him dunk someone.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triela50 said:

I was just accused of kill stealing and it really got my goat, People honestly it's not your kill until the ship is sunk until then it's up for grabs so stop crying 

 

Oh and if you think I ever stolen a kill from you just remember

 

If you were good enough to kill it 

I couldn't have stolen it

 

it not stealing it about putting the target DEAD! or SUNK! this nonsense talk of kill steal in a team element type game shouldn't be a problem.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If some ship is about to get away; behind a rock, or out of range...

KILL IT!!! TO DEATH!!!

Kill Steal it; Kill Secure it; Kill it softly with a song...

 

Use Salt, maybe even pepper, AP, HE, torpedoes, bombs, empty bottles of secondary gunner adult beverages, spitballs, seagull poop, (especially if it's a Russian or British cruiser,) anything and everything that has even the smallest chance of doing the job.

 

I can't count the number of times some ship has come back to haunt teams I've been on like some shambling zombie from 'The Sailing Dead.'

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only good red is a dead red, no way i won't take a shot if it means having lesser shells being shot at me or my team. 


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

They steal my kills I steal their kills it's ok as long as we win...

 

1 hour ago, gil5461 said:

I will shoot any ship to remove it from the battle, they can cry all they want. I play to win!! And I am grateful if a team mate does the same to me,its all about the team winning the battle.

 

This, exactly!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If some ship is about to get away; behind a rock, or out of range...

KILL IT!!! TO DEATH!!!

Kill Steal it; Kill Secure it; Kill it softly with a song...

 

Use Salt, maybe even pepper, AP, HE, torpedoes, bombs, empty bottles of secondary gunner adult beverages, spitballs, seagull poop, (especially if it's a Russian or British cruiser,) anything and everything that has even the smallest chance of doing the job.

 

I can't count the number of times some ship has come back to haunt teams I've been on like some shambling zombie from 'The Sailing Dead.'

 

You gotta hate that BB who goes away with 2k health and comes back with 8k health and that is usually because there was no focus fire. Someone let someone else 'take care of it'.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

 

You gotta hate that BB who goes away with 2k health and comes back with 8k health and that is usually because there was no focus fire. Someone let someone else 'take care of it'.

You ever see a DD get away, take cap and torp to death a crucial fleet member [like your last Battleship, when your team has only DD very weakened Cruisers left (except one who's stuck dealing with a Montana in open water) while the enemy team has 6 Radar Cruisers left]? That's even worse.


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The only people that complain about kill stealing are those who care more about their K/D ratio than their team's victory. That being said, I do find it appaling when I see a battleship with a thousand HP left, on fire from bow to stern, and people *still* shooting at it. Using one's gun cooldown to finish a ship that's already dead for all practical purposes is stupid and a waste.

I am of the there is never enough firepower school and will throw my entire broadside, you never now when RNG will turn that perfect volley into a single hit.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khafni said:

 

You gotta hate that BB who goes away with 2k health and comes back with 8k health and that is usually because there was no focus fire. Someone let someone else 'take care of it'.

Lol, I take it you've never fought a high tier RN BB?  Because if you let one go on 2k health, it could very easily come back with 40k health a few minutes later.  :cap_haloween:

Edited by yashma

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I consider to be legitimate "kill-stealing" is when you're playing co-op and your CV teammate spots the red CV with his two torp bombers, but instead of dropping right away, he puts his bombers in a holding pattern until you get the red CV to about half-health, and then drops to make sure he gets the killshot. 

 

Alternatively, if your CV teammate unspots the enemy CV while his bombers are reloading so you can't get the kill, I would consider that to be somewhere along the lines of kill-stealing. 

 

Outside of that, and outside of co-op, "kill-stealing" doesn't exist. I always assume that whenever someone complains about it in the chat, they're under the age of 18 and I just let them be. 


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Xlap said:

IMO - KS = kill secure.

 

Kill steal is a mith. Is better to finish enemy ships as fast as possible or he can go stealth, heal, reset a cap or kill a ally. Just kill him as fast as possible.

 

We are rewarded for % damage to a ship, so who gets the last hit doesnt matter. 

 

Exactly


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Triela50 said:

I was just accused of kill stealing and it really got my goat, People honestly it's not your kill until the ship is sunk until then it's up for grabs so stop crying 

 

Oh and if you think I ever stolen a kill from you just remember

 

If you were good enough to kill it 

I couldn't have stolen it

 

Hey Triela - for those who are criticize you for "Kill Stealing" - I posted a forum article a while back on Lanchester's Law - an actual military study that applies to the game strategy in WOWS.  What the Law implies is that there is no such thing as "Kill Stealing", only "Kill Securing" if your primary goal is to give your team the best chance to win the game.

 

There have been many occasions in game where I've done a large chunk of damage to an enemy ship and not gotten the kill.  I've also killed many opportune targets that are low health that I haven't done the most damage to.  In general, these circumstances should even out if you simply play to take out the enemy ship as quickly as possible.   As the Law shows this should be what helps your team the most to win their games &  this appears to be exactly what you're doing.

 

You keep killing anything that is killable quickly - I hope most of my teammates have that attitude and maybe I'll see you in game!

Edited by hangglide42

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lemekillmister said:

These threads are so repetitive.  Now if the topic were Kii stealing...

I haz my Kii. You can never haz it!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.