Triela50

Kill stealing

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

66 posts in this topic

I was just accused of kill stealing and it really got my goat, People honestly it's not your kill until the ship is sunk until then it's up for grabs so stop crying 

Oh and if you think I ever stolen a kill from you just remember

If you were good enough to kill it 

I couldn't have stolen it

2 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

I was just accused of kill stealing and it really got my goat, People honestly it's not your kill until the ship is sunk until then it's up for grabs so stop crying 

Or perhaps RNG stole it? :cap_hmm:

WG creates this anger by making events require kills. It's lazy and shouldn't be happening. 

Fires, Fire damage, torps, torp damage, total damage...there are so many other ways to do events, yet WG keeps coming back to kills....

The salt in co-op while I was doing the achievements was surprisingly ugly, co-op used to be a bit calmer. 

6 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

1 minute ago, awiggin said:

WG creates this anger by making events require kills. It's lazy and shouldn't be happening. 

Fires, Fire damage, torps, torp damage, total damage...there are so many other ways to do events, yet WG keeps coming back to kills....

The salt in co-op while I was doing the achievements was surprisingly ugly, co-op used to be a bit calmer. 

I agree. When I play I try to take out the most dangerous ships first and then the easiest. Taking out a low health ship, means one less thing shooting back. :)

3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I prefer the base xp missions they take longed but way less salt 

They steal my kills I steal their kills it's ok as long as we win...

6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I actually felt bad about this, but what am I supposed to do, stop playing? :Smile_amazed:

dNd6w7O.jpg

I will shoot any ship to remove it from the battle, they can cry all they want. I play to win!! And I am grateful if a team mate does the same to me,its all about the team winning the battle.

The sooner any red ship sinks, the better, imo. I regularly call out (F3) targets that I have nearly killed. The kill-shot is much less important than a win. And the boat you let get off one more round might be the boat that kills someone on your team with that last shot, which could turn the game their way. While I understand opinions on this vary, I would much rather someone take out a nearly dead target than allow it to get off another shot out of some misplaced feeling that it is somehow taking a kill away from me.

Respects,

Am

3 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

They steal my kills I steal their kills it's ok as long as we win...

This, if I have a good shot and I am loaded I will take it and I expect everyone else that has a good shot to be doing the same, red = dead.

7 minutes ago, gil5461 said:

I will shoot any ship to remove it from the battle, they can cry all they want. I play to win!! And I am grateful if a team mate does the same to me,its all about the team winning the battle.

6 minutes ago, Amracil said:

The sooner any red ship sinks, the better, imo. I regularly call out (F3) targets that I have nearly killed. The kill-shot is much less important than a win. And the boat you let get off one more round might be the boat that kills someone on your team with that last shot, which could turn the game their way. While I understand opinions on this vary, I would much rather someone take out a nearly dead target than allow it to get off another shot out of some misplaced feeling that it is somehow taking a kill away from me.

Respects,

Am

4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, if I have a good shot and I am loaded I will take it and I expect everyone else that has a good shot to be doing the same, red = dead.

I agree with all y'all.

8 minutes ago, ObviousAlt said:

I actually felt bad about this, but what am I supposed to do, stop playing? :Smile_amazed:

dNd6w7O.jpg

I had a game like that in the Minekaze. I went into cap A and it seemed like ALL the bots came too. :Smile_teethhappy:

I was frantically WASD hacking and firing every where. When it was all over, I was still alive and the other players were joking to leave them some. :)

Edited by Kizarvexis

you're pretty much preaching to the choir here on the forums. i'd wager that most of us are more than happy to see a kill "stolen" in order to get guns off the enemy team.

unfortunate that the majority of the general population don't visit the forums.

21 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Complete agreed. I actually tend to thank people that clean up ships that my salvo doesn't quite finish off. The only time that it's ever a legitimate gripe is if a Kraken is up for grabs, and even then it's a bit of discourtesy, not theft.

Your goal in a match is to capture the enemy base or sink all their ships.  Realistically, you cannot actually kill steal.  Additionally, the XP you gain from damaging particular ship is based on the percentage of the targets HP and the bonus for the kill is minuscule compared to that.  Play to win and let those players who cannot learn to do so on their own be helped by your kill-stealing. 

Ok, my personal opinion is that "kill stealing" is something that is the result of way too many people being way too attached to their stats rather than winning the game.  If people concentrated more on doing what it takes to win rather than what it takes to farm damage or get their next Kracken Unleashed, I think a lot of players would be a lot happier with how WOWS actually works as an experience.  

This is kind of one of my pet peeves which is right up there with "Fail Division" and people griping that they don't like the ship you are using. 

Any of my team mates who are shooting at a ship that I am targeting had better be advised; I am very likely to thank them.

The practice of multiple ships targeting the same enemy is called Focused Fire. It is one of the most effective ways to put the enemy on the bottom. Any enemy that is sunk is an enemy that can no longer accomplish objectives for the red team and can no longer damage me.

For the record I consider both of those things more important than some stupid statistic about how many kills I've made.

Only time when landing the kill shot matters is when WG makes it matter by including kills in an event instead of damage done or XP earned. Otherwise, all that matters is the ship goes down. Not who did it. 

Funny thing is, several times in a BB I wont take the kill shot on a low health ship as I don't want to waste a 30 second reload for 800 damage......and damn if that ship somehow comes back to haunt our team 5 minutes later.

Edited by Sweetsie

The only time I find "Kill stealing" annoying is when I spend most of my time duking it out with a ship, basically 1v1, and wittle it down, then what should be the kill shot results in a full on broadside lolbounce, bounce, ricochet, shatter, bounce, 1030, bounce, ricochet, bounce......and then some [edited] rolls up and out of the blue, nukes the last 100 health off it....

Its like NOW you fire!?  My ship is half dead, my consumables are gone, and ive been at it for like 5 minutes and NOW you wanna fire the last shot, AND RNG was being a [edited].....GTFO...

...beyond that, if it dies, good.  Play to win, the kills will come. 

If its just a back n forth and someone else gets the kill, then naw, its everyones. 

Edited by KnightFandragon

The key to remember with these kinds of missions is the kills will come and to just play to win.

I still have the co-op kill achievements to do on my second account.  I figure I dust off those two every day -- I'm good.

A PATTERN developed.  No matter what, it takes 3 games to make the 2 kills.

I'm playing a Zuiho, and nail 4 torpedo hits on a cruiser....  someone else gets the kill and is awarded their toaster.

OK..  Next ship up is the CV..  same drill -- 1/2 health, drop two squads of torps.....  Someone dev strikes it from half health -milliseconds- before they get there.

Similar thing going on with the St. Louis..   Gunned down a DD, then I rammed another St. Louis...  I died - someone else gets the St. Louis kill.  I receive ram damage, the bot didn't

So I play my three games and say.. whatever.  It's only 6 easy games total, and I know I'll never make it on the first one.  But by the third one..  The bots just fall like flies.

54 minutes ago, awiggin said:

7hHVV2w.jpg

I guess the only way to truly steal kills is to sink an allied ship. Lol then I guess you could justify saying somebody stole your ability to make kills in that battle.