Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Brhinosaurus

GZ armor is legit!

11 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
752 posts
6,350 battles

caught a GZ test version 1 at the edge of my gun range in a Gearing and started lobbing HE at it.  It was partially behind an island so I couldn't target specific points very well... not a point of damage.  I guess I should have switched to AP?  I also assume I would have done some actual damage had I landed anything on the island?

Fortunately for me I started one fire early and a second one after he used damage control, and that was enough to get me the kill.

shot-17.09.22_19.09.36-0420.jpg

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,767 posts
6,944 battles

The GZ might have charged you, and demonstrated not only tier8 cruiser armour, but shiny paint and secondaries to be proud of. I have sunk several dds in my GZ by doing just that. Fortunately for most adversaries, GZ drivers are still a bit shy.

[R-F]
Members
752 posts
6,350 battles

When the GZ was first released, before they announced the rework, I charged one in my Gearing with 5k hp left.  Secondaries took me out but my torpedoes got him after.  That was an eye opener for sure... GZ is a prickly customer.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,767 posts
6,944 battles
19 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

When the GZ was first released, before they announced the rework, I charged one in my Gearing with 5k hp left.  Secondaries took me out but my torpedoes got him after.  That was an eye opener for sure... GZ is a prickly customer.

it is a choice a GZ has to make, but it is reasonably fast, but being a slow turner with a lot of bleed, the best defence against a dd attacking with torps (except Shima from which there is no escape) is to charge it head on, presenting the bow and the best ability to dodge a torp spread, reducing flight time for the dbs to attack (HE vanilla GZ only because AP dbs  from TEST GZ are useless against a dd), and using manual fire control on the secondaries to maximise fire chance on the dd/ Many dds panic, which is hilarious. A sensible dd will run to a safe range (7-7.5 km+). A GZ that runs away from a Gearing for example, is in fact reducing its chances of surviving the encounter/ (Odds are still in favour of a sensible dd, whichever choice the GZ makes)/

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,767 posts
6,944 battles
20 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

well nobody every accused me of being sensible.

Tip, port side has the fewest secondaries. Try to avoid attacking starboard. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,366 posts
3,558 battles
On 9/22/2017 at 7:51 PM, nuttybiscuit said:

it is a choice a GZ has to make, but it is reasonably fast, but being a slow turner with a lot of bleed, the best defence against a dd attacking with torps (except Shima from which there is no escape) is to charge it head on, presenting the bow and the best ability to dodge a torp spread, reducing flight time for the dbs to attack (HE vanilla GZ only because AP dbs  from TEST GZ are useless against a dd), and using manual fire control on the secondaries to maximise fire chance on the dd/ Many dds panic, which is hilarious. A sensible dd will run to a safe range (7-7.5 km+). A GZ that runs away from a Gearing for example, is in fact reducing its chances of surviving the encounter/ (Odds are still in favour of a sensible dd, whichever choice the GZ makes)/

You run manual secondaries on her? I would think 4 points would be better used...but then chewing up cheeky DDs sounds like fun... 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,767 posts
6,944 battles
42 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

You run manual secondaries on her? I would think 4 points would be better used...but then chewing up cheeky DDs sounds like fun... 

I use manual priority targetting (ctrl right click tgt), but don't bother speccing my capt on that. It would be a waste in most pvp battles.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Don't manual secondary guns run the advanced fired training increase both aa and secondary guns and they will fire while you keep the BD trained on the same target

[LEGIO]
Members
2,986 posts
5,402 battles

Near the end of a game some GZ driver thought to come out from behind some islands and have a secondary duel with my Bismarck. It took a surprisingly long time to sink her.

Sign in to follow this