Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
toosonmike

Crew Members On The Missouri?

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles

So, I was looking at the Missouri in the tech tree, and from a door under the second turret a cook comes out, walks up a ladder and into another door. Back by the rear turret a crew member comes out and starts practicing kung fu. Please tell me I'm not losing it!

Members
271 posts
3,535 battles

You're not losing it. It's Steven Seagal, and it's a reference to the movie Under Siege. If you look closely beside the bridge tower, you can also see the 'surrender table' set up on the starboard side.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,941 posts
7,508 battles

I just can't even that people don't know this.

It's Steven Segal, because he was in Under Siege, which used, wait for it, the MO, and due to him being a special captain in the game, with his own voice in the game, and his own promo for the ship before it came out.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,783 battles
31 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

It's Steven Segal, because he was in Under Siege, which used, wait for it, the MO, and due to him being a special captain in the game, with his own voice in the game, and his own promo for the ship before it came out.

Under Seige was in theatres in 1992. That's before many of our players were even born. 

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
4 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

Under Seige was in theatres in 1992. That's before many of our players were even born. 

And was a pretty dumb movie.

Fun, but dumb.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles
11 hours ago, DeliciousFart said:

We got Steven Seagal instead of actual admirals, like Willis Lee, Norman Scott, Ernest Evans, Robert Copeland, or Raymond Spruance.

Marketing....

Steven Segal is both alive AND a huge hit in Russia.

It was a good marketing decision that brought them lots of money off of their largest server. You're just going to have to deal with him. There are mods to turn him off, in appearance and voice if you are that disgusted by him.

Edited by twitch133

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
12 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Fun, but dumb.

Almost as dumb as executive decision .

That movie was worth it just to watch Steven Segal get killed unexpectedly .

• Cool 1

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
13 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I don't look at the tech tree that often to even see it.  I saw the movie but it was a 20 years ago and I had no idea it was the MO.  If I saw it in the tech treee I would not have gotten the reference either even though I graduated high school in '85.

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
12 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Fun, but dumb.

To be fair - that is pretty much all of his movies.

Members
2,614 posts
3,569 battles
24 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Some may call this sacrilegious, but.... To be fair, that was pretty much all of the big name action movies of the time period.

People hate me for it, but I think that big names such as Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Lundgren, Van Damme, Russell, Willis, Norris.... All of their movies were pretty stupid. I hate that '80's and '90's format, big name action movie, it is so predictable and boring.

Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
27 minutes ago, twitch133 said:

Some may call this sacrilegious, but.... To be fair, that was pretty much all of the big name action movies of the time period.

People hate me for it, but I think that big names such as Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Lundgren, Van Damme, Russell, Willis, Norris.... All of their movies were pretty stupid. I hate that '80's and '90's format, big name action movie, it is so predictable and boring.

It was what people wanted to see back then.

The actors that stayed relevant were the ones who could actually act lol. (loved Stallone in Copland, he had to gain 30 lbs of fat for the role, adding chocolate milk and donuts to his diet)

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Yeah, but all of his movies didn't have Erika Kawhoziak in them.  Under Siege got two bonus points just for that.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,461 posts
3,211 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Yeah, but all of his movies didn't have Erika Kawhoziak in them.  Under Siege got two bonus points just for that.

the cake scene was especially nice, and isnt her name Erika Eleniak? 

Edited by JSFWRX85

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
Just now, JSFWRX85 said:

the cake scene was especially nice

There was a cake in that scene?  Funny... I don't seem to recall a cake.  Hang on... lemme check.

Son of a gun!   

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,461 posts
3,211 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

There was a cake in that scene?  Funny... I don't seem to recall a cake.  Hang on... lemme check.

Son of a gun!   

lmbo, i see what you did there

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles
2 hours ago, twitch133 said:

Can't watch ANY Norris product - not even the TV show.  Same for Stallone, though Rocky was good but I can't stand boxing.  Guardians of the Galaxy was almost ruined for me by him being in the movie.  Van Damme had 1 good movie and Lundgren had no good movies at all.  Arnold is the only one that had several good movies.  Russell again only had one good movie as well.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles
16 hours ago, DeliciousFart said:

We got Steven Seagal instead of actual admirals, like Willis Lee, Norman Scott, Ernest Evans, Robert Copeland, or Raymond Spruance.

Don't forget the Bull. 

10 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

There is also a nice little table

I think that's a neat addition.

Sign in to follow this