Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeliciousFart

Ranked season 8 is delayed

28 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
8,032 posts
12,542 battles

That's a shame, I will probably be running low on flags and camo well before then.

I only grind to the 5-10 bracket but doing so is quite rewarding, especially as you start at a middling rank just by turning up.

I have serious reservations about Clan Wars, I hope they're a player enticing panacea to the game and not just a nightmare of brigading toxicity.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,868 posts
19,958 battles

Damn, wanted some better quality matches sooner than later but it is understandable with clan battles on the way.

[RKLES]
Members
10,312 posts
12,000 battles
9 minutes ago, mofton said:

That's a shame, I will probably be running low on flags and camo well before then.

I only grind to the 5-10 bracket but doing so is quite rewarding, especially as you start at a middling rank just by turning up.

I have serious reservations about Clan Wars, I hope they're a player enticing panacea to the game and not just a nightmare of brigading toxicity.

Just open 2 daily crates every day and select the Camo and Signal flag crate and open that one. That's what I do in order to stockpile Signal Flags.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
10,312 posts
12,000 battles
27 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Nice. Good choice. It's too stressful for most to handle it seems.

11 minutes ago, m373x said:

Wanted some better quality matches sooner than later but it is understandable with clan battles on the way.

Yeah if you have good ships, high point captain, good supply of Signal Flags, and reasonable skill as a player then Ranked is a lot of fun and only having to carry 6 other players is usually a lot easier than trying to carry 11 players.

Kind of glad they are not doing another Ranked this year because they have added some new battke features which I predict will turn out to be huge fiasco and it will give Wargaming time to realize their mistakes and correct them hopefully by the time the next Ranked Season arrives.

Members
0 posts
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah if you have good ships, high point captain, good supply of Signal Flags, and reasonable skill as a player then Ranked is a lot of fun and only having to carry 6 other players is usually a lot easier than trying to carry 11 players.

Kind of glad they are not doing another Ranked this year because they have added some new battke features which I predict will turn out to be huge fiasco and it will give Wargaming time to realize their mistakes and correct them hopefully by the time the next Ranked Season arrives.

Ranked is fun if you don't read what anyone types.

Members
1,296 posts
867 battles
26 minutes ago, mofton said:

I don't know, from my experience, the 10-6 bracket is absolutely cancerous, and 5-2 had the problem of running into the same players again and again and again. Then again I did grind out the premier bracket in the last week when most people had the same idea.

Edited by DeliciousFart

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts

Ranked either needs safe ranks at each new league, or it needs the extra star on rank up at high ranks.

One of the biggest problems with high ranks is that they can't generate their own stars at any reasonable rate, and have to wait for stars to trickle down from R10 (trickle down sucks - especially given the massive population drop below R12).

Safe ranks/rank up star also both provide some respite from the other major ranked complaint, constant yoyoing.

Edited by issm
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
8,032 posts
12,542 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just open 2 daily crates every day and select the Camo and Signal flag crate and open that one. That's what I do in order to stockpile Signal Flags.

I usually get 3 crates a day - but that means a higher ratio of games to crates - and I'm starting to fall behind.

Just now, DeliciousFart said:

I don't know, from my experience, the 10-6 bracket is absolutely cancerous.

Rewarding in the 'played a few games, got a decent amount of stuff' sense, not the gameplay so much. If I can keep 60% WR for 30 games and get to say R8 I'll get a decent amount of swag for relatively little effort.

[RLGN]
Members
11,728 posts
20,719 battles

Darn... Ranked season delayed...

I may just have to quit the game...

(...for two weeks... I'm going on vacation...)

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles

Since they were talking about allowing divisions, do not care.  I won't play ranked with divisions.

• Cool 2

Members
4,886 posts
8,152 battles
1 hour ago, mofton said:

Lots of holiday stuff coming up - Halloween, Christmas, New Years should bring a large amount of flags/camo.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,967 posts
27,089 battles

Thank you.

Got to rank 2 last season with much gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair.

Don't think I'm ready for another season yet.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
1 hour ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Ranked is fun if you don't read what anyone types.

Not really.  Once I got to rank 5, it felt like playing T10.  I wasn't able to force myself to play anymore.

• Cool 1

Members
0 posts
26 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Not really.  Once I got to rank 5, it felt like playing T10.  I wasn't able to force myself to play anymore.

Oh I see. I'll amend my statement: Ranked is not fun at all.

[FML]
Members
3,053 posts
13,073 battles
2 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Since they were talking about allowing divisions, do not care.  I won't play ranked with divisions.

What, ranked with divisions?  Why would they break it like that?

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Because elitist unicums want to rig matches more effectively.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,521 posts
12,810 battles
8 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I dunno they said they were planning it though.

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,496 battles
4 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

Source?

Sign in to follow this