You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

some Deep Water Torp Performance Data...

62 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Instead of listing a lot of numbers, spreadsheets, diagrams etc. Decided to simply show the WOWs Community the joys of Deep Water Torpedoes and what your ship is likely to be like after receiving 1 hit esoevially midships since they will be avoiding your Torpedo bulges and hitting your keel, enjoy...

IMG_8743.JPG.c243dd46b25d38014ce83cc7b3340147.JPG

IMG_8742.thumb.JPG.45a12e90b4c98f7ef0adac081fb9828e.JPG

You see when Torpedoes hit the side of a ship the hull is better able to absorb a hit plus some of the blast is dissipated up into the air, but deeper underwater the pressure wave from the blast goes right up through the ship.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Have seen the same thing done to Destroyers an Cruisers, I assume the same thing might be done to BBs as well or at least certain BBs depending on their construction. Wargaming loves throwing in at least General real world data on how their game vehicles are built for the game.

Ammo Magazine Detonation rate will likely skyrocket as well.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles

Doesn't get dumber than this deep water crap. They should add missiles next. Just so it is all consistently retarded both above and below water.

The end of WoWs folks. Get it while its hot. Erm, i mean playable. Because this game is now terminal.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109
  • Cool 4

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
14 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

Doesn't get dumber than this deep water crap. They should add missiles next. Just so it is all consistently retarded both above and below water.

The end of WoWs folks. Get it while its hot. Erm, i mean playable. Because this game is now terminal.

Lol well while they are not adding Anti Ship Missiles yet the Graf Zepplin AP Bombs are about as bad as dealing with missiles.

Have lost a couple battles already thanks to those things singling me out when I was ripping apart the enemy fleet.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
10 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I'm relatively sure that's not how they'll work.

I have seen ships in WOWs get split in half and considering real world Deep Water Torpedo data this is likely how they will work considering Wargaming seems to like using real world data as much as possible while still have a few adjustments for their games.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
20 minutes ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

mEYb4Rt.gif

Keep it classy, your overreactions and gratuitous hyperbole are adorable.

Members
1,249 posts
737 battles

That's not how deep water torpedoes are being implemented in game. I believe they're simply running deeper to strike high-draft ships lower in their hull. Under-keel torpedoes weren't operational until well into the Cold War.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
1 minute ago, DeliciousFart said:

That's not how deep water torpedoes are being implemented in game. I believe they're simply running deeper to strike high-draft ships lower in their hull. Under-keel torpedoes weren't operational until well into the Cold War.

Have you met Wargaming??? Lol I can unfortunately think of some pre Cold War torps that could explode unde the ships, but they were unreliable enough that many in WOWs would not have heard of them, but considering ships in WOWs get to run continuously at their max speed, Torpedoes always fire, etc. I think it's safe to assume such Torpedoes would detonate with Wargaming around.

Members
1,249 posts
737 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Have you met Wargaming??? Lol I can unfortunately think of some pre Cold War torps that could explode unde the ships, but they were unreliable enough that many in WOWs would not have heard of them, but considering ships in WOWs get to run continuously at their max speed, Torpedoes always fire, etc. I think it's safe to assume such Torpedoes would detonate with Wargaming around.

I'm well aware of WW1 and interwar developments in magnetic exploders, but they were incredibly unreliable, and operational torpedoes during WW2 generally used contact exploders.

You're describing the effects of under-keel torpedo explosions wrong in any case. The blast doesn't "go through the ship". Underwater explosions create a gas bubble that, if large enough, causes severe hull whipping and buoyancy disruption of the hull that introduces it to stresses they aren't designed to handle. Damage from hull structural failure such as buckling would cripple the ship, rather than relying on direct side breach. Read up on the Mark 48 ADCAP.

Edited by DeliciousFart
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,600 posts
25,771 battles
15 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol well while they are not adding Anti Ship Missiles yet the Graf Zepplin AP Bombs are about as bad as dealing with missiles.

Have lost a couple battles already thanks to those things singling me out when I was ripping apart the enemy fleet.

LOL. CVs are intended to be offmap guided missile cruisers, handing out pointless cancer damage like artillery in WoT. The new AP bombs are how that is supposed to work. Really sucks for the people who came to play the game. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
15 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

LOL. CVs are intended to be offmap guided missile cruisers, handing out pointless cancer damage like artillery in WoT. The new AP bombs are how that is supposed to work. Really sucks for the people who came to play the game. 

Still 1 bomb should not be able to kill some of these BBs when historically always took multiple bomb hits to sink a BB.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Still 1 bomb should not be able to kill some of these BBs when historically always took multiple bomb hits to sink a BB.

It's never one bomb. A single AP bomb does about as much as a 20.3cm cruiser's AP shell.

Something like 7300 or thereabouts.

Edited by AraAragami

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Deepwater torps won't blow under a ship's keel, they will hit the side of a deep displacement ship.  Proximity exploders were not reliable during WW2.  I just would like to know what the draft cutoff will be.  Frankly I don't think cruisers should be getting hit with these at all due to the known survivability issues cruisers face, but that's a balance concern more than a realism concern.

[SIM]
Members
2,553 posts
4,193 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Deepwater torps won't blow under a ship's keel, they will hit the side of a deep displacement ship.  Proximity exploders were not reliable during WW2.  I just would like to know what the draft cutoff will be.  Frankly I don't think cruisers should be getting hit with these at all due to the known survivability issues cruisers face, but that's a balance concern more than a realism concern.

If they hit Cruisers, then they'll be flat OP. These need to be something that a player uses if they're going to serve as a dedicated BB hunter. Against everything else (short of CVs, though that's hardly relevant to most battles), they should slip by harmlessly. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Right now they are confirmed to hit some cruisers (Des Moines was specifically mentioned as being hit in the info I saw)

[FTWRK]
Members
560 posts
3,502 battles
1 hour ago, AraAragami said:

I don't even need to insult some as low as you; the rest of the forum does it daily. Keep coakroaching and let me know when you find that data to justify your constant pathetic womanly wails about DDs. 

8 hours ago, Big_Spud said:

Go back to throwing tantrums over joke posts that made sense to everybody but you.

Oh wait, you're doing that right now. At least you can say that you're consistent.

giphy.gif

Edited by BlitzFalcon109
  • Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

mEYb4Rt.gif

it seems you have a fan club.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

it seems you have a fan club.

Isn't it adorable, how it thinks I care that it can quote someone who doesn't like me and act like that means something?

Edited by AraAragami
  • Cool 2

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,001 posts
5,978 battles
13 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Isn't it adorable, how it thinks I care that it can quote someone who doesn't like me and act like that means something?

I can't say I like either of you, and I wish people wouldn't randomly quote me to make a point in their own post in an entirely different thread, but its good for a laugh I guess.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
10 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

I can't say I like either of you, and I wish people wouldn't randomly quote me to make a point in their own post in an entirely different thread, but its good for a laugh I guess.

Don't blame me for his actions.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

It's never one bomb. A single AP bomb does about as much as a 20.3cm cruiser's AP shell.

Something like 7300 or thereabouts.

Your estimates are what normal air droppedcbombs do in game, but that Graf Zepplin has been doing 50,000 to 80,000 HP of damage in 1 bomb hit and yes I carefully checked the battle report and it was not Magazine Detonation either 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,466 posts
3,875 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Your estimates are what normal air droppedcbombs do in game, but that Graf Zepplin has been doing 50,000 to 80,000 HP of damage in 1 bomb hit and yes I carefully checked the battle report and it was not Magazine Detonation either 

It wasn't one bomb, either.