You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

Customer Survey on MUSASHI!

Musashi  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Musashi be accessible?

• Clan Wars Exclusive
    • Cost huge amount of free exp (similar to Missouri)
    • Like most premium ships, sold for gold or cash!
  2. 2. Should Musashi be tier 9 or 10?

• 9 - with nerfed qualities to balance out auto-pen 460mm guns
  3. 3. When do you want to have the Musashi?

• Today - even if it's not fully balanced
    • During Christmas - Because Santa!
    • Next year - if it's what it takes to create a balanced ship!
    • I do not want this Monstrosity in this game at ALL!

79 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
840 posts
7,393 battles

Sorry guys and gals...I really believe that it'll be a Clan Wars exclusive.  

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,776 battles

Do we really need another dumpster fire of a thread discussing how the Musashi should be implemented?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,199 posts
3,895 battles

Tier 9 with 41cm guns instead of 46cm guns.

Essentially a paper design, a proto-Yamato. Izumo with a different turret layout.

People complain that tier 7 will suffer under 46cm guns (somehow, more than 41cm guns that already overmatch all of them) and the article said they don't want to do a tier 10 premium/reward ship.

So I feel like a 41cm-armed "What the USN thought it was/What Japan claimed it was" what-if build as a tier 9 IJN Missouri credit printer.

Members
1,296 posts
867 battles
35 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

Essentially a paper design, a proto-Yamato. Izumo with a different turret layout.

People complain that tier 7 will suffer under 46cm guns (somehow, more than 41cm guns that already overmatch all of them) and the article said they don't want to do a tier 10 premium/reward ship.

So I feel like a 41cm-armed "What the USN thought it was/What Japan claimed it was" what-if build as a tier 9 IJN Missouri credit printer.

Tier 9 should've been the un-nerfed Kii with the proper modernization, i.e. torpedo bulge, no torpedoes, more armored turrets.

Edited by DeliciousFart

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles

My vote is free Xp ship, with original Yamato configuration and a better heal (not old Yamato or RNBB level but better).

Members
1,296 posts
867 battles
3 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

My vote is free Xp ship, with original Yamato configuration and a better heal (not old Yamato or RNBB level but better).

Yamato with better heal than Conqueror? Are you crazy?

[RLGN]
Members
11,673 posts
20,672 battles

As I said in another thread; to hell with anything that's a clan exclusive. I'd rather do without it.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,199 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Tier 9 should've been the un-nerfed Kii with the proper modernization, i.e. torpedo belt, no torpedoes, more armored turrets.

I can't argue with that, but it's not what we got, so dwelling on it is a bit pointless.

[WOLF2]
Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,078 battles

It really wouldn't take much to bring Musashi to tier 9 levels. Simply reduce the damage to 16" gun levels and drop the sigma down to 2 instead of 2.1. Test that and make changes as needed. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,482 battles
9 minutes ago, DeliciousFart said:

Yamato with better heal than Conqueror? Are you crazy?

You misunderstood what i said i meant better than the tech tree Yamato but not the old Yamato or RN BB heal.

[ADAPT]
Members
937 posts
16,048 battles

Do WG even care bout this thread in here? Dont know, but maybe we need to hear what ichase and other wgcc say bout where it should be implemented. Cause, i believe wg listen when ichase issue until then, you all just wasting time.chears

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,094 posts
12,348 battles
48 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Do we really need another dumpster fire of a thread discussing how the Musashi should be implemented?

It is what we do and we do it well.

[CUTE]
Privateers, Supertester
728 posts
8,776 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It is what we do and we do it well.

I worked hard to make that first thread a dumpster fire, I don't feel like doing it again :Smile_sceptic:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
6,371 posts
9,731 battles
50 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

thats.............actually a good idea, genius even 

[MIA-I]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,799 posts
8,642 battles

I'm going to ignore the poll and say that the Musashi should be worth 1 mil free xp as well as being a clan battle reward and both versions should have unique camos

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
22,094 posts
12,348 battles
1 minute ago, _Fantomex_ said:

I worked hard to make that first thread a dumpster fire, I don't feel like doing it again :Smile_sceptic:

It will become an out of control fire without your help.

Photo-of-refinery-16May2010.jpg

[WOLF5]
Members
2,715 posts
3,125 battles

Put it at T10 for a million (literally) FXP. Don't bother with the nerf crap. Just make it T10. We already have a T9, might as well go all the way. The Yamato is Yamato because 18.1in lolpen. Yamato with no lolpen is meh. Lolpen is OP for T7. So make it T10, and make it better financially than the MO (maybe -100% to repair costs, on top of the MO's bonuses)

I say if they implement the Musashi, implement it in style.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
208 posts
8,509 battles

Why not giver her to us in 1942 form, and make the 6" guns a viable secondary weapon? Japanese 6" HE with 10km range maybe, so it's not just a clone of Yamato? It would obviously be AA deficient, but you need some kind of trade-off.

Musashi1942.png

Edited by SteveStevenson
additional thoughts.
  • Cool 3

[DAM-U]
Members
11,026 posts

Clan reward is the stupidest possible option.

Reward ships are hilariously ineffective at actually convincing people to play a bad game mode (See ranked and the 95% population dropoff after the last safe rank), Reward ships are unnecessary to convince people to play a good game mode (See operations and co-op), and having the ship as an exclusive would just piss off the vast majority of players who will never get it.

Edit: It's fine to tie Musashi to clans, HOWEVER, it would be silly to artificially limit the supply. If you're going to tie it to clans, do it through clan missions or something, i.e. win X number of battles in clan wars, or kill X number of ships, or even a clan campaign or some crap. Something where people can see measurably, irreversible progress, where they won't feel like they've dumped hours into the grind with nothing to gain - if they haven't fallen farther from their goals. *coughrankedcough*.

Tie it to clans if you want, just don't introduce artificial scarcity where none need exist.

Edited by issm
  • Cool 7

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
Just now, issm said:

Clan reward is the stupidest possible option.

Reward ships are hilariously ineffective at actually convincing people to play a game mode (See ranked and the 95% population dropoff after the last safe rank), and having the ship as an exclusive would just piss off the vast majority of players who will never get it.

This.gif.fdfd9bbf7d3320dd0b9a72b77005457f.gif

Upvote.gif.54a33dcf7dd4db304e9fc611841972b8.gif

• Cool 4

[HYD]
Members
7,049 posts
4,929 battles
16 minutes ago, SteveStevenson said:

y not giver her to us in 1942 form, and make the 6" guns a viable secondary weapon? Japanese 6" HE with 10km range maybe, so it's not just a clone of Yamato? It would obviously be AA deficient, but you need some kind of trade-off.

Musashi1942.png

I like this idea. 

• Cool 2

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles

Please don't her a reward ship, for all that's good in my life I want her as something I can get.

My clan consists of me and my schoolfriends and clan wars we'll never be able to do in force.

1mill, 1.2mill freexp even, just let me get her with fxp.

• Cool 2

Members
828 posts
6,367 battles
8 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Please don't her a reward ship, for all that's good in my life I want her as something I can get.

My clan consists of me and my schoolfriends and clan wars we'll never be able to do in force.

1mill, 1.2mill freexp even, just let me get her with fxp.

LOL i know. in case it's CW only, I did join a clan yesterday for this!