Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ministre_de_la_Marine

A Small Request

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
22 posts

Would all of you CV main drivers please put me on your block list? Pretty please?

I don't like carrier matches and prefer to avoid them.

It's really annoying when every match friendly fighters get used up as bomber escorts and strafers, with no fleet combat air patrol, and fleet gets swarmed by opposing planes. At the middle tiers ships own AA is insufficient.

I automatically put players with premium CV's on my block list. Please return the favor.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_popcorn:

Oh by all the seven seas and Neptune's Beard, when I think I have seen it all on here someone resets it.

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_popcorn:

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

Umm you do know that blocking a player only blocks them in chat right? They can still get matched with or against you in battles...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Umm you do know that blocking a player only blocks them in chat right? They can still get matched with or against you in battles...

Thank you, this:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Umm you do know that blocking a player only blocks them in chat right? They can still get matched with or against you in battles...

Actually, I didn't know. Thanks for that 411.

I guess the only way to avoid CV's is stick to T2 cruisers and DD's. That's a shame, but so be it.

Edited by Grenouille_folle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,281
[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles
Just now, Grenouille_folle said:

Actually, I didn't know. Thanks for that 411.

I guess the only way to avoid CV's is stick to T2 cruisers and DD's. That's a shame, but so bet it.

CVs are not all that common and as long as you put good AA on your ship and can dodge some of their attacks they will not bother you all that much. Have had some CV players actually give up on attacking me because they were losing planes and failing to hit me lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

CVs are not all that common and as long as you put good AA on your ship and can dodge some of their attacks they will not bother you all that much

After 8 out of 9 matches this morning getting swarmed by torpedo bombers, I just "mothballed" my Dunkerque and put her 13-point captain on my Jurien lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
2 minutes ago, Unabletony said:

Maybe you should try CVs and see how hard it is to cover and attack.

I considered it, but the interface looks like a 1990's vintage table-top strategy game. Not my glass of pinot noir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
389
[POP]
Members
1,237 posts
8,354 battles

One should not throw stones until one has run a mile in another's shoes... or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

OP: We all have face CVs in this game, there is a ton of information on the forums and on YouTube on how to deal with them. AND once you get past dealing with their planes you have a nice (and sometimes easy) target to sink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
22 posts
9 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

OP: We all have face CVs in this game, there is a ton of information on the forums and on YouTube on how to deal with them. AND once you get past dealing with their planes you have a nice (and sometimes easy) target to sink.

I've tried, but Dunkerque's AA is awful. Only solution seemed to be follow a Cleveland around or stay close to friendly CV and hope hostile planes go for it instead lol

Edited by Grenouille_folle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
826 posts
5,139 battles
1 hour ago, Grenouille_folle said:

Would all of you CV main drivers please put me on your block list? Pretty please?

I don't like carrier matches and prefer to avoid them.

It's really annoying when every match friendly fighters get used up as bomber escorts and strafers, with no fleet combat air patrol, and fleet gets swarmed by opposing planes. At the middle tiers ships own AA is insufficient.

I automatically put players with premium CV's on my block list. Please return the favor.

 

 

Am I on your block list?  Seems like you are choosing to not adapt to a core game mechanic...either build up your ship's AA...stay with ships that have AA...learn to dodge.

You also are buying and jumping tiers into premium ships (nothing wrong with that), but you may be finding that you're coming up against ships of greater tiers that you may not yet know how to best them when it comes to CV play.  Granted, these are bots in your situations, but there is a thing of going too high up in tiers too fast.

Edited by Sock5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, Grenouille_folle said:

I've tried, but Dunkerque's AA is awful. Only solution seemed to be follow a Cleveland around or stay close to friendly CV and hope hostlie planes go for it inmstead lol

Division up with a friendly cruiser to act as your AA back-up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,259
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Should we meet, I'll do what I can to get you back to port post haste. Also, if you don't, always manually select a squadron for your AA to attack. If you are going to be cross dropped, pick one to shoot at, and the other to turn in to. It should minimize the damage you take in a bb (which I assume you main because you talked about mothballing the dunk).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles
6 hours ago, Grenouille_folle said:

After 8 out of 9 matches this morning getting swarmed by torpedo bombers, I just "mothballed" my Dunkerque and put her 13-point captain on my Jurien lol

Try working up to high tier us or british cruisers.. the AA and defensive fire cause CVs the most headaches. Particularly the des Moines and minotaur.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
6 hours ago, Grenouille_folle said:

Would all of you CV main drivers please put me on your block list? Pretty please?

I don't like carrier matches and prefer to avoid them.

It's really annoying when every match friendly fighters get used up as bomber escorts and strafers, with no fleet combat air patrol, and fleet gets swarmed by opposing planes. At the middle tiers ships own AA is insufficient.

I automatically put players with premium CV's on my block list. Please return the favor.

 

You realize of course you just put a big target on yer back ...

There he is!!!!:etc_red_button::cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×