You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

When I see BB queue above 30 - time to DD

13 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Do the tiny bonuses associated with "shiptype weekend" events actually sway that many people?

Or maybe it's the Yamamoto Phase 4 ones.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,996 posts
5,967 battles

Yeah, I'm gonna pull out my Akatsuki and Sims this weekend. It's high time to farm some torpedo damage.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well right now I think it could be a combo... the oil missions helped draw them i suspect... should be an interesting weekend for sure. I think my Ooolaa needs some sea time... (Udaloi - can't help but think of the "oooh.laaa from war of the worlds moody blues version). 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well right now I think it could be a combo... the oil missions helped draw them i suspect... should be an interesting weekend for sure. I think my Ooolaa needs some sea time... (Udaloi - can't help but think of the "oooh.laaa from war of the worlds moody blues version). 

Buuuuut the first oil mission is 500 ribbons, and battleships are the worst ships for that? Unless they all plan to close in for a German Sekondarifest.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I might actually run a couple in my DDs this weekend although i hate weekend play.

Just opened up phase 3 on Yamamoto. That one for 40k spotting dmg looks pretty easy if I'm reading it correctly.

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles
46 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Buuuuut the first oil mission is 500 ribbons, and battleships are the worst ships for that? Unless they all plan to close in for a German Sekondarifest.

Marblehead, Murmansk, Konigsburg, Omaha, Kirov, and certainly a few destroyers that could easily farm 100+ hits or more a game, besides any other ribbons they generate, and those are just minimum requirement ships.

500 ribbons is a lot, but depending on a few things; not really that many. I may have more trouble getting the kills, considering how my luck tends to run.

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

no, when there are 30 BBs in queue, it's time to bust out a strike CV.

And then I will go ahead and farm the BBs and CVs with my IFHE+MFCAA+AFT Atlanta/Cleveland

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,165 posts
14,573 battles

It is always Battleship Weekend.  Most especially if it's officially Cruiser Weekend.  Then that REALLY means it's time to play Battleship and delete all those juicy, tender, little morsels called Cruisers.

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

500 ribbons is a lot, but depending on a few things

That's about 1 battle with Akizuki.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,545 posts
25,082 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Bingo!  Plus you can earn Yamamoto campaign thing at the same time with secondary damage.