Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronWolfV

So I got the Kii

34 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,496 battles

Yeap. I freely admit, total whale on this one. And I am not disappointed with the purchase. First 3 broadsides were Citadel hits.  Yeah some broadsides were a bit wonky, but overall I think she's awesome!

bjvQtwr.jpg

Only thing that sucks, haven't got the camo yet(yes I got the supreme package, wanted said camo). But I sent my ticket in, hopefully WG fixes. But overall, great first battle and I think I like her.

Edit: after following advice, got the camo issue fixed! Game on!

Edited by IronWolfV
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,496 battles
1 minute ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

We need a whale with a harpoon stuck in it  emoji

Ok that's funny right there. Haz a +1. Though this will be the last time I go whale diving for quite a while. Wife said I could this time but probably not again for months. But gudboat to do it with.

Edited by IronWolfV

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
9 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Yeap. I freely admit, total whale on this one. And I am not disappointed with the purchase. First 3 broadsides were Citadel hits.  Yeah some broadsides were a bit wonky, but overall I think she's awesome!

bjvQtwr.jpg

Only thing that sucks, haven't got the camo yet(yes I got the supreme package, wanted said camo). But I sent my ticket in, hopefully WG fixes. But overall, great first battle and I think I like her.

Nice battle my friend, i got her as well put my 9 pt Hiei on her, Also the camo is awesome. I'm also interested in this line. 

Makoto Kobayashi teams up with World of Warships to collaborate on some cool designs and ideas. The first result of this meeting of minds is Kii’s signature camouflage. Makoto Kobayashi is a living legend in the world of manga and anime for his mecha designs. His work can be spotted in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Space Battleship Yamato 2202, and more! Kobayashi excels as an illustrator and is also a master 3D modeler and sculptor. 

I am really excited about the future. Though i hope this isn't the collaboration from Gamescom that was rumored and we will be getting more (like an ARP style for free not the pay for HSF).

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,496 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Nice battle my friend, Also the camo is awesome. I'm also interested in this line. 

Makoto Kobayashi teams up with World of Warships to collaborate on some cool designs and ideas. The first result of this meeting of minds is Kii’s signature camouflage. Makoto Kobayashi is a living legend in the world of manga and anime for his mecha designs. His work can be spotted in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Space Battleship Yamato 2202, and more! Kobayashi excels as an illustrator and is also a master 3D modeler and sculptor. 

I am really excited about the future. Though i hope this isn't the collaboration from Gamescom that was rumored and we will be getting more (like an ARP style for free not the pay for HSF).

Thought I remembered the name from Zeta.

<- Major gundam fan.

Edited by IronWolfV

[LOTD]
Members
107 posts
4,974 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

What did this Kii unlock?

i'm guessing their hearts lol

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

They call it a battleship but the Amagi BATTLECRUISER has better citadel armor by FAR

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

the belt armor is too weak to push and the amount of armored decks does nothing to slow down oncoming BB shells so please keep it closed. I bought the Kii and i have hated it ever since

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

Either buff the citadel to Amagi levels or give the Kii 21 km range and a 1.8 or better sigma

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,777 battles

My 2 battles in her so far have been a blast. I torped a Kii then a Zao and finished off both with guns just for trying to chase me on my way to 4 kills this morning. Can't wait til my daughter goes to bed so I can get back on. Love the IJN 16's they hit like a dump truck.

Members
9,961 posts
1 hour ago, Thewavis said:

she cannot hit crapnor take hits. something needs to give

The reviews clearly showed her weaknesses, did you buy it without reading anything about it?

And four consecutive posts? Trying to boost that post count?:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

So here is Kii vs Amagi. The following screen shots will show all of you why Kii is junk.

Start with the Kii, a BATTLESHIP.

shot-17_09.29_18_16.04-0048.thumb.jpg.15c4ddb1aa4a12d33226937bbae4bfc4.jpg

Here is the armor profile. On the surface the Kii sacrifices torpedo protection for better belt armor.

shot-17_09.29_18.16_09-0744.thumb.jpg.29e44d1b7bee5a0cef4ba6966852c9cb.jpg

Kii has an additional deck of armor but when armor is split up it makes it easier to penetrate.

shot-17_09.29_18_16.15-0000.thumb.jpg.7b237fddde114445226c49496540d8ac.jpg

Still showing the armored belt, 95mm of deck armor is still pretty good, right? Not so much.shot-17_09.29_18_16.19-0744.thumb.jpg.296da35741bebc20eb5e70297f480562.jpg

Citadel top is a measly 22mm. Do the math, 22 + 95 + 32 is 147mm of combined deck armor. Kii also suffers from poor athwart ships protection both bow and stern which is 73mm. She cannot bow tank or take any amount of plunging fire.

Now Amagi, a BATTLECRUISER

Amagi showing all armor.

shot-17_09.29_18_16.33-0792.thumb.jpg.388a5108afa745e10aef74972cd68241.jpg

Amagi is not a bow tank either but in the next two pictures, you will see why she has a reputation for being an armor troll.

shot-17_09.29_18_16.38-0640.thumb.jpg.3c71c97737e0d91a2125a4079e1da058.jpg

Citadel deck is a robust 70mm compared to Kii's 22mm. Amagi does not have a middle deck and instead concentrates her armor layout in two sections instead of three. Total deck protection is 102mm combined which is less but because the second line of defense is thicker means less get through. 70km on the citadel deck armor is more preferable to a three level combination armor spacing. The athwart-ships is thicker at 229mm which means that while Amagi is citadelled, not nearly does she take easy, high damage rolls like the BATTLESHIP Kii.

shot-17_09.29_18_16.44-0792.thumb.jpg.966a5f5bd875de60634a218078e52a51.jpg

Wargaming has sold us a pathetic, gimmicky ship that has torpedoes, but cannot brawl. Has guns that are shorter range AND has looser groupings so damage potential is actually LESS than the Amagi. An AA suite that is .02 better on average than Amagi, being rated at a 95 is pathetic when Amagi is rated at 77 in AA and yet they mirror each other in performance. Secondaries are a joke. Speed is decent and turning is the same as Amagi. Amagi has killer secondaries, can shoot too RANGE and hit consistently. Shell grouping is tighter, armor is BETTER and does not NEED torpedoes to be a quasi threat.

In retrospect, BB Kii is simply a Nagato with an extra turret and 4k more health. She is in actuality a Tier 7 BB shoehorned into a Tier 8 spot on the Tech Tree where she does not belong. Kii is SUPPOSED to be a Tier 9 that was modified to be a Tier 8. Sadly the armor stats, gun reload, range and sigma all suggest otherwise.

Do NOT buy the Kii, She is no Amagi in anyway shape or form except for outer appearances and that is barely the case. I bought the Kii hoping for a BETTER Amagi that can brawl and torp and be fun. Instead her guns feel like a limp d.i.c.k. heavy on the sauce and fortitude that would make the cheapest hooker look good, aka that hooker would be harder to disrobe than the Kii.

Wargaming, either fix this tub of crap or give me my money back. This is the worst Tier 8 BB to come to market and of course, because Russian's still hate the Japanese, you put to market a ship that has no business being in anything higher than a Tier 8 match and a ranking of Tier 7.

Thank you.

Here are my suggestions for making the Kii better. One; do away with the current armor layout and re use Amagi layout and beef it up. Two, give the guns a sigma of 1.8 MINIMUM and extend range to 20.5 km. Nagato has that range why can't the Kii? The Kii is SUPPOSED to be a BATTLESHIP, not an over glorified Heavy Cruiser. That is what the AMAGI is supposed to be but in reality, the Amagi is the true battleship between the two.

God Bless and please do what is right by your customers.

Edited by Thewavis
Grammer and Spelling

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The reviews clearly showed her weaknesses, did you buy it without reading anything about it?

10 guns at 1.7 sigma vs 1.8 sigma should not be so night and day. The previews never described or showed armor layout, only general specs. I expected less torp protection in exchange for torps. I expected an AA beast and 100mm Akizuki guns to shred DD's and set fires like AA guns on other BB's.

The preview stats VS release stats are vastly different and some for the better but the sigma, range and armor is horrible. Before you start laughing, just realize you are actually laughing because you are too stupid to realize your own intelligence (lack there of).

Have a wonderful day!

[TIMT]
Members
19 posts
6,499 battles
20 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I have been watching the Kii being "fought", since it came out... In typical WGN style, the ship was over-hyped, and actual performance shows that it is a VERY weak tier VII battlecruiser, and NOT a premium tier VIII battleship. 

[CDMX]
Members
95 posts
5,207 battles

Camo looks and profits are tempting me.

More information about the Musashi release will be helpful.

I am about to push the trigger but I am not that confident.

Members
221 posts
5,213 battles

After tinkering with ship modifications, I feel I have found the best mix to make Kii almost as good as Amagi. Mount Rudder Shift, Concealment and Main Battery 1 modifications. I have found rudder response to be better (obviously), detection more in line with other BB's and the -7% on dispersion helps reduce the 1.7 sigma penalty.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,496 battles

Still a gudboat for me. Some judicious angling and she produces results.

Sign in to follow this