Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Stop the carrier madness - Tier 5 vs Tier 6

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I asked in Q&A thread. I've commented on a couple of admin threads. Nobody will talk to the elephant in the room, let alone admit there is one standing in the center of the room. On the coffee table. Balanced on one foot. Holding a teacup with it's trunk. And it's yellow, with green polka dots.

Putting a t5 carrier into a match with a t6 carrier is wrong. You cannot justify it as being balanced, fun or any other spin-phrase you might like to utilize. Heck, it can't even be pushed into working as intended. I suggested it elsewhere - just want to emphasize it again - here goes.... slightly modified after reflection... 

In a T6/T5 carrier match, neither carrier gets manual drop/manual strafe, manual anything. Period. Done. Please make this effective as of the next patch. Thanks.

And - tiafyc

• Cool 1

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,883 battles

I seldom have too much trouble with Saipan or when I'm in the tier 5 carrier in a 5/6 carrier game.

[CASC1]
Members
24 posts
1,498 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Putting a t5 carrier into a match with a t6 carrier is wrong. You cannot justify it as being balanced, fun or any other spin-phrase you might like to utilize. Heck, it can't even be pushed into working as intended. I suggested it elsewhere - just want to emphasize it again - here goes.... slightly modified after reflection...

This is something many people have been saying since before the alt attacks were removed from T4/T5 carriers.  In fact Femennenly wrote a fairly extensive forum post about before the patch went live.  Unfortunately WG didn't listen then and they still aren't listening.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

It really is sad, @Tandin It's like having to box as a lightweight against a heavyweight - and one arm is tied down so you can't use it. Frustrating most of the time, at least for me. 

[R-F]
Members
786 posts
6,420 battles

Even within Tier 5, if your Zuiho comes up against a Bogue, especially if he's air superiority... good luck.  Can't strafe his fighters.  Can't beat his fighters in a normal dogfight.  Use your fighters to tie up his while you strike? That'll work... for about five seconds.  I've seen a few recommended strategies but they all boil down to "hope you're a much better player than your enemy".

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well yes that's an out of balance situation but there is a possibility you can counter... I generally lock my fighter down on the carrier, move my strike aircraft around like crazy near my team then go for a fast, quick drop. I never go back the way I came in such a scenario.

But up against manual strafe/strike? For me it's nigh impossible. It is not a level playing field. The deck is stacked against you. They do need to address the issue in the current scenario. Waiting for the carrier redo will be like forever. They could fix this in a week if it were a priority. There devs are clever enough. They just have to want to fix it. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,380 posts
3,573 battles

I'm still waaaay new to CVs but I wish they would at least let my Langley fighters strafe. I just don't see why they removed it. I'm not looking forward to the Bouge getting up tiered... I just want to get good, I thought that was the point of the grind? Tier 4...then 5....then oh holy crap!?!?! Now I have to learn more stuff??! 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

From what I gather @Sir_Davos_Seaworth they did it to stop the onslaught of clubbing by more experienced carrier drivers in the lower tiers. The only way to practice that jump to manual options is to run coop.... sure... you can learn some timings but the strategy used in manual drop/strafe? Only learn it by fighting against humans.... I actually stopped my random battle playing at t5 cause I dont want to cripple my team.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this