Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SkeletonDenial

BAYERN aka 'the ships is one fire'

14 comments in this topic

Members
92 posts
1,880 battles

whats new. This thing is a tinderbox. not sure i can suffer this t6 grind any longer. it just aint fun ..wrong forum &^@#

Edited by SkeletonDenial

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles
9 minutes ago, SkeletonDenial said:

whats new. This thing is a tinderbox. not sure i can suffer this t6 grind any longer. it just aint fun ..wrong forum &^@#

Fire prevention skill is almost a must on Bayern, due to her massive superstructure.

[-K-]
Members
643 posts
8,636 battles

Bayern is a very strong and resilient ship. You just have to be careful about when using your damage control. One fire is something you should never repair unless you know you are safe. 

16 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Fire prevention skill is almost a must on Bayern, due to her massive superstructure.

^this will help you too. You'll get only one fire on the super structure area and if you let that one fire burn people may not focus you as much because they think it is two fires instead of one.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Never had trouble with fires on Bayern... (and never used Fire Prevention on it,) Tended to die from shell damage or torpedoes more often than burning to death.

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

If you are dying that much to fire spam you are likely putting your ship in a poor position to get focused down. When I drove the Bayern the most common thing to kill me was usually other battleships firing AP.

Edited by RipNuN2

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles
30 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Never had trouble with fires on Bayern... (and never used Fire Prevention on it,) Tended to die from shell damage or torpedoes more often than burning to death.

The introduction of HE slinging Royal Navy battleships is quicky changing the low tier meta.  You and me grinded Bayern well before those days.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

The introduction of HE slinging Royal Navy battleships is quicky changing the low tier meta.  You and me grinded Bayern well before those days.

I actually hadn't considered that with my original answer... What you said is certainly true; I finished grinding out Bayern a long time ago. It took a while, but still not too terribly long after the KM BBs originally came out.

Members
92 posts
1,880 battles

Stuck with it, turns out it's one of my favorites with a over 50% w/r.   Def going to keep this one. Just gotta give ships a chance to learn, fires not so bad learned to deal with it, I get dreadnought often !

Edited by SkeletonDenial

Members
1,539 posts
8,168 battles

Hey

The Bayern can be a very good ship with awesome potential when all goes good.  Yesterday I had near 186K damage game in her, earning a Kraken (6 kills total) and more, even though our side still lost due to time.  And my Bayern only has a 8pt Captain on board.  Several of my kills were British HE spammers but they sink too.

Pete

[DAS]
Members
16 posts
7,132 battles

You havent seen a tinderbox until you get in Fat Flammable Freddy D G. The deck is made of kindling soaked in lighter fluid. I even wasted 4 captain points on FP but it did not seem to help. Just let the crew come on deck and cookout. In spite of that she can deal the damage and was an OK grind.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:43 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, can't say I ever considered Bayern "flammable"? That is an IJN BB trait.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, SkeletonDenial said:

T6 to T7 is nothing for a grind. Wait until you need 175K to go from T8-T9 or 250K or so to go from T9-T10. And that is just the ships themselves and doesn't count the upgrades (Hulls, Guns, Engines, etc... you also have to do each time). 

I made it to the USN T10 Montana and am now just finishing up getting to the T10 Yamato in IJN BB. Only need like 15K XP to finish it. I do it in Co-op as well so it is even longer/harder for me.

Just so you have more of an idea what I mean to go from a fully upgraded Amagi to Yamato (ie; research izumo and all of it's upgrades + research Yamato) is 573,000 XP. Now that is a grind. LOL

I remember thinking T6-T7 was tough but man it is cake compared to what you face at the top 2 tiers grind wise. Good luck and try and enjoy Bayern. It is actually a very good BB and before you know it you will be at Gneisenau where you will only need 44K XP to fully upgrade it and then a paltry 135K XP to reach Bismarck. LOL.

All meant is good fun. Best of luck to you sir. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

Just got my Bayern last week and I don't know how anyone couldn't love this thing. Is it lightly armored? Yes, and it's range is pretty bad too for the tier but the ship more than makes up for it with maneuverability and accuracy(this thing is great for hitting DD's). Compared to the Warpsite my other T6 BB, the ship is far more maneuverable and while it may be objectively weaker, IMO it's super fun to play and I'm personally more confident going into matches with a Bayern. I'm also pretty sure these advantages are much profound when compared to the QE. 

I have heard the Dunerkque is a super fun ship at the tier. 

Sign in to follow this