You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

farazelleth > original Graf Zep release = "Pretty good"

17 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,801 posts
7,047 battles

So now, after all the fuss, all those online meltdowns, a time intensive testing programme, and much much else besides, the standard vanilla original release Graf Zeppelin is, wait for it : Pretty good.

:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,574 battles

just watched the video... He hasn't changed his mind from his original videos. Hes main complaints have always been the fighters and the AP dive bombers.

I have not seen him stat otherwise.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Hey Mr. Shokaku sees the light. Well maybe LWM will stop ignoring me now.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,801 posts
7,047 battles
4 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Dream on:Smile_teethhappy:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

At this point I am about to apply for CC status

Edited by GreyFox78659

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,574 battles
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:50 AM, GreyFox78659 said:

HE DOSEN'T SEE THE LIGHT!!! His opinions are the exact same as when it was first released. HE bombs and secondaries have always been good. The 6 second delay on the AP and token fighters have always been his problem with the GZ.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake

[-BRS-]
Members
890 posts
7,574 battles
4 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

This isn't even my topic please stop following me around. You necro posted to boot.

I've been posting in these forums, long before you showed up.  Necro'ing is only a problem when you bring up a outdated post or one that is no longer relevant. This is only 6 days old.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

1 hour ago, TheRadicalMomo said:

Please stop talking about LWM   it's near harassment at this point. 

This post was before said incident. This topic was largely over until someone necro posted on it. Also this was not part of this topic which is why I created my own shortly after. Now this is nuttybiscuits topic and you are off topic on fazelleth. Go back to one of my topics to harass me about harassing and leave nutty out of this.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,801 posts
7,047 battles

Let's keep this thread civil, and on topic.

I would be grateful as the post above states, if i were left out of this rather poisonous and unhappy exchange (which serves the interests of nobody).

(...)

(and no, please don't reply.)

Edited by nuttybiscuit
clean up

[WGA]
[WGA]
1,117 posts
3,388 battles

Just a friendly reminder people. Don't derail this topic with your quarreling and disagreements, I believe you had one thread already closed because of it. Don't let it happen again.

Thanks.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,801 posts
7,047 battles
6 hours ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I don't know about these deep water torps...

Let me admit. I have been unsubtly ignoring the rest (most of possibly, but they are so looooong:Smile_hiding:)  of Farazelleth's lecures and treatises on the subject of the lesser spotted Graf Zeppelin. But precisely because, if the "pretty good" describes the default and most practicable playstyle/loadout of the GZ in the vast majority of battles, which will be held in the random tier 6 to tier 10 MM meta, this aspect, the pretty good aspect, has only been given the briefest and msot cursory of publicity. Which is why I have deliberately avoided mention of Professor Farazelleth's second epic treatise on this subject. 

Spoiler

What Professor Fz thinks, about the latest test version, (he seems to like it- though I understand this only by skipping to the very end) is that he likes torpedos and doesn't seem concerned that GZ would be both defenceless against dds in tier 10 matches with these DWT, and unable to effectively suppress them (both possible with HE). In short he seems to prefer a very inflexible design for GZ, a very constrained, narrow and unbending (he is rather Victorian isn't he?) design, that would reproduce a clone of Enterprise and Shokaku. Poor ship, and not a lot of fun for long term play, zero diversity for those who already own Kaga, Ent, Lex and Shok.

I do have an issue with our (as owners) not recieving a test example of GZ in our ports, even though reviews are already being pushed on Youtube. But to be fair that isn't Prof Fz's fault, that is WG's fault for delaying GZ owner testing on the NA server. That is you and me, and every other owner on the NA server, being snubbed, when we were assured, we would test the ships simultaneously with supertesters and others.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,857 battles

Frankly I think deep water torpedoes on a CV is stupid. Although from what I've heard about the regular deep water torpedoes they are just as dumb. Apparently the new tier 10 DD has worse torpedo stealth and the same damage as gearing. Thus I think the whole deep water thing is a bit of a mistake on WG part or maybe they didn't think it though. At least Graf Zeppelin gets good alpha damage for the inability to hit DD.