Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Kii

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

167
[LOS]
Members
564 posts
7,889 battles

She's up for sale and she looks like a Tirp beater!  Goes along with idea of next ranked season coming in at Tier 8.  What say you to Her...Kii.  Buy or no buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[O_O]
Members
4,427 posts
9,599 battles

$55.  Ouch.  I'm out.  I know the price is on par with other T8 premiums, but I just can't justify spending that much, again, on a single piece of content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I'm gonna get her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,182 battles
41 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I'm gonna get her. 

So am I. However I'm also much more interested in this ending line. 

Makoto Kobayashi teams up with World of Warships to collaborate on some cool designs and ideas. The first result of this meeting of minds is Kii’s signature camouflage. Makoto Kobayashi is a living legend in the world of manga and anime for his mecha designs. His work can be spotted in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Space Battleship Yamato 2202, and more! Kobayashi excels as an illustrator and is also a master 3D modeler and sculptor. 

I am really excited about the future. Though i hope this isn't the collaboration from Gamescom that was rumored and we will be getting more (like an ARP style for free not the pay for HSF).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
864
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,856 posts
4,224 battles

I would like to, but I honestly can't justify spending that much money right now. I need it for books and phone bills... *sigh*

 

(Inb4 someone asks for a Kii for frii)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
20 posts
3,763 battles

I suppose it would be great, if you don't already have a Tirp. If you do have a Tirp then I suppose it would just be good for having something else to float around in. I do like the special camo for it.

However, it is far too expensive to even consider buying. That's subjective, but I've never been able to rationalize spending that amount of money on a single asset in any game. I could buy multiple full versions of AAA games for that price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
20,211 battles

Being a dumb [edited]I got it just to fill out the collection

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
594 posts
4,444 battles
6 hours ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

So am I. However I'm also much more interested in this ending line. 

Makoto Kobayashi teams up with World of Warships to collaborate on some cool designs and ideas. The first result of this meeting of minds is Kii’s signature camouflage. Makoto Kobayashi is a living legend in the world of manga and anime for his mecha designs. His work can be spotted in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Space Battleship Yamato 2202, and more! Kobayashi excels as an illustrator and is also a master 3D modeler and sculptor. 

I am really excited about the future. Though i hope this isn't the collaboration from Gamescom that was rumored and we will be getting more (like an ARP style for free not the pay for HSF).

As a Gundam fan, I'm tempted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

Honestly, she feels basically like the Amagi. She does not "glide" like the Amagi, but it was a Tier X battle with loads of fish in the water, and I did not take any torpedo hits. The guns are plenty accurate, and they hit hard. I like this ship. We are gonna get along just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
879 posts
9,108 battles

I'm a sucker, I bought and am really liking.

Edit: I'm friggin loving this ship, even with a couple T10s in the mix - but if I'm top tier I can go wherever I want with a CV or not.  Really wish I had a manual AA captain for high tier CVs. 

Edited by WhiteRecon
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[DTOM]
Members
93 posts
6,354 battles

This Battleship is a BEAST, and in my humble opinion, is worth every penny.  Sure there are all kinds of Bundles you can get like the Flag, Custom Camo, etc...  I just went with the ship and port slot that comes with her.   As far as In-Game Play, she's a monster in the hands of a skilled player.  Eats DD's and CL's for lunch if they stray too close, her AA is nasty (Makes the Cleveland look like a Row Boat), and her Main Battery is dangerous to any fool who gives her a broadside shot at optimum engagement ranges.  She does have some drawbacks however, Armor is OK...but don't expect to Tank and Brawl at close range too much....she can do it, however you will pay dearly for it.  Her Secondary Battery is weak but she makes up for that with those sexy Torpedo Launchers mounted Aft to Port and Starboard.  Good engagement arcs and these fish pack a punch...!  They serve her well in both offensive and defensive roles.

 

Her Rudder Shift Time and Turning Circle suffer due to her size and speed.  She's fast and with that you are going to get "not-to-great" turning and she will coast in the water.  Just be aware of this when taking her into combat.  I Recommend Steering Gears MOD 2 for your load out.  She does have a fairly large detection rating so don't think you can hide on the maps, simple tactic..."See them First...Hit them First..."  

 

All in all I think she is a well rounded Battleship.  She brings power to any team and any engagement Co-Op and/or Random.  She can take a hit and strike back with Fury...you will have no problems deleting offending players with the Kii.  Just remember what she CAN and CAN"T do, and you will do just fine.  

 

From an historical standpoint, the Kii was based off the FUSO in her design, thus they share the same lines and layout.  Think of the Kii as a "Modern Version" of the FUSO...and hey, who does NOT love the FUSO in-game???   As far as the Tirpitz and Kii...both Battleships are different beasts.  Both ships have advantages and disadvantages.  Both ships are powerful and do (in my opinion) match up well against each other.  I think it comes down to the skills and experience of the respective Captains...

 

So the IJN Kii...Two Thumbs Up for World of Warships and Wargaming.net...

 

 

 

 

Edited by Meade1151

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[DTOM]
Members
93 posts
6,354 battles
22 hours ago, WhiteRecon said:

I'm a sucker, I bought and am really liking.

Edit: I'm friggin loving this ship, even with a couple T10s in the mix - but if I'm top tier I can go wherever I want with a CV or not.  Really wish I had a manual AA captain for high tier CVs. 

WhiteRecon, you and I are cut from the same cloth there buddy!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles

She can get an AA rating of a hundred easily without any real sacrifice. Plus her long range AA dps is very high which can get even deadlier with manual aa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[NNC]
Members
1,136 posts
13,596 battles
13 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

She can get an AA rating of a hundred easily without any real sacrifice. Plus her long range AA dps is very high which can get even deadlier with manual aa.

How do you like to spec your kii captain for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles
9 hours ago, Jakajan said:

How do you like to spec your kii captain for this?

BFT and AFT with the AA mod 2 from the module would make the AA rating a 100.

 

Add in manual aa for high dps long range aa on a specific target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[NNC]
Members
1,136 posts
13,596 battles

I think I can agree that aft is helpful for AA, not so sure I would spend 3 points on BFT.  Would have to try the AA module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
472
[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,396 posts
5,111 battles

An Enterprise tried to strike me in a game tonight and I didn't even have to touch the rudder. The entire strike package evaporated before they could drop. I'm only running BFT + AFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
On 9/25/2017 at 3:01 PM, Meade1151 said:

From an historical standpoint, the Kii was based off the FUSO in her design, thus they share the same lines and layout.  Think of the Kii as a "Modern Version" of the FUSO...and hey, who does NOT love the FUSO in-game???

Kii was an improved design of the Amagi-class battlecruisers meant to add on to the 8-8 fleet plan. Her original design featured 2 quad torpedo launchers instead of the triple launchers we have in game. 

 

Her design was not based on Fusō, but Amagi and Tosa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
429
[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles
14 hours ago, Jakajan said:

I think I can agree that aft is helpful for AA, not so sure I would spend 3 points on BFT.  Would have to try the AA module.

Honestly it would be better to spend the points on something that would make the Kii outstanding in one area in comparison to other ships rather than try to even it out to make her just average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
879 posts
9,108 battles

Been using my Yamato captain, so no BFT but the flag still brings AA over 100. I have a bunch of IJN captains, I really want one with manual AA for my Kii. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[DTOM]
Members
93 posts
6,354 battles
On 9/27/2017 at 11:53 PM, Doomlock said:

Kii was an improved design of the Amagi-class battlecruisers meant to add on to the 8-8 fleet plan. Her original design featured 2 quad torpedo launchers instead of the triple launchers we have in game. 

 

Her design was not based on Fusō, but Amagi and Tosa. 

I stand corrected Doomlock, my apologies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
41 minutes ago, Meade1151 said:

I stand corrected Doomlock, my apologies. 

No need to apologize. I in fact learned recently, that Kaga has Kii's hull, and that Kii in game is exactly like the plans for Tosa. So you can always learn something new. :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,550 posts
8,238 battles

Hey

If anyone is thinking of buying the Kii; don't.  She is not all that great of a T8 BB; It would be better among T7 and offers very little.  For roughly the same amount of money; buy the Alabama and get twice the ship.  If just wanting a Japanese boat, buy the Atago for T8.

 

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[-TNT-]
Members
99 posts
10,284 battles

Don't buy the Kii ..She's a POS ,,,bad armor she she can't bawl DD's can pen you , Bad reload ...Bad sigma . And range of gun's not so good .Amagi is 3 time's the ship ......Worse part is you can't sell it back ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×