Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Suggestions to Improve Scenario Missions

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles

I am a PvE player almost exclusively and enjoyed playing the new missions since they offered rewards not normally available in Coop. The problem is once you get the 5 star rewards, it is kind of pointless to play again. Each match takes a full 20 minutes and the payout can be decent IF you manage a nice win. Failure means you earn the same as a fail in normal Coop, something that rarely occurs. Since normal PvE matches are so short, you can play several in the same time frame and are almost guaranteed a win. In many matches where you get a less than 5 star win, the payout is not much better than normal PvE play. With this in mind, the replay value is pretty low once you get your prizes.

What I would suggest is prizes for each class of ship, not necessarily the same prizes offered now, but something like consumables, signals, camouflage, and maybe something nice like a flag. Make the 10 point captain prize for say cruisers and change it out for each class of ship. The 24 hours of premium time for the 5th star can stay where it is since it encourages more game play. This way every player is encouraged to play the scenarios with each class of ship in order to gain rewards. I would also suggest some minor prizes for some of the scenario specific accomplishments to encourage more participation.

This minor change would make the replay value of the operations missions quadruple as it would give incentive for players to play beyond the first 5 star win. All the work the developers, programmers, testers, & graphic artists  that went into creating the missions would not be lost since it would most definitely increase the longevity of the scenarios. I personally think a lot of work was done on these missions and find it a shame that the replay value is so low now. It seems a great waste to me. Thanks for your time.

Edited by Taylor3006
mispelling
  • Cool 5

[USCC2]
Members
3,569 posts
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am a PvE player almost exclusively and enjoyed playing the new missions since they offered rewards not normally available in Coop. The problem is once you get the 5 star rewards, it is kind of pointless to play again. Each match takes a full 20 minutes and the payout can be decent IF you manage a nice win. Failure means you earn the same as a fail in normal Coop, something that rarely occurs. Since normal PvE matches are so short, you can play several in the same time frame and are almost guaranteed a win. In many matches where you get a less than 5 star win, the payout is not much better than normal PvE play. With this in mind, the replay value is pretty low once you get your prizes.

What I would suggest is prizes for each class of ship, not necessarily the same prizes offered now, but something like consumables, signals, camouflage, and maybe something nice like a flag. Make the 10 point captain prize for say cruisers and change it out for each class of ship. The 24 hours of premium time for the 5th star can stay where it is since it encourages more game play. This way every player is encouraged to play the scenarios with each class of ship in order to gain rewards. I would also suggest some minor prizes for some of the scenario specific accomplishments to encourage more participation.

This minor change would make the replay value of the operations missions quadruple as it would give incentive for players to play beyond the first 5 star win. All the work the developers, programmers, testers, & graphic artists  that went into creating the missions would not be lost since it would most definitely increase the longevity of the scenarios. I personally think a lot of work was done on these missions and find it a shame that the replay value is so low now. It seems a great waste to me. Thanks for your time.

Have thought the same (+1):

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Some nice idea +1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

@Pigeon_of_War @NikoPower I think this is a good idea, might need a little fine tuning but I like this idea.

[PVE]
Members
5,617 posts
18,205 battles
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Not sure if there will be a reply; posted my stuff in the Pigeon's Nest and got nothing back.

Wishing this thread luck though. :Smile_Default:

I thought there would be more interest honestly. Wanted to approach it from the standpoint that the missions had real value in the game, remind WG that they put money & effort into their development, and find an easy way to keep the missions relevant to the larger player base. Maybe someone better educated or more literate than I could write a better appeal. Could be just bad timing with all the clan activity and problems with the new IJN Kii mission. 

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,569 posts
17 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I thought there would be more interest honestly. Wanted to approach it from the standpoint that the missions had real value in the game, remind WG that they put money & effort into their development, and find an easy way to keep the missions relevant to the larger player base. Maybe someone better educated or more literate than I could write a better appeal. Could be just bad timing with all the clan activity and problems with the new IJN Kii mission. 

Couldn't agree more. The scenario missions (for me anyway) do more to bring the community together than the Clans system does - everyone seemed to want to play them and enjoyed them, new players, average players and even the very good players. The rewards were very good too. But then....nothing!

Yes I'm being a bit unfair as the missions themselves are a big 'something', but I think the regeneration of awards would be such a good thing. Like I said in my thread I don't want to deny newer players the chance to win a 10 point Captain (something I thought was better than the day of premium) - so I would have made that prize the 5 star award; maybe have it run for 4 months before changing it for a 7 day premium prize, then another 4 months as another big prize. But the 1-4 prizes could be general ones such as Camo's/Signals/Credits and Super Containers? So awards 1-4 are regenerated weekly and the 5 star award every 4 months. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 2

[BB22]
Members
37 posts
6,926 battles

_WaveRider_ I agree with you and have posted a similar comment earlier.  Even though the significant rewards are gone after a five victory, I found it rewarding to farm commander skill points I can use on other ships.  Raise a few special signal flags earned or bought and you can add upwards of 20,000 Commander experience with a above average game.  Or if you haven't already play them in each ship type, wishing you continued success in this endeavor.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this