You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

180K Service Costs for Shima?

22 comments in this topic

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles

I lost 25million playing Shima for the Isoroko missions. Without premium account and economy flags, T10 is not sustainable by itself. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,088 posts
14,482 battles

High Tier ships are expensive to run.  WG actually made it cheaper for the DDs.  Try the servicing costs of BBs and CVs.  WHEW!

Even in a "cheaper to run" Tier VIII Lexington, with a good game on a Premium Account and Perma-Camo, I barely make a profit.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles

I think only getting credits when playing well in T10s is alright. You can still buy to play with premium anyway.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
27 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

I think only getting credits when playing well in T10s is alright. You can still buy to play with premium anyway.

Surely you see the problem with the statement.

FTP game, has to "buy" to play high tiers. Since those who do not buy can't even play let alone win. It is literally pay to win.

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
7,776 battles
6 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

Surely you see the problem with the statement.

FTP game, has to "buy" to play high tiers. Since those who do not buy can't even play let alone win. It is literally pay to win.

WG's reasoning is it makes players play other tiers but this seems stupid since people would play lower tiers regardless if they have the T10 ships they want. If you point out how WarGaming tries to nickel and dime you in every way possible you'll just get attacked by rabid shills on these forums. I don't see it as a problem personally since it is not all that much of a detriment to my enjoyment of the game.

[WOLF5]
Members
458 posts
18,890 battles

It's been that way for awhile, since mid last year. See the table under credits here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Doubloon_Economy

• Service costs. After a battle a credit fee must be paid. This depends on tier, and whether the ship is premium:
Tier Service cost
Normal Permanent
camouflage
Premium
1 0 n/a n/a
2 2 000 n/a 2 000
3 3 000 n/a 3 000
4 5 000 n/a 5 000
5 11 500 11 500 11 500
6 23 000 23 000 21 850 (-5%)
7 42 000 39 900 (-5%) 35 700 (-15%)
8 75 000 67 500 (-10%) 52 500 (-30%)
9 120 000 96 000 (-20%) 60 000 (-50%)
10 180 000 90 000 (-50%) n/a

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,446 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

I lost 25million playing Shima for the Isoroko missions. Without premium account and economy flags, T10 is not sustainable by itself. 

WoWs business model is, supposedly, mostly comprised of premium time, free XP conversions and doubloon sales.

So I think they are hinting that you go buy premium time.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
189 posts
9,003 battles

It is not paying to win at all, paying vs non paying has zero effect on how your ship preforms on battle. You can make t10 profitable by saving gold from ranked, forum events, missions, whatever, to get the premium camo and then you will be fine. The reason T10 has high costs is to encourage players to play at lower tiers where the bulk of the community has ships so they can get more consistent games. Go play a t5 to pay for the t10 game if you lose credits.

Edited by Helipro

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
4 minutes ago, Helipro said:

It is not paying to win at all, paying vs non paying has zero effect on how your ship preforms on battle. You can make t10 profitable by saving gold from ranked, forum events, missions, whatever, to get the premium camo and then you will be fine. The reason T10 has high costs is to encourage players to play at lower tiers where the bulk of the community has ships so they can get more consistent games. Go play a t5 to pay for the t10 game if you lose credits.

ranked gives gold? at what tier?

[PVE]
Members
5,615 posts
18,201 battles
31 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

ranked gives gold? at what tier?

Last time you got 250 doubloons for hitting rank 10 or 9 (I forget) and then you got around 1000 doubloons for rank 1. There may have been a 500 doubloon prize in there as well, my memory sucks.

Members
9,964 posts
53 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

WoWs business model is, supposedly, mostly comprised of premium time, free XP conversions and doubloon sales.

So I think they are hinting that you go buy premium time.

Premium time alone won't solve his issues.....

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, h9k_a said:

It's been that way for awhile, since mid last year. See the table under credits here:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Doubloon_Economy

• Service costs. After a battle a credit fee must be paid. This depends on tier, and whether the ship is premium:
Tier Service cost
Normal Permanent
camouflage
Premium
1 0 n/a n/a
2 2 000 n/a 2 000
3 3 000 n/a 3 000
4 5 000 n/a 5 000
5 11 500 11 500 11 500
6 23 000 23 000 21 850 (-5%)
7 42 000 39 900 (-5%) 35 700 (-15%)
8 75 000 67 500 (-10%) 52 500 (-30%)
9 120 000 96 000 (-20%) 60 000 (-50%)
10 180 000 90 000 (-50%) n/a

Shima is my most played ship. I didn't understand what they were talking about at first but then I remembered that as soon as I got it I bought the premium camo and I always run premium account. I don't have any problem with reducing these costs so people can play the ships they like more, I didn't know they had changed because I've been playing like 5 months.

[SEP]
Members
3,723 posts
14,979 battles

WG's way of poking you to buy premium time.

4 hours ago, awiggin said:

Premium time alone won't solve his issues.....

True, one has to actually do well in a match to make a profit. Go figure.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,127 battles
7 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Well if they made the end game material easily sustainable, people would have no reason to play anything else.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,355 battles

Highly recommend running the economy flags for silver and the service fee reduction if you plan on attempting in making money in tier 10 DD matches after that its pretty easy to cover for the fees without premium account

Spoiler

z4EmS7Cm.jpgOHfHiElm.jpggKIzaGSm.jpg

Edited by Muki41

[WOLFA]
Members
90 posts
13,129 battles

The only way its buy the permanent camo, buy one for my ZAO, regreat buy premium ships after that, even without premium account can make some credits  (but its expensive and have to be revised), a low in the price of that camo maybe bring more money to WG, now I`ll wait until some discount like the end of the last year (50% on permanent camo). Sorry for my english, not my natal. o7

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,175 battles
2 hours ago, Mala_suerte71 said:

The only way its buy the permanent camo, buy one for my ZAO, regreat buy premium ships after that, even without premium account can make some credits  (but its expensive and have to be revised), a low in the price of that camo maybe bring more money to WG, now I`ll wait until some discount like the end of the last year (50% on permanent camo). Sorry for my english, not my natal. o7

not sure about the exact arithmetics. But isn't damaging higher tier targets give you a boost in rewards? Buying permanent camo for T10 does not seem to be optimal.

[TMS]
Members
1,735 posts
22,077 battles
10 hours ago, FloridaPanther25 said:

I"ve had the Shima for a while, but never notice the 180K service cost until tonight. What is that? Why does WOW do that?

I  make more credits with my permanent camo shima than any of my other permanent camo ships and even my premiums.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,488 posts
3,435 battles
10 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

not sure about the exact arithmetics. But isn't damaging higher tier targets give you a boost in rewards? Buying permanent camo for T10 does not seem to be optimal.

Rewards are total % of HP dealt to targets.

So that 1k shot on a DD is worth more than 1k shot on a BB, irregardless of tier. Of course, if all you've been working on is that one BB, and you've dealt 80% of the damage to it, compared to say, only 50% of the damage to a DD, then you got more rewards off the 80% of damage to that one BB.

So even potshots on DDs count for quite a bit; as that's easy rewards even if one only took off say, 25% of the DD's health with one single volley before shifting to a more opportune target.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

The TX camo cuts service costs by 50%
India Bravo Terrathree cuts it by 10%
If you are in a clan, the appropriate dock cuts it another 10%.

All 3 drops the cost of operation to: 54000 + up to 67500

TX camo also has Zulu Flag built in... that stacks with Zulu Flag.

If you can't MAKE credits at TX with TX camo and crapyou can get very easily [hardest thing literally is that dock because new + clans] you're doing something very wrong.

Edited by AirshipCanon

[WOLFA]
Members
90 posts
13,129 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

I play some very bad games, about 40-50k dmg and only loss 15k, and  with 100k dmg you make 5-15k, both losses. On tier X its very easy ignite some BBs, and between 3-5k per salvo its allways save the money. In a win this go up. Without premium account, but the real money its too high, more for me in my country :cap_win:, but now I have a lot of low tier premiums ships sitting with dust. If you gonna spent some money that its my opinion, someones can recommend another thing, sorry for my english. o7

Edited by Mala_suerte71