Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Valdez_Raptor

Strange lag, that's also not lag, please help

9 comments in this topic

Members
474 posts
8,563 battles

Okay I started the game and things were going fine then I felt like my ship was being unresponsive.  It reacted mostly when I wanted it to, but it wasn't moving like I wanted it to.  A minute or two later I noticed the ship was sliding side ways, getting hit in spots I was NOT, ships I was shooting dead on was really shooting water.  Yet, when I wanted to repair?   Worked, self heal?  Worked.  Smoke?  Worked.  To the point I hit smoke I see my own smoke from my own ship 5km ahead of me, but I am not there yet!  Ping was fine, MS was fine, yet somehow I had half the affects of lag, where ships were not where they were supposed to be.  Where I was not supposed to be.  Yet When shells hit my ship, when torpedos hit me ship, I could SEE where these hits were, so I could see from those that my ship was there, not where I was.  Pictures below.  As you can see in one image, my ship is smoking, but my circle of my smoke is ahead of me, near that CV.  The other, I managed to see where my ship really was when I got hit by that torpedo, due to the water plum, but my ship is clearly not in that spot.

shot-17.09.21_22.36.34-0033.jpg

shot-17.09.21_22.32.46-0223.jpg

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,417 posts
9,606 battles

Good Documentation.

That'd be extremely frustrating to have to mentally subtract the position the whole match.

Alpha Tester
1,306 posts
9,391 battles

Happens when you lose connection for a few brief moments and the game is trying to catch up without disconnecting you. No real way to prevent it. It shouldn't happen often if it does then it's got something to do with your connection to the internet. Might not be something u can even do ie the company your with

• Cool 2

Members
474 posts
8,563 battles
4 minutes ago, Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Takao said:

Happens when you lose connection for a few brief moments and the game is trying to catch up without disconnecting you. No real way to prevent it. It shouldn't happen often if it does then it's got something to do with your connection to the internet. Might not be something u can even do ie the company your with

Good to know, I mean I did get part of 3 Yamamoto missions done in spite of this, but it was rather annoying.

[O7]
Members
4,933 posts
8,953 battles

My only encounter with desync happened when alt-tab during match load. I think that issue is long dead but who knows. 

Members
27 posts
6,531 battles

I have had this issue MANY TIMES, and I have to say for my part it isn't connection related, because I have had this issue last ENTIRE MATCHES. I have had division-mates who were viewing my ship after being sunk see it as well, and one person who I was in a division with was streaming on twitch, and you could see the same issues on his stream, and on the VOD from the stream- seemed like my ship was just NOT where it supposed to be, we watched shells flying through ships with zero hit markers, even saw torps passing through ships and islands.

If someone is seeing it while observing the match on a separate computer, it can't be an issue with a semi-D/C'd state, because the other 23 people in the match would see where I should actually be all the time, and yet team mates even saw what I myself was seeing on their own computers a thousand miles away IRL, so it had to be server-side. If my comp was losing connection to the server, team-mates would see what the server saw, not what I saw, if you know what I mean.

Sign in to follow this