You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bassmasta76

König Albert?

9 comments in this topic

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,127 battles

I have a König Albert, which I think was my first Premium ship.  Anyway, I've had it for a long time but only played it a few times before I decided I didn't like it.

Fast forward to now.  I had (and have recently had) issues with GK (not gonna get into it except to say I've gone 8 for 26 in the last 2 months, so we're not on good terms).

Anyway, I took my 19 point captain and put it on KA to try it out again.  Well, not much has changed.  I like to think that I know how to play this game fairly well... I'm nowhere near an expert, but I manage..  If nothing else, I'm more seasoned than when I bought KA as a noob.

That said, how the <edited> does anyone think this ship is anything but a floating turd?  People joke about their "drunken" secondary gunners, but I think the whole KA gun crew is wasted.  

Its supposed to be a brawler, right?  Should I just look to close to 3k and hope the shells go where I aim, or just say a prayer to RNGesus before firing and hope he hears me.

I've tried many things.. long range, mid range, short range, its amazing that you can miss a slow lumbering BB only a few K from you.  

Maybe its me, hell, it probably is me.  I don't know, but its a turd.  My hat is off to those of you who play it well and enjoy it.:Smile_honoring:

:cap_fainting:

B

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

If you are aiming at 3 KM you have to right click zoom out to aim best. Using the scope at that distance is not very good. I find the KA to work extremely well. It's just a slightly gimped version of the kaiser. 

[-VT3-]
Members
1,625 posts
3,364 battles

The Konig Albert is strong.  But, dispersion is not its strong suit.  You're on the right track, though.  You're going to want to get right up into the enemy's face and hit them with your sword, because as a tier 3 BB, her dispersion is lacking.  Be mindful of torpedo boats in the early game, but when the time comes to push, push hard.  Utilize your stupidly-large hitpoint pool to bully your way through a weakness in the enemy flank.  In that sense, it's very similar to the rest of the German BB line, right up to the Kurfurst.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,127 battles

Hrm.  Good points.  When super close, I dont zoom too much, but regardless, its amazing how shells go everywhere except their target.  

Ill just leave it in port and move my captain somewhere else.  Just not much fun to play.  

B

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

A few around here can make that ship sing, but yeah the majority of what I've seen here says shes a pooper. Lotta hype surrounding her though.

You basically have to hit flat broadside of the enemy.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles

She is ok, not sure why her win rate is so high. I spam HE at distance since the fire chance is good and dispersion is bad. I have deleted full health cruisers with a well placed salvo of HE. Best not to close with torp ships if you can avoid it, she turns poorly. With other BBs and non torp carrying cruisers, get up in their face like everyone has said and spank them with AP. Make sure to sacrifice plenty of goats to RNGeezus first.

[WOLF3]
Members
16,048 posts
14,440 battles

Konig Albert is very strong at Tier III for the simple fact the newbies don't know any better.

KA's dispersion is awful, she needs to close range to land hits with her main battery and hopefully secondaries to do their work.  This is helped out immensely by newbies wanting to get close and make that job easier.  I vividly remember taking KA out when the RN CL Line was released, and wrecking those poor Cruisers.  They were sailing right up to me, removing most of the work I had to do to begin with!  Instead of a slow Tier III BB trying to get in close range, faster, more poorly armored ships want to close range with me!  YAY!!!  The BBs are just as bad doing this and will happily try to get into a knife fight with KA.  Again, this is playing right into KA's game.

There are 3 occasions where I am actually concerned when playing KA:

1.  Facing a DD that knows how to play the concealment & torpedo game.  There is absolutely nothing KA can do about a stealthy torping DD unless he has friends to spot that DD.  The initiative is 100% in the stealthy DD's favor.

2.  The off chance KA faces Tier IV BBs.  KA's armor, guns, secondaries dominate Tier III BBs, but against proper Tier IV BBs, she doesn't mean s--t.  Matter of fact, KA is a downtiered, nerfed version of Kaiser that sits at Tier IV.

3.  Speaking of Tier IV, if KA is in a Tier IV match, she then risks seeing CVs Langley or Hosho.  KA is dogfood for a CV.  Her AA is nonexistent.

Beta Testers
218 posts

You must be kidding me.

First, your aim is good. Your main battery hit ratio is 36%. For your information, iChase main battery hit ratio is 35%.

Second, you have only play Konig Albert for 10 games out of you 4181 games recorded as of 9/29/2017. 10 game is not enough for judging a ship.

If I may guess: You are spoiled by Nikolai 2.0 sigma. It's hard to like Konig Albert when you have Nikolai in port.

[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,127 battles
4 hours ago, simuo said:

You must be kidding me.

First, your aim is good. Your main battery hit ratio is 36%. For your information, iChase main battery hit ratio is 35%.

Second, you have only play Konig Albert for 10 games out of you 4181 games recorded as of 9/29/2017. 10 game is not enough for judging a ship.

If I may guess: You are spoiled by Nikolai 2.0 sigma. It's hard to like Konig Albert when you have Nikolai in port.

Thanks.  Yes, 10 games isn't much, but my experience has been less than stellar and I was more curious about how others make it work.

At this point, it doesn't matter.  It's bought and paid for, and will sit in port.

B