Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zarroc1

FdG 2ndaries Aim?

9 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
71 posts
4,418 battles

So I was playing my FdG and got into a brawl at the end of the game with a GK. I noticed that all my secondaries were hitting him midship on his upper and lower armor belt. Is this the correct place for secondaries to hit? Seems sort of bizarre because they can't penetrate most (read: almost none) ships armor belt so whats the point of having them shoot there? I remember there was a glitch several patches ago that was caught on the test server that caused German BB secondaries to mess up. Is this it or am I dreaming?

[HINON]
Members
9,047 posts

they aim for the citadel. So if you get really close they aim pretty low. They can still start fires though.

[OAK]
Beta Testers
23 posts
4,667 battles

I just completed a brawl with a Tirpitz at sub-10km, both sailing broadside, which last a good 2 minutes.

He got 116 secondary hits to my 32, set 5 fires to my 1 and did 6k damage to my 1.6k damage (excluding the fire damage).

I had the flag, BFT & AFT but not the manual skill.

I don't know what skills his captain had.

My secondaries feel comparable to say the Bayern or Warspite.

What is up with this?

[OAK]
Beta Testers
23 posts
4,667 battles

I am beginning to wonder if their is something suppressing the effectiveness of the secondaries at very short ranges (sub 8km). I have a few more games under my belt now for the FDG and at 8-11km range my secondaries are almost an order of magnitude better. I took apart an angled Hindenburg just now in a very short window of time. This is in contrast to the terrible performance against much weaker opponents at much shorter distances in previous games.

[OAK]
Beta Testers
23 posts
4,667 battles
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:55 AM, alphonse2501 said:

Adrenaline Rush + BFT + Demolition Expert.

Apply fire flags for extra 1% if user willing its risks.

You recommend AR and DE for German BBs. What do you drop instead? My FDG Captain has only 13 points now and I am running; PM, HA, BFT, AFT and just picked up SUPER. For my full 19 points I was planning on picking up JoT and MFC. HA and JoT I really feel I need because of the amount of incoming damage I take in the FDG every game. I get much more attention from the enemy team because I am such a juicy target, especially when closing to use the secondary armament skill suite. If your maximizing secondaries with AR, BFT, AFT, DE, MFC then you going to be hit with torpedoes and HE spam from DDs and CAs.

[280ZX]
Members
706 posts
10,551 battles

I can't figure out how manual secondaries (captain skill 4) works. I thought it was select target with control pushed on keyboard. This is a 19 pt captain with the T 8 BB in the Halloween contest. Usually over 200K damage, this time 40K damage trying to figure it out. Is it order sensitive, so that you have to have control pushed, then select ?

Edited by Ericson38

Sign in to follow this