You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

farazelleth: Graf Zeppelin Update #1

49 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles

General request: if you post Youtube vids on the forums, please do a text summary also or start some discussion on it.  You're welcome to not, do whatever you want, but it would be nice to everyone else. 

• Cool 7

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
13 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

General request: if you post Youtube vids on the forums, please do a text summary also or start some discussion on it.  You're welcome to not, do whatever you want, but it would be nice to everyone else. 

All videos that I post over all these years, I specifically "don't" set a tone for the discussion. These vids are here for those that are interested and don't have the time, or the knowledge to search YouTube for them. I offer no bias or opinion for them.

If a discussion starts on each of these vids, It's because those that reply set the tone for it. If there's a discussion or not, I honestly could care less, however I might join in the discussion.

• Cool 2

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,625 posts
4,972 battles

I tested the GZ test 1 last night, here is the thing, 3 AP Dive Bomber's over Amagi = Dead Amagi and I will say that the AP DB is OP.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles

Early tonight I watched a GZ delete an Amagi from full HP with 3 DB squads, no detonation......just a little OP I think

• Cool 1

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,625 posts
4,972 battles
5 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Early tonight I watched a GZ delete an Amagi from full HP with 3 DB squads, no detonation......just a little OP I think

Last night was really a nightmare for a Yamato BB driver who I managed to use 3x AP DB squadron test 1 and what happened next was the Yamato BB got deleted from full health 

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,775 posts
5,809 battles
Just now, Mr_Alex said:

Last night was really a nightmare for a Yamato BB driver who I managed to use 3x AP DB squadron test 1 and what happened next was the Yamato BB got deleted from full health 

A tier 10 shouldnt be approachable with tier 7 planes without heavy losses, even a Yamato. Not to mention that a Yamato's deck armour should be sufficient to keep most AP bombs out

• Cool 1

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,625 posts
4,972 battles
2 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

A tier 10 shouldnt be approachable with tier 7 planes without heavy losses, even a Yamato. Not to mention that a Yamato's deck armour should be sufficient to keep most AP bombs out

I did the same thing as what Fara did, my GZ Test 1 AP DB went into a Yamato BB unscathed and literally wiped it out when all 3 squadrons locked on and dropped its payload, suffice to say GZ test 1's DB is way more powerful than test 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,839 posts
7,129 battles

Note that farazelleth says near the end of his video, quote, "the current premium shop Graf Zeppelin with the HE bombs is pretty good (actually not bad)", 

Spoiler

take that iChase..

tZm0J19.gif

BTW the Graf Zeppelin is an excellent mobile in game popcorn dispenser.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
44 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Early tonight I watched a GZ delete an Amagi from full HP with 3 DB squads

Break out the champagne!

40 minutes ago, Mr_Alex said:

I'm sorry; break out the GOOD champagne!!

36 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

Yamato's deck armour should be sufficient to keep most AP bombs out

and yet it isn't! MORE CHAMPAGNE!!

36 minutes ago, Mr_Alex said:

my GZ Test 1 AP DB went into a Yamato BB unscathed and literally wiped it out when all 3 squadrons locked on and dropped its payload

Hell, I will PAY for the champagne!!

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,601 battles
43 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

They aren't "most bombs." They are bombs with a rocket assist module for greater penetration. Also, Yamato is hardly the pinnacle of good AA. That being said, I would think Yamato's AA would at least shoot down a few. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,601 battles
1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

Not really. It's an upgraded just-post WWI fast battleship/battlecruiser design with a very long hull and a thin, outdated deck armoring scheme. It has a lot of the same vulnerabilities to AP bombs as the German BBs.  A more interesting test is how it does against a fully-fitted out North Carolina or Alabama, both of which are T8 and have a modern deck armor scheme designed to resist bombs.  

Edited by Tzarevitch

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles
1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

The thought of BB's living the cruiser life makes me hate CVs a little bit less.

• Cool 5

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

The thought of BB's living the cruiser life makes me hate CVs a little bit less.

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,583 battles
53 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Note that farazelleth says near the end of his video, quote, "the current premium shop Graf Zeppelin with the HE bombs is pretty good (actually not bad)", 

He's so full of it, he was one of the first guys openly trashing it in videos.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
1,664 posts
5,601 battles
15 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Break out the champagne!

I will to. I am not upset that BBs finally get to face what other classes face every game. Hug the nearest American CA like your waifu. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles

Maybe give the fighters the ability to strafe DDs would help it against capping DDs.  That's a mechanic I'd like to see all CVs get, but it might be a nice thing to test with GZ.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

Rambling along in videos with low effort: ftw. 

Taking the time to write not so much. 

I’m in the same boat. I would rather skim an article than be stuck waiting for a video to get to the point...or not. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

17 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Rambling along in videos with low effort: ftw. 

Taking the time to write not so much. 

I’m in the same boat. I would rather skim an article than be stuck waiting for a video to get to the point...or not. 

Hehe..

For the record, y'all don't have to watch them at all. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,173 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Break out the champagne!

Darn RIGHT!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Break out the champagne!

The Cruiser mafia would like to help the DD mafia pay for the champagne.  Live that cruiser life BBs.  Or do I mean die that cruiser death?  Same difference really.  Fun and engaging, right?

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,032 posts
8,269 battles

That's AP DB the way they should be--hit the target brutally!

Anyone saying it's OP needs to bring an AA build or stay with AA cruiser instead of whining. CVs got shafted too hard. Just bring more ways to wreak havoc on the enemy team.

That right there is motivation to stop camping, because the sooner the match is won, the sooner you can stop worrying the CV is coming after you.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,169 posts
14,583 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The Cruiser mafia would like to help the DD mafia pay for the champagne.  Live that cruiser life BBs.  Or do I mean die that cruiser death?  Same difference really.  Fun and engaging, right?

UV9VUhS.gif

• Cool 1