Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

didnt the camo event end? why are we still getting collectibles?

22 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
811 posts
6,172 battles

i thought the tier 8 camo event had ended when new patch was released a few days ago. I even free exp'd an algerie and hopped on the terrible french cruiser line just to get one of the collectibles!

so why am i still getting these collectibles after that patch has gone live?

[TNG]
Members
811 posts
6,172 battles
Just now, Dr_Powderfinger said:

I believe it was extended to 9/28.

Just now, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Terrible French cruiser line?

damn it, i wish i knew so i didnt have to get on the frenchcruiser line.

yes the algerie is so bad. 12 second reload, floaty shells and only 8 guns. wtfmate!

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,637 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Blasphemy for sure

1 minute ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

believe it was extended to 9/28.

Correct 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles
15 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

damn it, i wish i knew so i didnt have to get on the frenchcruiser line.

yes the algerie is so bad. 12 second reload, floaty shells and only 8 guns. wtfmate!

I guess you somehow missed that Algerie is one of the best cruisers in the game, then? "Only 8 guns", I mean, lol, have you even been playing the game? Most cruisers have 6-8 guns. Not everything is a Hindy or a Cleveland. Someone, meaning you, just can't play the French cruisers. The problem is you, man, not the line.

"I CANT BE OP IN IT THIS MEANS IT'S TERRIBLE!" Person behind the keyboard, as usual.

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
811 posts
6,172 battles
19 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I guess you somehow missed that Algerie is one of the best cruisers in the game, then? "Only 8 guns", I mean, lol, have you even been playing the game? Most cruisers have 6-8 guns. Not everything is a Hindy or a Cleveland. Someone, meaning you, just can't play the French cruisers. The problem is you, man, not the line.

"I CANT BE OP IN IT THIS MEANS IT'S TERRIBLE!" Person behind the keyboard, as usual.

lol rather than having a data-driven, calm discussion, you decide to have a baseless argument filled by insults:

let's take a look at tier 7 cruiser comparison:

Fiji: 12 guns

Pensacola: 9 or 10 guns? cant remember

Myoko: 10 guns.

schors (sp): 12 guns

pretty much everyone has more guns at that tier. and most of them have reload rates similar or better, with more guns!

now if you want to lob insult at my skills:

let's compare again:

My algerie: average damage 64k, 58% Win rate

You in the algerie: average damage 50k, 50% win rate.

i have 11 tier 10 ships, yes i have played the game

Edited by _Dracarys
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,711 posts
9,406 battles

44 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

terrible french cruiser line

Check out the link, suggest you have adrenaline rush as capt skill to make the reload faster. Play the ship little different to see if if click, if not then French is not your line. see if this can improve your win rate

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

The FR Cruiser line is solid.

Nothing OP, but well balanced as cruisers throughout.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,139 posts

Now, I love my Algerie  (couldn't get out of La Glass fast enough), but aside from the seriously slow reload and floaty shells, it's REAL problem can be seen simply by clicking on the armor viewer.   That knockout button located beneath the B turret...

Love the ship, but it sits at third place in my esteem behind Pensacola at #1, and Yorck at #2.   Mostly because 9km torpedoes on a cruiser are completely worthless most of the time- use them, and you'll stand a better chance of getting citadeled or plugging a teammate than of killing any reds...   Plus Yorck just feels a bit tankier- and was the ship responsible for making me love heavy cruisers.   Pepsi, I just cannot argue with those guns, that maneuverability and the AA.  Who the heck cares if it has no torpedoes??  It's a heavy cruiser, not a destroyer.

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Bertin is great - first cruiser other than the Spee that I have over 55% WR.  Don't love the La Gas but it is growing on me but not as good as the Bertin. AP on a broadside ship it cit city in the La Gal.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles
41 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Bertin is great - first cruiser other than the Spee that I have over 55% WR.  Don't love the La Gas but it is growing on me but not as good as the Bertin. AP on a broadside ship it cit city in the La Gal.

I have liked them all from Friant to Saint-Louis. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

2 hours ago, _Dracarys said:

...the terrible french cruiser line...

?

What game are you playing?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles

Btw, OP, when you start sending notes to people demanding they look at how you "smashed" them on the forums, you cross a great many lines. I haven't seen how you "smashed"  me, nor do I intend to. That you felt you need to both do whatever it is you did AND send me a note to try and make me see your glorious smashing tells me all I'll ever need to know about you.

I said what I said. It most definitely stands, emphatically so, and your reaction to it rests my case for me.

You have a great night now, y'hear?

• Cool 1

Members
3,410 posts
6,072 battles
30 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I have liked them all from Friant to Saint-Louis. 

I am really struggling in the La Gal - decent WR but the averages are pretty low, especially when compared to the Bertin.  My Bertin's main battery hit rate is 3% better than the La Gal.  He seems to very little damage and sets less fires than the Bertin.

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

La Gal is a low(er) point, but the rest of the French line up to Charles Martel has been awesome for me, including Algerie.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,324 battles
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

I am really struggling in the La Gal - decent WR but the averages are pretty low, especially when compared to the Bertin.  My Bertin's main battery hit rate is 3% better than the La Gal.  He seems to very little damage and sets less fires than the Bertin.

Most people seem to feel like the La Gal is a low point, not an improvement over the Emile. I did just fine in her but for her tier she is not as good the Emile or the Algerie. Fire chance should be just as good though. Make sure you use AR.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,139 posts
16 hours ago, toe_ said:

Algerie to the H4 are all keepers.

I look forward to discovering this soon, but have my eyes firmly fixed on the Montana and Des Moines right now.  After that, it's between the frogs and the krauts. (cruisers.)   Khab and Fletcher too, somewhere in there.

Sign in to follow this