Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Barake

Operation rewards.

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

232
[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
1,088 posts
4,142 battles

First I want to say thanks for putting operations in the game.  They have been a blast.  My question/concern is the rewards.  I understand why you can only get the awards once, what I don't get is once the operation has run for the week, its several weeks before it's back in play.  Why can't the rewards be given each time the operation comes up in rotation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,273
[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts

Because pumping out 10 point captains every week would be a bit much. The rewards for running them are already pretty good for xp and credits. Also if you run a division you can pick any operation at anytime and not wait for the weekly rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,965
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,726 posts
7,354 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Because pumping out 10 point captains every week would be a bit much. The rewards for running them are already pretty good for xp and credits. Also if you run a division you can pick any operation at anytime and not wait for the weekly rotation.

This.

 

I play them for the economic rewards. I still don't have the actual rewards from Newport, I've never even gotten 1 star, and only won the scenario 2 times, thanks to the bots. You need damn good ships and teamwork to win that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,273
[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts
1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

This.

 

I play them for the economic rewards. I still don't have the actual rewards from Newport, I've never even gotten 1 star, and only won the scenario 2 times, thanks to the bots. You need damn good ships and teamwork to win that one.

 

Hit me up sometime when you want to run it. I can curb stomp the bots with the Ryujo with ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
232
[NGA-S]
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
1,088 posts
4,142 battles
11 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Because pumping out 10 point captains every week would be a bit much. The rewards for running them are already pretty good for xp and credits. Also if you run a division you can pick any operation at anytime and not wait for the weekly rotation.

I agree the 10 captain every week would be a bit much, but flags or cammo each week would not be asking much.  Also my intent is that this only applies to the mission in rotation that week.  If you division up and play others you would receive the normal mission reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,011
[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles

I just had a similar thought on rewards in Ops and increasing the replay value of all the missions. Here is a link to my thoughts:

I think it is a shame so much time and effort went into making the missions and yet once you get your rewards there is no real point of playing them again. My idea is to quadruple the replay value by offering a different set of rewards for each class of ship for each mission.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
82
[WUDPS]
Members
512 posts
7,657 battles
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I just had a similar thought on rewards in Ops and increasing the replay value of all the missions. Here is a link to my thoughts:

I think it is a shame so much time and effort went into making the missions and yet once you get your rewards there is no real point of playing them again. My idea is to quadruple the replay value by offering a different set of rewards for each class of ship for each mission.

Replay them - Because they are fun to play...  I don't know, maybe I'm an oddball, but I play WoWS because I enjoy it.  The rewards are a perk.  (except they messed up how premium time works, but I digress)

 

I didn't come to WoWS because they had great rewards.  I came because I wanted to control a warship in a fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
17 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Because pumping out 10 point captains every week would be a bit much. The rewards for running them are already pretty good for xp and credits. Also if you run a division you can pick any operation at anytime and not wait for the weekly rotation.

Well why not replace the ten pt captain with something like 10 special flags or 10 containers? And replace the 1 day of premium with a super container? That way people will have a reason to return to operations?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,273
[HINON]
Members
8,807 posts
27 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Well why not replace the ten pt captain with something like 10 special flags or 10 containers? And replace the 1 day of premium with a super container? That way people will have a reason to return to operations?

 

I think occasionally having missions that have rewards for operations could be a way to include some goodies. Like how we get certain missions on weekends or something like that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I just had a similar thought on rewards in Ops and increasing the replay value of all the missions. Here is a link to my thoughts:

I think it is a shame so much time and effort went into making the missions and yet once you get your rewards there is no real point of playing them again. My idea is to quadruple the replay value by offering a different set of rewards for each class of ship for each mission.

I still play operations regularly even though I've already earned 5 stars for all scenarios. Grinded La Gali and Queen Elizabeth exclusively in this mode. Though it would be nice to get 24 hours premium time once a week. It's not like we can farm premium time anyway since it becomes active once it's awarded to the player. My biggest issue is that we can only play T6 ships. Would be great if the current scenarios could be expanded to T5 and 7 ships. I don't mind having three T5 IJN DDs on the team as long as I can bring my Ranger or Nagato to carry them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×