You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Dilbert

The grind was real

12 comments in this topic

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,658 battles

I have just completed what I believe to be the longest grind there is in WoWS...to unlock and purchase the USN Missouri without converting any elite XP into Free XP.  I started saving Free XP the day she was announced and actually completed the grind ahead of schedule due to the help of a 50K Free XP 2nd Anniversary Supercontainer, and 20K Free XP from Yamamoto campaign tasks and the new Earn Oil mission.

So, now what do I obsess over next???

• Cool 1

Members
474 posts
8,398 battles

The Nelson ;)   I got the Missouri a while back, she's pretty good.  Did it without conversion either.  Same for the Nelson.  During the anniversary weekend I earned over 300k free exp.  It was glorious.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,554 posts
3,734 battles
24 minutes ago, Captain_Dilbert said:

So, now what do I obsess over next???

Musashi......just in case

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles

I get to 10-20k free XP and some sale comes up for a tech tree ship and I'm always chronically short on silver... so I'll never get there unless I convert with gold and there are other things to get first. Even with the 1:35 discount, I would need over 29k gold to convert all my XP to Free XP.

[WSU]
Members
1,494 posts
9,658 battles
8 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I still have 100k to go.

If you haven't looked at the Yamamoto campaign, I highly recommend it.  Each mission has a task with a 5K Free XP reward....the 300 plane task was annoying (300 planes in T8-T10 ships, and anything you play with decent AA means CVs ignore you like the plague...I did get lucky with 2 battles in my AA NC against T6 and T7 CVs that seemed quite inexperienced) but the others weren't bad (50 defended ribbons in DD or CA/CL, 40 citadels in CA/CL, 400K damage to BBs).  Just keep plodding, you'll get there.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,709 posts
11,324 battles
26 minutes ago, Valdez_Raptor said:

Ironically haven't played her yet. lol

Originally I was uninterested in the Nelson after the reviews but I played him (can't call a ship named Nelson "her") on the corgi account and had fun. All the dragon flags helped me get that XP real quick. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
38 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Nice, I'm only 50k away from the Nelson myself. 

Same, but, I have converted some XP from my premiums, so I'm not grinding so hard as the OP.