You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jason199506

teammates i cant wrap my head around

12 comments in this topic

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

i don't know.....do people play this game not using their brain, or not wanting to win

so this is what happened

it's a little bit more than 2 minute before time up, standard mode, we are about 20 points behind enemy, everyone else alive is too far apart to do anything to each other

healthy north carolina came out from a corner and run into 2 enemy ships: an almost dead bayern and a full HP fiji

4dYJOUg.png

instead of killing that broadside bayern and earning the point we needed to win, the north carolina kept shooting the full HP fiji(and of course missing every single salvos before time ran out)

(2 of us were spamming chat for north carolina to kill bayern)

and i also know that north carolina isnt a bot as the fiji ran behind an island halfway through, and bots would shift focus onto whoever is available, but the north carolina kept his guns aimed at the island fiji disappeared behind

and so.........

ggos2PM.png

XRwJVfS.png

bd6.png

back on topic, is it that.....

NC doesnt know he can kill a 10km broadside 3k HP bayern in one salvo?

NC doesnt know we couldve won if we had the points from sinking bayern?

NC assumes he can kill that fiji(and in reality didnt even land a single shell on that fiji in ~4 salvos)?

NC doesnt want to win?

[-K-]
Supertester
5,151 posts
8,942 battles

Had a game that came down to an allied Z-46 against an enemy Graf Zeppelin who was out of planes. Easy, right? Either spam torps from 6km and just out of detection or shoot the thing to death from 11km. 

What did he choose to do? He rushed the GZ, missed with his torpedoes and died to the carrier's secondaries. :Smile_facepalm:

[ARRGG]
Members
4,680 posts
7,503 battles

I suspect a lot of players don't always play to win but rather complete part of an ongoing campaign like spot 3 German ships first or sink so many ships with Torps , do X amount of damage ... winning comes second

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I suspect a lot of players don't always play to win but rather complete part of an ongoing campaign like spot 3 German ships first or sink so many ships with Torps , do X amount of damage ... winning comes second

yup. Missions with those types of parameters ruined WOT fast... and are once again interfering with win totals... people are around who insist they do not.... but when there is  a prize for doing something that does not actually include winning.... it does, DOES, interfere with what would normally be a win in lots of games as of late....

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles

RANT

t5 game, in my bb, heading and the dd spotted another 4 enemies bb headed to engage. dd rushed ahead, in the Clemson, dumb full torp salvo down and spotted 2 cruisers, so NOW it 6 versus 3. dd turn away and run, without smoke, WHEN iam repeated asking nicely to smoke due to 4 bb spotted previously. Request of smoke was IGNORE, dd turn and run, use me as cover now as I am focused fire. dd turn again behind the island and pop out the other side behind me, dump torps, when pass me, WITH OUT SMOKE. At this point of time, I gave myself to the dark side. still no smoke by the way

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

This is why I love co op.

lol... same here... Easier to rely on yourself and win if you have to...

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,226 posts

Coop wasn't too much better tonight.  I was potato driving my Misso - yup zoomed in popping off shots and not looking and ended up snagged on an island.  So some dingle Berry charges up the middle where 6/8 reds are also charging.  The funny bit is he's whining about me "hiding" behind an island.  At this point I have had 1 kill, citadelled two battleships for 1/2 health, and was about to get kill 2 but also... Yup capt potato was running into the same island.  

I just happen to look up and LOL boy is behind a sand bar, bow jammed into it, being flanked on both sides by 3-4 reds all this time typing away how I am hiding.  So he dies stupidly because at 2km even the AI doesn't miss.

So up pipes this Amagi who is... Yup... Charging at the last half health red, also an Amagi.  I am at this point of two minds - go left and help the 5% brawling Amagi or cap.  Since he joined the jerk bus - I go for the cap.  He rams the Amagi and I get the chicken dinner #1spot.

I was driving poorly but also wearing down any ships in range vs typing.  All in Coop.

Of course I lost more than a few stars and matches in ops because some potato thought "we won" but couldn't read the objective or just went jerk and decided to hose over the team.

I hope you all have better matches than the one above. 

[WOLF9]
Members
3,161 posts

Had one in Randoms yesterday where at the starting gun, everyone who spawned left went right; those who spawned right went left, and those in the middle went strait ahead.

Yup- as you all can no doubt imagine, this resulted in a massive cluster &$ck right in the middle, with multiple pink warnings...   I decided to wait it out, and see where everyone was in such a hurry to get to.  I was spawned by C, and was going to head that way- but all my support hit full left rudder and sped away.

Turns out, the mob was going to B.   With one lonely DD heading to A to cap.

That's when the screaming, insulting and arguing started...  And continued for the duration.

Eventually, our other Nor-Cal started heading my way, so we proceeded towards C, which was well on it's way to red by now.   We were greeted by most of the red team and got the hell out of dodge.

Meanwhile, the lemming train had stalled just outside of B, and were milling about, screaming at each other- and getting picked apart by the red team.   My companion ended up getting sunk, and I wanted no part of the mess at B- so I headed to A to support one of our other BB's (Monty, I think) who was battling a Red Monty and a T9 German DD.   I was by now so disgusted by the childish behavior in chat, that I just wanted it to be over.   We were down 2/3 of our team, and they had lost maybe ONE.  So I threw myself into the fray in A- and we ran out of points. Game over.

I find that it's necessary to remind myself now and again WHY I chose to be a Co-op main.   Despite the lower rewards, and the annoying bot foibles.  This match served admirably to do just that.