Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Platnumsniper

It's time the RN BBs were nerfed

22 comments in this topic

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
196 posts
4,572 battles

Ok WG you've had your fun and I've enjoyed my RN BBs as a BB main but it's time to get you head out of the clouds and nerf the RN BBs. I love them but I feel dirty playing them. That HE fire chance needs to go.

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles

I'm sure that they'll get a small nerf at some point soon, though I'd argue that the issue has more to do with fires in general than RN BBs specifically.

[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles

Yamato: 35%

Montana: 36%

G Kurfurst: 38%

Conqueror: 48%

As you can see Brit BBs have a nice increase, the HE chance is still super high on other BBs, compared to the less than 20% of cruisers.

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

RN BBs aren't as absurd with the fire as one might think- rather all HE is rather absurd.
RN BB fires are just highlighting the elephant that has been in the room for a long time-- because even before they came out and highlighted it, craplike Montana has been being a Fire-spewing dragon [a Montana certainly can burn another BB to the waterline with its HE, and in fact that's one of the better ways to deal with GK]

Honestly, it's high time to rethink HE and Fire as a concept ENTIRELY. It's been so for a long [edited]time, but RN BB just kinda open the door to the backdraft.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles
5 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

Honestly, it's high time to rethink HE and Fire as a concept ENTIRELY. It's been so for a long [edited]time, but RN BB just kinda open the door to the backdraft.

Not unless it is going to come with some seriously rebuilds for CAs and DDs.  Just because you BBs hate HE doesn't make it broken and in need of fixing. 

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,557 posts
14,005 battles

NA & EU servers tend to mirror each other.  With WarshipsToday NA being down, you can pull EU's still.  Here it is, 2 week Solo PVP stats for BBs Tier III-X, EU Server.

Spoiler

mWdthzh.jpg

Fact 1:  Numerous RN BBs are doing above average damage.

Fact 2:  Except for Tier VII, that higher average damage has not translated into more wins far above their peers.  This isn't "Khabarovsk in BB form."

Conqueror is the poster child of hate of RN BBs.  Yet who is the Leader in Tier X WR%?

GK

But Conqueror is 2nd place in WR%.  How far away are Yamato and Montana in WR%?

Within 1% of her.

Despite the higher average damage.

Why is that?

For all the rage of how OP Iron Duke is, she is in the middle of the pack in wins.  The pattern repeats itself through the tiers.

Of course, more time will flesh this out.  More battles and we'll see the averages come out.  German BBs on release started off quite hot also and then settled down.  On release, Tier X Minotaur had great stats, posting numbers at Moskva & Zao levels.  Yet with time, Minotaur settled down into middle or bottom of the pack for Tier X Crusiers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

People just have to get used to fire from other than cruisers, when it works better than AP for the specific purpose at the time. 

[HMCS]
[HMCS]
Beta Testers
196 posts
4,572 battles
23 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Yamato: 35%

Montana: 36%

G Kurfurst: 38%

Conqueror: 48% and 63% on the 18 inch

As you can see Brit BBs have a nice increase, the HE chance is still super high on other BBs, compared to the less than 20% of cruisers.

also the Iron duke has more fire chance then Yamato with 5 inches less in caliber

[ADAPT]
Members
803 posts
12,748 battles

Nerf....there goes another years of research and bla bla.just because somebody said so.

Everything must perfect for somebody to play. 

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
1 minute ago, Platnumsniper said:

Conqueror: 48% and 63% on the 18 inch

The shots per salvo render that 63 irrelevant.

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

Damage that is 100% repairable isnt as bad as you think compared with say the lol pen weapon of mass destruction that is the Yamato's AP.

Members
3,625 posts
13,419 battles
27 minutes ago, Bril01 said:

Not unless it is going to come with some seriously rebuilds for CAs and DDs.  Just because you BBs hate HE doesn't make it broken and in need of fixing. 

FYI; BBs aint the only ones who hate endless fires. Everyone does and anyone who claims that endlessly looking like a Viking Funeral Ship dos'nt bother them is full of brown smelly stuff.

• Cool 1

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,038 posts
5,888 battles
54 minutes ago, Platnumsniper said:

Ok WG you've had your fun and I've enjoyed my RN BBs as a BB main but it's time to get you head out of the clouds and nerf the RN BBs. I love them but I feel dirty playing them. That HE fire chance needs to go.

The only thing needing a nerf around here is the crybabies calling for nerfs!!

tenor.gif

Edited by Ghost_Raven75

Beta Testers
1,158 posts
5,287 battles
3 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

FYI; BBs aint the only ones who hate endless fires. Everyone does and anyone who claims that endlessly looking like a Viking Funeral Ship dos'nt bother them is full of brown smelly stuff.

With proper use if repair party and damage control, fires are only really an issue if you make a stupid mistake or blow your cool downs before clearing the danger area.  As a CA I would much rather deal with damage over time that can mostly be healed over AP citadel damage.

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles
8 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Damage that is 100% repairable isnt as bad as you think compared with say the lol pen weapon of mass destruction that is the Yamato's AP.

Standard penetrations are 50% repairable for most ships, some ships can recover more

Citadel damage is 10% repairable

[B2P]
[B2P]
Members
278 posts
7,446 battles
20 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The problem is that they can get 4 fire, if you don't repair you die, if you repair you die... see the problem?

The Yamato AP can be bounced, is not that hard I have done it even on the Atago, the Khabarovsk can bounce it... it's all about knowing how to angle not just going nose in to everything.

[CUTE]
Members
155 posts
12,356 battles

Should be telling them what they always told DD mains when they kept smacking them with nerfs. Adapt and overcome it instead of crying about it on the forums.  Edit: The problem with "most" RN BBs isnt the HE, but the absurb concealment that can rival/ outright beat the concealment of some cruisers.

Edited by Icecaptain

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,169 battles

If you look at RoF, pen damage and % fire chance on everything from a DD to a BB, you will find that the numbers are fairly on par with each other - Here is an idea, take a Khab's rof, % fire chance per round and the damage each shell does in HE versus the same calculation against the Conqueror.  I am at work and don't have the time to look at it, but I get the feeling that the dpm fire chance will be comparable between the two. 

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

11km  conceal on conq?   yah, that is right.   sheesh.   but then  how else will WG  get people to freexp to t10  ;D   they are not dumb  

Sign in to follow this