You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

What do you do when NOTHING is going your way?

96 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Over the past week I literally cannot BUY a win.  Now, I am no unicum player and I take my share of beats, and I have my share of long win runs, but over the last series of 4-8 games in a row, over a number of days, it is just loss loss loss loss loss..   Nothing works.  Team gets rolled.  Team is winning and finds a way to lose.  I get the crap kicked from getting focused.    Some of those losses I will take as my fault.  As I said,  when  you roll a roughly 50% win rate you expect to lose half of the time over a given time line.  But honestly it is a the point now where it seems like people are actively inventing new ways to lose, or no matter what I do it just seems to be the wrong play for the match.    Pretty sure this is just a function of me being in a "funk" and needing to break out.  How do you guys break the "funk" when you get into it?

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

"What do you do when NOTHING is going your way?"

Go play Minecraft.

Not joking.

• Cool 2

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
6 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Over the past week I literally cannot BUY a win.  Now, I am no unicum player and I take my share of beats, and I have my share of long win runs, but over the last series of 4-8 games in a row, over a number of days, it is just loss loss loss loss loss..   Nothing works.  Team gets rolled.  Team is winning and finds a way to lose.  I get the crap kicked from getting focused.    Some of those losses I will take as my fault.  As I said,  when  you roll a roughly 50% win rate you expect to lose half of the time over a given time line.  But honestly it is a the point now where it seems like people are actively inventing new ways to lose, or no matter what I do it just seems to be the wrong play for the match.    Pretty sure this is just a function of me being in a "funk" and needing to break out.  How do you guys break the "funk" when you get into it?

Take a break from the game for 24 hours or buy a new funky ship to enjoy either works for me.

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles

Squash bots in co-op and make us mad because you take all the kills & XP? :)

I took a long break, before coming back in August. I try to swap up what I'm doing in PvE to keep myself entertained. I've got boats in each line where I'm grinding to the next inline, so I can swap around a lot. Or pop into PvP and get the other team a First Blood or Detonation or some other award. :) Then I appreciate PvE again. :) 

Basically, break up the monotony. You could get frustrated trying to get co-op players to have a plan as something different. :) To be fair, a lot of us will do some coordination, but there are some that are just 'Plans? My plan is to hold W and the left mouse button down and not let go.' :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles

I share your pain. A week of terrible losses, extremely one sided matches where we seem to lose half the team in the 1st 3 minutes of the game, the remaining players struggle half heartedly to carry on for the remaining 10 minutes. Players seemingly oblivious to CAPs, their own air defence, flanks - you name it. This isn't about losing close well played run games, this is being destroyed by a total lack of interest by half the people on your team, match after match after match. 

I have been trying to progress my Ryujo, but no matter how hard I try, my teams lose.

Spoiler

shot-17_09.21_21_56.01-0243.thumb.jpg.4a8fd82e8319df864464d89e5f6cb97a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Go play Minecraft.

This.

Stop playing.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Go play Minecraft.

Not joking.

Playing another game might be a good break.  I have never once played Mine craft, but have watched my kids play it and it makes my head hurt to watch them zoom around.  lol.  Maybe a little old school DOOM could be in order though. 

Members
17,771 posts
5,084 battles

Wasteland 2, Mad Max, or GTA5. Mind you, that's only if my gameplay is off, and I can't seem to hit anything, and keep running into islands. Losing I can handle no prob.

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Playing another game might be a good break.  I have never once played Mine craft, but have watched my kids play it and it makes my head hurt to watch them zoom around.  lol.  Maybe a little old school DOOM could be in order though. 

I do not know what minecraft would actually be? sounds like a phone app.

• Cool 1

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Wasteland 2, Mad Max, or GTA5. Mind you, that's only if my gameplay is off, and I can't seem to hit anything, and keep running into islands. Losing I can handle no prob.

My game is definitely off.  Like I said I am no great player, but even I know when I am getting wrecked.  Had a game in my GK this morning where I had 5k damage.  5k..  I mean seriously. 

[TDD]
Members
881 posts
7,891 battles

the way i avoid that frustrated feeling... three loses and i call it a game. don't matter how many wins if I have three losses I log off and go do something else. Watch some tv, go out, read a book tomorrow is another day

[-K-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
3,929 battles

If i find myself in a rut i  play a Cleveland game or two, if the rut continues i get off and do something more productive or drink some scotch.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I regularly farm close Q in the GK, and had more than a few games where I had seconds running on a ship that should have just gotten cleaned.  Even my drunk secondary gunners aren't doing their job.  15-20 games not one close Q.  I don't think that has ever happened to me in that span.  Usually I take care of that in my first or second game of the day.  10 flags..check.  move on. 

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

My son likes zooming around, but you can go slow. Strangely, I find branch mining to be relaxing. And since my Dad was in the US Army and I grew up in Germany, I like castles. So we will conquer um/ adopt a village, block the villagers in the houses for safety, yeah safety :) and build a small castle around it to keep the mobs out. It is fairly easy to set up a server and all of you can play on it together.

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,023 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

Go play Minecraft.

Not joking.

I was crushed in Minecraft today. Really, had a great base getting started, in a good spot. Plenty of food, iron, coal, trees... then I get charged by 2 witches, a townie zombie and 2 creepers. sigh.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, CesilTheDiddler said:

If i find myself in a rut i  play a Cleveland game or two, if the rut continues i get off and do something more productive or drink some scotch.

Maybe I need more beer.  Beer and Battleships is my mantra.  Maybe playing sober is the problem.  lol. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
17 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

One simple answer.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

My son likes zooming around, but you can go slow. Strangely, I find branch mining to be relaxing. And since my Dad was in the US Army and I grew up in Germany, I like castles. So we will conquer um/ adopt a village, block the villagers in the houses for safety, yeah safety :) and build a small castle around it to keep the mobs out. It is fairly easy to set up a server and all of you can play on it together.

My daughter builds amazing things, but I still find it hard to follow all of what she is doing.  I ask her and she slows down to show me what is what.  It seems like a cool game, but I don't think it is for me.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
5 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I do not know what minecraft would actually be? sounds like a phone app.

There is a mobile version of Minecraft, a console version and a PC version. You basically, dig, chop trees and mine to get supplies and build things. Very open ended and you can play with monsters or without if you just like building things. Some people make the most amazing buildings, towns, and even cities.

Beta Testers
377 posts
6,035 battles

If im having a hard time i personally will play some of the PVE missions in a Cleveland...if that doesnt work..just go play something else...

If I want that WG "feel" but dont want to play WOT or WOWs than i go play "dodge the traffic"

:)

Its only game friend no need to make yourself crazy!

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

One simple answer.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u2.jpg

You have no idea how hilarious this is to me, as I live close to the Portland, OR area where just about every hippy Subaru has a "Keep Calm And Chive On" sticker on it. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
8 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I was crushed in Minecraft today. Really, had a great base getting started, in a good spot. Plenty of food, iron, coal, trees... then I get charged by 2 witches, a townie zombie and 2 creepers. sigh.

I play on a mutliplayer survival server with claim protection. By default, if you've claimed your land, neither griefers nor mobs can destroy your builds.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles

When I get a really bad streak like that the first thing I do is pull out a low tier happy ship which for me is the USS "Inquisitor" St Louis if I stay with randoms or the Mikasa if I choose co-op.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
25 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I advise playing something else, or leaving the house, or, something else than what's frustrating you.

Please, whatever it is, please don't come whine on the forum! (You're not usually the type, and I don't think this is that type of post, so don't think that I was insinuating that you were going to!)

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,053 battles

When it's not going right, change it up... drop down a few tiers, have several tier2/3/4 ships, play a couple of games down there - sometimes look around my port for a ship I have not played in a while, or hit one of my go to ships - Arizona, Bismarck/Tirp, Sharn, .... if that does not work, other things to do for awhile...