Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dunnik

Derpitz vs 2x T10 BB

4 comments in this topic

Members
210 posts
2,630 battles

Recently purchased the Derpitz - wasn't cheap, but I needed a T8 premium. I'm glad I did! 

Running with a small pack, I notice a Yamato trying to get in behind us. I turn around, hug the island. The Yamato pulls the corner broadside on at 4.5km. I fire my forward turrets, and get a citadel. Turn and drop torps, most hit. Circle around him, rear turrets and secondaries finish the pride of the IJN. "Nice job Tirpitz", somebody on my team says. 

As a bonus, as I finish the Yamato the rest of my team dies, it's just me vs 2 DDs and a 3/4 health Conqueror. They have no idea where I am. I sneak up on the Conqueror and jump him at 5km. I charge in, empty torps at 3km - all hit - and keep turning to avoid an island. As I do, both DD's have fired their torps from either side, they all miss me but they hit their teammate in the BB, who blows up. "Thanks" I say to them in chat. "You rock Tirpitz" the same somebody says. 

Alas, the Conq had burned me up pretty good and the DDs had smoke back up, so I was unable to solo them. 

The moral of the story, boys and girls, is that yes indeed the Derpitz is competitive when it's bottom tier, and can duel T10 BBs - just so long as it's close range. 

P.S. I've heard ppl say they never get the chance to use the torps on this boat. Maybe it's just bad luck, or maybe you just have to drive the Derpitz like the gigantic DD it sometimes feels like :cap_wander:

o7

Edited by Dunnik
  • Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,284 battles

Giant DD indeed.  Have had several of them make torpedo runs on me over my time with the game, to varying degrees of success.  :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Tirpitz is a DD.

It's kinda like this:

YR9r1u0.png

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles

you can wait till the weekend and get the Tirpitz bundle, it going to be on sale

If you also had the paypal it even cheaper

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this