Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megadeux

50 percent! I am finally average!!

12 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

After 2,111 battles, at least five hundred of which I was AFK due to certain silly/idiotic  behavior, i.e not sending in a ticket until tier 6 do to not knowing how :P I have finally hit a 50% winrate! I can finally feel average again.

(also can someone help me with mogami, I'm playing it wrong, somehow, even though I follow all advice.)

-edit- ignore the troll post, I only have a 49.999% winrate.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,614 battles

Congrats! It's always great to see players improving, and in you case, improving a lot

Not to burst your bubble, though, but I think the server average WR in WoWs is actually 51%...

Your recent stats are really good though, keep it up! Personally, your recent WTR/WR is more indicative of the player than your all-time stats, especially over a significant number of battles.

[HEROS]
Members
1,391 posts
11,810 battles

Mogami eh?  Best advice.. keep grinding higher.. the tier 9 cruiser is better!  Being one of the older ships everyone knows where to shoot her!  You really have to run from cover to cover, and learn to not fire where more the 2 ships could fire on you after you reveal yourself.  And on accasion back around an island to pop torps out and then go forward to get back behind said island is a skill to learn.. does poke folks off though.. they will hunt you for doing it.. Save off side torps for inevitable DD.. wide spread.

Mostly good Mogami driving is planing ahead and all ways having a get out there movement in your head ready to go.  SHe's a good ship to ambush with but you gotta plan it, and plan for it going wrong.

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
30 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Congrats! It's always great to see players improving, and in you case, improving a lot

Not to burst your bubble, though, but I think the server average WR in WoWs is actually 51%...

Your recent stats are really good though, keep it up! Personally, your recent WTR/WR is more indicative of the player than your all-time stats, especially over a significant number of battles.

this is the best damn 'sandwich' I've seen in this forum, and L M A O. compliment, KOOSH, compliment. well delivered, funny as hell, you just made my day, you inspire me. gotta go fire a soon to be ex employee.

• Cool 2

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,614 battles
1 minute ago, not_acceptable said:

this is the best damn 'sandwich' I've seen in this forum, and L M A O. compliment, KOOSH, compliment. well delivered, funny as hell, you just made my day, you inspire me. gotta go fire a soon to be ex employee.

lmbo, yep. First thought that came to my mind when I saw this was "the server average is 51%...", but then I realized I would be an a**hat for only saying that.

But for the OP, seriously, good job on improving!

[OPEC]
Members
925 posts
5,108 battles

We used to call that the OREO cookie approach back in big corporate...

Edited by delp5117

Beta Testers
377 posts
6,035 battles

Hey Gratz OP...dont worry too much about what # youre at...just as long as youre improving!

For Mogami? Personally i ran the 155s...but this CA is 100% about positioning...as you really dont have great range and you are a little squishy.

So most important thing is think about your positioning: you need to be close enough to get your guns in the game but far enough that you dont get murdered. Be pretty cautious early game when trying to get into position, as the opening few minutes are usually where BBs are looking to catch CAs moving into position. Get CE as soon as possible as this will really help allowing you to get into a good position and drop spot when youre not.

Also try to use your excellent torps as often as possible...(dont do it front of ships though as you need to go full broadside to launch them.). Use the AP as well as its pretty strong vs other CA/CLs when sub 10km.

One very useful tip...make sure you are already in the good position/angle before you shoot...as you will be harshly punished if you wait to turn after you have shot.  So when you see a BB you want to burn..turn to your run away angle before you fire..having CE here is really important.

Really enjoyed the Mogami..but it does not suffer bad positioning (Ive been punished more than a few times )....you will get punished harshly. But you are a fantastic fire starter and torp boat...just need to try to and stay alive long enough to put those to good use!

Good luck friend!

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

Thanks for all the encouragement, im glad to learn that I'm not quite average yet! Now I can look forward to copy pasting the original post when I hit 51 percent

[-TAB-]
Members
1,597 posts
5,126 battles
3 hours ago, megadeux said:

Thanks for all the encouragement, im glad to learn that I'm not quite average yet! Now I can look forward to copy pasting the original post when I hit 51 percent

average will be up to 52% at least by then. :oD    seriously, you're doing great.

at 1200-2000 battles all I cared about was grinding for T10s. my win rate got as low as 42%, more importantly than stats, I wasn't learning the game. after my second T10, I decided it was time to go back to T4 and learn the stuff I had blown thru. at 2700+ random battles, I had more lousy bad habits than good ones, and it's really hard to make a positive improvement on stats.

what helped me most was finding a type and line I really liked, that was IJN CAs. the mogami was the first one I really got into burning things to the waterline with, and this carried all the way thru to zao. LittleWhiteMouse has some excellent posts and threads on improving your play, would start there. also, there are lots of utube videos with specific ships in them, most have something to offer that will make a big difference. make sure you select those that are made recently, as those made in 2015 don't apply much with all the nerfs and changes in WoWs since then.

have fun!  remember, the difference between good and great is POPCORN 

1,542 posts
26 battles

Awesome going @megadeux! Great to see you improving and having fun :)

Don't worry too much about stats, they're just for you to set yourself goals and to see yourself improving! 

I took  a while to learn things too! I had no idea how to chat! For AGES! XD And i didn't know how to shout out either! It has a lot of features, so don't worry if you don't get them all right away! Everyone here is happy to help if you have any questions!

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles
35 minutes ago, WolfofWarship said:

Awesome going @megadeux! Great to see you improving and having fun :)

Don't worry too much about stats, they're just for you to set yourself goals and to see yourself improving! 

I took  a while to learn things too! I had no idea how to chat! For AGES! XD And i didn't know how to shout out either! It has a lot of features, so don't worry if you don't get them all right away! Everyone here is happy to help if you have any questions!

thanks for the encouragement! 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this