Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Campaigns: Salt and Self-loathing...

11 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,978 battles

Beyond my oft-expressed dislike of higher-tiered games in general; I dislike their specific application in Campaigns because of where I let myself go in the process of playing them...

Salty, stupid idiocy that only seems to increase the longer something takes to complete...  (TEN games to get my last 2 Defended ribbons due to generally bad positioning and luck...)

General feeling of persecution stemming from frustration... (So many other closer targets! Why the flying flip are you shooting/flying your squadrons way over here to bother me???)

Worsening gameplay... (More frustration means more mistakes...)

Worsening win-rate... (Getting task objectives isn't always the same as winning a game...)

The first being the worst...

For a while I'd actually been improving; managing to keep my temper, mind my chat, generally trying to be complimentary instead of toxic...

...as I verged on finishing up stage 3 of Yamamoto; that all went to pieces...

...I haven't been so utterly toxic and salty since about six months ago, when it actually got so bad I managed to net a 24 hour chat ban.

If anyone out there from the games involved reads and recognizes my handle, please let me offer my appologies..

Last night I finished stage 3, then played a few more games in a rather distracted manner, just to round out the number of times I play each ship in a particular mode; deliberately; I haven't started Stage 4; that way there's no 'motivation' to play stemming from leaving something un-done.

Tonight I'll do so for a few ships in Co-op... (If I WoWs any at all while on vaction, it will strictly be Co-op games...)

...after that; I'm done for two weeks. I'm about to go on vacation and I need to finish getting ready.

So freaking tired; so burnt out; I really, really do need to take a break.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,500 posts
7,359 battles

Sometimes, you gotta step away...  Take a breather, and if you find yourself missing the action you'll come back.  Have a good vacation.  It's just a game.

[HINON]
Members
8,800 posts

Sounds like you perhaps focused too much on the campaign and forgot to just have fun. This has happened to all of us when trying to grind something. Relax, slow down. The campaigns arent going anywhere and it's not a race. This is advice I have to give myself as well.

Edited by RipNuN2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles

Honestly, Prophet, it seems like the real problem here is your lack of self control.  I get that people can get frustrated.  I have been rather frustrated of late with high tier game play.  Heck with PvP in general.  And have played a lot of coop to de-stress.

As for why would a CV go further to get you than other targets, well the most obvious answer I can give is that maybe you're in a ship that is perceived as having weaker AA and you're separated from your teammates, and can't get any help from their AA.  Frankly, it's completely normal for CV's to go after enemy ships that have separated themselves from the pack of their team mates.  It's sorta-kinda in the unwritten CV players handbook.  :Smile_playing:

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Man, that's rough. Reminds me of a buddy of mine with a penchant for breaking controllers. It's good you recognize your own limits and where it's you and not your team/the enemy team. Far too many people prone to rage will blame everything except their own anger and will never admit that maybe they blew up when they shouldn't have. 

Still... wish I knew what to say to help Random be more fun. Yeah, sometimes you're the hammer and sometimes you're the nail, but it really /is/ very fun if you can just shrug off the losses and move on to another ship in your play list. 

Easier said than done, I know, and I can't even offer advice for how I got to that place because I've.... just always been in that place. Just naturally unemotional about competition. Coming here to open up about is a good start though! Hang in there. Hope you have a very refreshing break. 

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,739 battles

Campaigns need to just be an afterthought about the game.  If you focus too much on it, you'll lose your perspective on the game and as you're finding out...extremely frustrating.

Just be glad that 'Ships doesn't introduce Marks of Excellence as they have them in World of Tanks where you are competing against everyone else to earn those cool barrel markings.

[TF16B]
Members
8,051 posts
16,978 battles
7 hours ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, Prophet, it seems like the real problem here is your lack of self control.  I get that people can get frustrated.  I have been rather frustrated of late with high tier game play.  Heck with PvP in general.  And have played a lot of coop to de-stress.

6 hours ago, Sock5 said:

Campaigns need to just be an afterthought about the game.  If you focus too much on it, you'll lose your perspective on the game and as you're finding out...extremely frustrating.

One of my biggest problems...

...being so focused on being a compleatist, or on a particular mission; that I do forget it's just a game...

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

How to minimise (your own) salt while doing campaigns:

- If you can't finish your mission, leave.

- Don't pay too much attention to WoWS while grinding (unless the mission you're doing specifically requires it)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
7,354 battles
49 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

I just found out you can repeat tasks

:Smile_sceptic:

Dammit man, I'm so sorry, but I laughed. Please forgive me. :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this