Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Desmios

4mil for NorCal (B) Hull? Is that a joke?

21 comments in this topic

Members
537 posts
2,753 battles

4million credits just to get (B) Hull on North Carolina?? Is this a bug??

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
USS North Carolina (BB-55)
History
United States
Builder: New York Naval Shipyard
Cost: $76,885,750
Laid down:

27 October 1937 (An inflation rate of 3.60% per year means $1 in 1937 is worth $17.00 in 2017.)

Edited by Chaos_EN2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,482 posts
2,042 battles

Yup. Just wait till you see the Iowa costs. High tier is expensive.

Members
1,121 posts
6,673 battles

meh, i went without the hull upgrade all the way to the iowa.(i skipped the b hull on the iowa as well)   yea, the buffs would of been nice, but they weren't necessary.   was above 50% wr until the last week or so.  if you play decently, you should be fine.  even when you are in non stop tier 10 matches like i was.

if you have a ship that prints credits then it isn't too much of an issue.  i didn't at the time.  i am all about saving credits,  at least until i get the mo. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,454 posts
5,649 battles

The bonus rudder shift, AA and hit points is well worth it, suck it up.

High tiers got very expensive, and it's thanks to that you are not up tiered more often than we already are.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
780 posts
4,269 battles

it is a shame we don't have a pic of the look on your face when you got to see that price

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,765 posts
12,866 battles

For what it's worth, once you've been playing for a while, the credits begin to stack up.  I hit zero somewhere along the line as I moved out of the mid tiers to the higher tiers.  So the cost transition is tough..and a bit of a surprise.   Of course, I play a healthy amount of ships across the tiers.  And as the mid tiers are money makers (as well as a few ships in the higher tiers), the income stream is steady. 

Today, I have over 300 million stored up.  My limiting factor is XP for upgrades (or new ships).  I don't even have to "think" about credit costs anymore.  Again, I did worry at one time for a certain period of time.  But not any more.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Members
1,228 posts
20,563 battles
20 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Welcome to the big leagues. The purpose is to promote mid-tier play so the game doesn't become top heavy.

Then why the Yamamoto campaign, exclusively tier 8 and higher, mostly tier 9 and 10?

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
80 posts
3,760 battles
13 minutes ago, jrs5121 said:

it is a shame we don't have a pic of the look on your face when you got to see that price

giphy.gif

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
34 minutes ago, Desmios said:

4million credits just to get (B) Hull on North Carolina?? Is this a bug??

Wait till you get to Iowa.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,613 battles

Wait till you get to the Iowa and also need to worry about mounting the Tier 9 upgrade. That thing costs 3 million alone. Buying and upgrading a Tier 9 ship can run into the 20 million+ mark.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
699 posts
11,650 battles
8 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Then why the Yamamoto campaign, exclusively tier 8 and higher, mostly tier 9 and 10?

My guess is that WG hopes many players will opt to purchase some premium time or high-tier premium ships to help them continue to make credits while they finish the Yamamoto campaign. I believe most answers to questions like this are some version of "this in some way creates incentive to spend money." I do not think there is anything wrong with this, as WG are a for-profit business based on a free-to-play model.

Respects,

Am

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
27 minutes ago, Amracil said:

My guess is that WG hopes many players will opt to purchase some premium time or high-tier premium ships

Ding-ding-ding. We have the right answer!

OP is welcome to play mid-tiers if he doesn't have the credits for high tiers. Problem solved. 

Members
1,228 posts
20,563 battles

21 minutes ago, Amracil said:

My guess is that WG hopes many players will opt to purchase some premium time or high-tier premium ships to help them continue to make credits while they finish the Yamamoto campaign. I believe most answers to questions like this are some version of "this in some way creates incentive to spend money." I do not think there is anything wrong with this, as WG are a for-profit business based on a free-to-play model.

Respects,

Am

Yea, you're probably right.

I'm atrocious at T10 ships, and enjoy tier 5-8 really.

But I got the premium time when they had that 50% off special last Thanksgiving or whenever it was.  I really like it; 3 campaign slots mostly.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
29 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Wait till you get to the Iowa and also need to worry about mounting the Tier 9 upgrade. That thing costs 3 million alone. Buying and upgrading a Tier 9 ship can run into the 20 million+ mark.

Just got FDG. Stock with the modules and buying the ship I spent well over 20 million. Started out at 45mil, now sitting around 24 and change. And I haven't even started grinding.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

Yeah thats high tier for you.

Baltimore base purchase price. 13.6 mil.

B Hull. 3 mil

Fire Control System Upgrade. 2 mil.

Gun Upgrade. 24 mil.

Des Moines. 19.8 mil.

[YORHA]
Members
3,241 posts
56 minutes ago, jrs5121 said:

3PqIez9.jpg

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this