You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TrevzorFTW

Staff Q+A for 0.6.11 - Ask your questions here!

154 comments in this topic

[BORK]
Alpha Tester
154 posts
1,108 battles

It's that time again, Captains!

Have some questions you would like to ask for our 0.6.11 Q+A? Then you are in the right place. Feel free to ask away and we will choose some of the most interesting questions and have them answered for you. Make sure your questions are in by Sunday 5pm Pacific time. 

[SOFW]
Members
332 posts
14,088 battles

I like the new clan port.  I built one on the PT part 1 but did not have enough doubloons to rebuild it in part 2.

As I understand it now only the clan leader and deputy can build facilities.  

Do you in the future plan to allow other clan members to build in the event the senior clan members are not as active?

[SYN]
Members
58 posts
3,927 battles

1. I just love the quality of ship models in-game, it's one of the reasons why I started playing this game, thus I want to know if there will be damage models in-game.

2. Will Arpeggio ships get a redesign like the the High School Fleet ships? Are event ships like these subject to buffs/nerfs like regular tech tree ships?

3. Can we please have a option of removing the benches from French cruisers? It's basically the reason why I haven't played them much.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Are the early ship models, i. e. the IJN and USN models, getting updated to the more current graphical resolution? They are a lot older and more noticeably lower quality than the others.

Also, Torpillows when?!?

N2GtUsh.jpg

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
10 posts
8,351 battles

This is about Tier 10 camos.  I love the custom camos for ships.  I've bought quite a few.  But at Tier 10 an XP bonus is not really necessary.  After all, there is nothing more to research and you have to use doubloons to convert XP to freeXp.  How about a free XP bonus or credit bonus on Tier 10 custom ship camos?

• Cool 8

[PNGYN]
Alpha Tester
1,206 posts
1,939 battles

are you making any effort at all to fix carriers? because these last few patches i saw almost no changes to carriers whatsoever and we were promised that we would have these changes by the end of this year.

• Cool 1

[FTW]
Members
1 post
2,304 battles

Have you ever thought about combining the operations with mechanics from all 3 games, (ships, tanks, planes), such as a shore landing of tanks, carrier air protection against land based fighters, and navel protection of the landing craft to the beach head. (Example first part of operation overlord)

• Cool 1

Members
705 posts

The British BB line is very cool. One thing that bugged me is the Iron Duke's missing funnel. I can see fanciful designs on "what if" ships, but the Duke was a historic classic and deserves both her pipes. Any chance of a model rework?

Also, when will we see British 8" cruisers?

• Cool 5

[RST]
[RST]
Members
170 posts
14,563 battles

Are you going to be creating the Dreadnought as a tier 2 or tier 3 premium like the Mikasa?

Is there a plan for the sub-tree for US BBs? 

Will there be another country to be added other than the Pan Asian DD line?

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles
32 minutes ago, jagdoc said:

I like the new clan port.  I built one on the PT part 1 but did not have enough doubloons to rebuild it in part 2.

As I understand it now only the clan leader and deputy can build facilities.  

Do you in the future plan to allow other clan members to build in the event the senior clan members are not as active?

We're introducing the role of a Clan "Builder" able to construct Clan buildings. In the current iteration, both the Clan Commander and Deputy can also construct buildings. If necessary in following updates, the Builder position may be the only one with a construction role in contrast to "line officers" who have more roles.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
48 minutes ago, Trevzor said:

There wre rumors from Gamescom of there being another collaboration in the works can we get a confirmation (no details needed just a Yes or No will do)?

[ZR]
Members
7 posts
8,588 battles

Is WG planning on adding other tiers to competitive Clan Wars besides T10?

Only having T10 CW excludes a significant portion of the playerbase who may not own a T10 ship or only have a "non-viable" T10 ship. 

I recommend introducing lower tier competitive brackets(like T6 or T8 ships) where more clans can participate and gain experience in a competitive format before moving up to T10. 

Can WG add an in-game recommended captain skill and module list for each ship?

I believe this will help newer players who may not be aware of other resources such as the WoWs wiki. 

Can WG add an option for comparing ship stats side-by-side while in port?

It would be a very useful quality of life improvement to directly compare ships rather than constantly switch back and forth. 

Finally, can you add a day time version of the Dry Dock port?

Imo it looks better than the current night time version. 

(Non-Serious) Can WG add a scenario where a team of 7 players must navigate a map while constantly dodging torpedoes? It has several benefits including:

- A good reason to bring back Kitakami

- Torpedo dodging practice

- Playing Initial D music in the background

You can also call the scenario "Yuro's Torpedobeat Simulator"

Thank you for taking time our of your day to consider our questions. 

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
1 hour ago, Trevzor said:

It's that time again, Captains!

Have some questions you would like to ask for our 0.6.11 Q+A? Then you are in the right place. Feel free to ask away and we will choose some of the most interesting questions and have them answered for you. Make sure your questions are in by Sunday 5pm Pacific time. 

anyway to improve the report feature? Like all the false reporting. Say u have that player who just doesn't like cv players etc....I know some buddies of mine who got GZ and their rep has gone the drain because of this...

[UED]
Members
5 posts
8,157 battles

Please talk something about clan battle. Which ties ships should we use? Is there any other reward for all clan members when achieving high clan rank?

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,624 battles

Are there any plans for Clan Wars reward ships? It's a hotly debated topic here on whether or not they should be implemented, so it would be nice if we had some sort of confirmation as to what exactly the CW rewards will be, if any.

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,015 battles

1) What is the plan to address power creep in the most recent ships and deal with the weak nearly to the point of obscurity in the older ships?

2) Will there ever be campaigns for low tier ships? 

• Cool 1

[1SSF]
[1SSF]
Beta Testers
36 posts
9,029 battles

Battleship ROMA-----When?

Italian Cruiser line....When?

Could we directly purchase some of the special camos?  In particular, the gray/black/red camo from Gamescon is particularly cool looking and gives outstanding bonuses.

PT Boats.  You know, they had PT boats in WWII.  John F Kennedy was the skipper on one of them.  Just saying, PT boats might be a 'special' sort of fun.  

In addition, by the 1960's there were nuclear torpedos....that could be another kind of Special.....ah, never mind!

[HEROS]
Members
1,394 posts
11,810 battles

ARP ships are gold wreathed like Premiums, but the tool tip on them does not state if there are any bonuses to earning, or if the base "ARP" cammo give any bonus to surface detection or dispersion.  It's all ways been a question.  Could this be addressed?

The "Target Acquisition Module" upgrade is slightly unclear in it's effect on the players ships.. Assured acquisition is not clear at what it is, and there is wording in the tool tip that would tend to suggest that a ship can be spotted from further out then its normal surface detection range. I'd really like to see this clarified!  Also does the module effect the carrying ships catapult launched aircraft? In real world use this wouldn't be any one single piece of a equipment but a series of systems, and procedures in place to sort and analyze information.. More of a set of improved procedures with a scattering of advanced versions of some equipment combined with improved range finders and systems of detection.. (More crew deployed as spotters etc)

Is there any plans to allow players to direct their catapult Fighter aircraft to a specific map location?  (which would make them significantly more useful) ((and would also make the long awaited IJN Hybrid float plan carrier/ cruiser/Battleship viable in play as a way to deploy air scouts for positional information on opposing ships))

• Cool 3

[USNDD]
Beta Testers
3 posts
1,967 battles

Is there going to be a special mission for when japan attacked pearl harbor on December 7th? similarly to the Dunkirk evacuation mission.

on the side note, Will we have the chance of seeing an ISE class battleship in the future which was a mix of battleship and aircraft carrier conversion (the rear guns were removed for a small flight deck with catapults).

• Cool 4

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

question is it possible to limita cv fighter special ability where if it uses it it should not have anymore ammo and would have to return to the carrier? WE got cvs abusing alt and spamming it.. should we a 30 sec or more timer on it..

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles

Where did the smoke changes from the PTS go? Will we see them again after some changes, or were they thrown out entirely? When can we expect the next iteration of the changes?

Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 1