You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dodgy_Cookies

OIL PSA: Join/Make a Clan even if you have no interest.

54 comments in this topic

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

according to this: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

You can't receive any Oil if you're not part of a Clan. (Which means you won't even receive it for your personal wallet) [emphasis mine]

Personal player wallet (won’t be visible currently): Sum of all Oil you’ve ever earned for any Clan. You will be able to spend it on various things in the future.[emphasis mine]

If you don't have any interest in clans,or divisions etc, it looks like joining or making a solo clan to get the oil flowing is a good idea. Don't miss out on future stuff if you aren't in a clan.

Plenty of clans around/being created for those who have no interest but want the bonus/oil my advice is to join one.

If you don't want to spend the time looking, Clan creation is on discount now as well 1000 down from 2500. Spent some of my doubloons from Anniversary SCs to make one to get in on the action.

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies
typos
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,947 battles

There have been more new clan recruitment threads in the past couple days than their have been in the past six months.  Shouldn't be too hard for players to find a clan that suits their tastes, even if they prefer solo play.  At least it will save them from spending doubloons.

[MEIST]
Members
791 posts
2,952 battles

Here is a silly question. How do you create a clan? I do not see anything for WOWS clan creation. I may be blind though.

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,234 battles
24 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Here is a silly question. How do you create a clan? I do not see anything for WOWS clan creation. I may be blind though.

Log into the game.  At the top of the home port page is a new tab to the far right titled Clans.  Click on it and then create a clan.  

Members
9,864 posts

How about no?

That's the dumbest reason ever for creating a clan..."might be something better in a few years"....

All WG did with this discount is fleece a bunch of players who will never be clan material and create a bunch of clans that will end up doa...

Probably got some money out of it though.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,374 battles

Next silly question.  If you create a clan, collect oil, then join another clan what happens to the oil?

Your created clan now has a membership of zero.  Does it get deleted?  If you can't transfer oil between clans then its kind of moot.

[MEIST]
Members
791 posts
2,952 battles
6 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Log into the game.  At the top of the home port page is a new tab to the far right titled Clans.  Click on it and then create a clan.  

Thank You!

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,374 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

How about no?

That's the dumbest reason ever for creating a clan..."might be something better in a few years"....

All WG did with this discount is fleece a bunch of players who will never be clan material and create a bunch of clans that will end up doa...

Clan material?  What does that mean?  There are tons of "casual" clans in WoT.  Some self made clans that never fight.  Its their money and WoWS exists off of micro transactions so I don't understand the salt.

• Cool 1

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
1 minute ago, Siegewolf said:

Next silly question.  If you create a clan, collect oil, then join another clan what happens to the oil?

Your created clan now has a membership of zero.  Does it get deleted?  If you can't transfer oil between clans then its kind of moot.

you cannot transfer oil between clans because oil earned is deposited into two accounts separately, your clans wallet and your wallet.

Oil in your personal wallet stays with you even if you leave a clan but is not credited to the new clan

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,374 battles
1 minute ago, Dodgy_Cookies said:

you cannot transfer oil between clans because oil earned is deposited into two accounts separately, your clans wallet and your wallet.

Oil in your personal wallet stays with you even if you leave a clan but is not credited to the new clan

Yup, I understand that.  My impression though is that wallet isn't really yours but the clans.  So let's say you earn 1000 oil as clan XYZ, which is just you.  The oil is in Clan XYZ's wallet not yours.  When the clan reaches a membership of zero (lets say you join an active clan with friends) does WG then delete the clan with zero members?  Then you would think the wallet would get zapped too and all that oil would be gone.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles
3 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Yup, I understand that.  My impression though is that wallet isn't really yours but the clans.  So let's say you earn 1000 oil as clan XYZ, which is just you.  The oil is in Clan XYZ's wallet not yours.  When the clan reaches a membership of zero (lets say you join an active clan with friends) does WG then delete the clan with zero members?  Then you would think the wallet would get zapped too and all that oil would be gone.

no there are two wallets, the clans and yours. if you earn 1000 oil, 1000 will be credited to the clans for the clan to spend, and 1000 will be credited to you personal wallet to stockpile.

If you leave the clan A and and join clan B, Clan B does not get 1000 oil. Say you earn another 100 oil after switching, now clan B will get 100 oil. However your personal wallet will show 1100 oil. Your personal wallet stays with you and is not for clan use.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,523 battles
5 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

Oil is a weird double-counting system as it exists currently. If you earn 10 oil, your invisible personal wallet gets 10 oil, and your then-clan gets 10 oil. Attentive readers will realize that this means it's actually 20 "oil"... but that's how it works.

They haven't specified what happens to empty or inactive clans, so that's a good question.

Beta Testers
478 posts
6,374 battles

Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't aware of the two wallets.  Seems weird that WoWS would set the "enable" feature of clan creation for the two wallets.  Go figure.

[K-P-M]
Members
1,597 posts
12,632 battles
2 hours ago, awiggin said:

How about no?

I got 1k Dobloons an SC,and since I already had 5k,I made a clan to collect oil,so sue me:Smile_Default:

As to "Clan Material" what exactly would that be?:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
128 posts
3,189 battles

I'm in a similar situation. Not really interested in clan play. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to use this new oil mechanic. Are there any clans that allow one to join just to take advantage of the oil/bonuses?

Disregard...answered my own question. Search is a wonderful thing!

Edited by Batavian1
got my answer using search

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
7 minutes ago, Batavian1 said:

I'm in a similar situation. Not really interested in clan play. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to use this new oil mechanic. Are there any clans that allow one to join just to take advantage of the oil/bonuses?

Yep, a lot of them. I mainly play PvE with some PvP. I made the PvE clan so you could play however you want. We don't care about stats, winrate, how much and what you play, etc. See thread in my signature and we have 18 or so slots left. Send clan app and I add you in next time I'm on, I'll add you.

If you don't want to team up or talk to other people, there are a lot of solo clans, Like the Lone Wolf clans. They were like, thanks for adding me to the clan and I hope to never to have to talk to you. :)

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
15 minutes ago, Batavian1 said:

Disregard...answered my own question. Search is a wonderful thing!

Yeah, by the time I had logged into my smartphone to send you an invite, you were a part of the Lone Wolves. :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
On 9/21/2017 at 0:17 PM, Dodgy_Cookies said:

according to this: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bases-for-success/

If you don't have any interest in clans,or divisions etc, it looks like joining or making a solo clan to get the oil flowing is a good idea. Don't miss out on future stuff if you aren't in a clan.

Plenty of clans around/being created for those who have no interest but want the bonus/oil my advice is to join one.

If you don't want to spend the time looking, Clan creation is on discount now as well 1000 down from 2500. Spent some of my doubloons from Anniversary SCs to make one to get in on the action.

That's not the best advice, small\solo clans aren't going to help you much.  you are better of joining a clan that's going to fill up.  It's takes a lot oil to get those bonuses.  So consider that even if you don't plan on being a competitive clan.

[WOLF3]
Members
377 posts
3,992 battles

I wanted to make my own clan but my clan name, Krazed Kitten Kapitalists was NOT ALLOWED for some reason :(

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,204 battles
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:17 AM, Dodgy_Cookies said:

Lone Wolves clans and allies are all clans for solo players.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles
19 minutes ago, paradat said:

Lone Wolves clans and allies are all clans for solo players.

It's a bit of a two-edged sword.

I play solo.   I'm not, however, anti-social.   I'm always chatting in-game.   I just don't maintain a list of game contacts and div.   That said, the Lone Wolves is a great place to pool resources.   

Now comes the other edge.   There's no communication at all.   Not that there needs to be a measure of social interaction.   I'm talking about chatting to anyone on how the oil is used.   What do we upgrade first?   Are there any opinions within the clan?   Unknown, because nobody talks.   It all depends on the clan leader to pick what he/she feels is the most important upgrade.   And, let's say they don't like French ships, and decide not to use the 2000 oil towards the 3% XP boost, since they'd never sail Le Bote?     Well, I like Le Botes, and am hopeful that the clan upgrade would be implemented at some point.     Hard to know if nobody ever talks.

LOL

Edited by DiddleDum

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,204 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

It's a bit of a two-edged sword.

I play solo.   I'm not, however, anti-social.   I'm always chatting in-game.   I just don't maintain a list of game contacts and div.   That said, the Lone Wolves is a great place to pool resources.   

Now comes the other edge.   There's no communication at all.   Not that there needs to be a measure of social interaction.   I'm talking about talking to anyone on how the oil is used.   What do we upgrade first?   Are there any opinions within the clan?   Unknown, because nobody talks.   It all depends on the clan leader to pick what he/she feels is the most important upgrade.   And, let's say they don't like French ships, and decide not to use the 2000 oil towards the 3% XP boost, since they'd never sail Le Bote?     Well, I like Le Botes, and am hopeful that the clan upgrade would be implemented at some point.     Hard to know if nobody ever talks.

LOL

The goal is to get them all. The order is not really important. For wolf1 I went with the cheapest first. That way you get the widest impact first. Members on occasion do in fact chat it is just no promoted lol. Very solo friendly but not completely anti social.

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles

Yep, I did a clan search on Wolf1 and saw that.  Nicely done!   Over at Wolf2, we're still collecting oil.  Nothing upgraded yet.   I know it'll eventually come (hopefully... would like those extra XP for Le Bote):Smile_great: