Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SparvieroVV

PSA: The simple act of capping and your XP

17 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles

I know I'm a horrible bottom 4 potato of the most moldy type of potato player there is in this game. However this week after finding myself constantly on teams that simply give up the capture points I need to vent just a leeeeeeeeeeeeetle.  

tenor.gif

I admit I am an extra briney person and I just need to disable chat. Once again I am a horrible player and need to be carried.

carry-me-o.gif

However I would just like to compare stats where I get a single cap and not much else vs my fellow players who where able to get many kills and lots of damage.

yDf69VR.jpg

0Bl9LoG.jpg

hBLbypP.jpg

Why settle for ~800 when you can get 1500+ base xp from the win just by adding some capture point XP? 

tumblr_nwn2jnP3Pl1ucw7ggo1_400.gif

PS

Both these captains only have 11 points!

Edited by SparvieroVV
  • Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles

SHHHHHH!!  Don't tell everyone that secret. As of late its been nothing but what you speak plus one flank pushes the other doesn't.  I'm just like time to take a break for a while :cap_fainting:

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Man I love cap XP. My only real complaint about mostly playing BBs is I so rarely get to a cap in time to get in on some of that delicious XP. Being a few meters away when the cap rolls over is the worst. 

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,087 battles

Team given options for A, B, C caps.   The choose A and B.  Fine but, just because you give up C cap does not equal giving up that flank.  I've seen too many games lost because flank is abandoned and not at the very least contested.   

[HINON]
Supertester
18,919 posts
12,454 battles

You mean, there's objectively an objective to play the objectives in an objective based game?

• Cool 3

[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,213 battles

It should be no surprise that too many players simply don't understand how to play game objectives.  Those same players operate on the premise that the game is strictly "shoot as many ships as you can".

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,788 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

You mean, there's objectively an objective to play the objectives in an objective based game?

Yo-Dawg-Heard-You.jpg

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts

Absolutely agree OP! The Objectives are there for all to attempt to achieve, in fact nowadays securing a cap is no longer a thing that can be achieved by a single ship (unless half the enemy team are dead anyway lol) - he/she needs the team to support if securing a cap (go teamwork!).

That's why I believe accomplished objectives should be XP shared amongst the team. I know when I play as a DD, there's no way I'm going to accomplish anything (like capping) nowadays without some kind of support. :Smile_honoring:

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles
39 minutes ago, Lert said:

edgeworth__s_objection__by_lordpauloj-d5

[WOLF9]
Members
3,145 posts

+1 for the cute kitten gif.  I wants it!!

Anyhow, I agree.  Many's the time when capping was about the only thing I could do in a slow as heck BB when the action all happened way over there...   Or when the hyperactive chipmunks on my team blew up every enemy within reach in the first 3 minutes of the game, and are now charging off after the stragglers.   I'll just calmly sail into the abandoned caps and farm xp that way.   I've even ended up #1 for points after a 10k damage game, lol.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,145 posts

+1 for the cute kitten gif.  I wants it!!

Anyhow, I agree.  Many's the time when capping was about the only thing I could do in a slow as heck BB when the action all happened way over there...   Or when the hyperactive chipmunks on my team blew up every enemy within reach in the first 3 minutes of the game, and are now charging off after the stragglers.   I'll just calmly sail into the abandoned caps and farm xp that way.   I've even ended up #1 for points after a 10k damage game, lol.

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,094 battles

They nerfed capping XP awhile ago.  Much more profitable to farm damage and cap when safe as a DD then to contest early on and get blown up.

[4HIM]
Members
1,703 posts
3,886 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

I object!

Stick to the object of the discussion.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,775 posts
12,884 battles
20 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Man I love cap XP. My only real complaint about mostly playing BBs is I so rarely get to a cap in time to get in on some of that delicious XP. Being a few meters away when the cap rolls over is the worst. 

The KM line T7 and above is fast enough to get there early.  Hell, I beat DDs to the cap sometimes.

:Smile_izmena:  

Mighty MO gets there fast too...and with radar too!!!!

Hood is very fast, but it isn't really a cap brawler...works better as a kiter.

But the KM brawlers...take 'em to the cap.

That said, I don't go to the cap for the XP...I go to the cap because it helps win the game!!!!  Do what it takes to win.  Sometimes, that doing will get you points...sometimes it won't.  Just figure out what gets the win...and do it.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
29 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The KM line T7 and above is fast enough to get there early.  Hell, I beat DDs to the cap sometimes.

:Smile_izmena:  

Mighty MO gets there fast too...and with radar too!!!!

Hood is very fast, but it isn't really a cap brawler...works better as a kiter.

But the KM brawlers...take 'em to the cap.

That said, I don't go to the cap for the XP...I go to the cap because it helps win the game!!!!  Do what it takes to win.  Sometimes, that doing will get you points...sometimes it won't.  Just figure out what gets the win...and do it.

Yeah some are definitely fast enough, and I've solo capped plenty in BBs before. Typically though I follow DDs to keep cruisers off of them, and I don't want to get in their way if they're knife fighting. Just find it funny how many times, especially in mid tier USN BBs, I'm sitting there saying "GOOOOOOOO!" while my poor, slow ship slides into the cap a second after it's been capped. 

Sign in to follow this