You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Massachusetts/Musashi theory

73 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts

I suspect both of these ships might be Free XP ships.  My thinking is that WG has seen a lot of people converting free xp to get these ships, as well as buying Free XP flags.  It's a lucrative source of income for them, so they'll be offering more of these in the future.  The two Ms might be the next one out of the gate.

Personally I think Massachusetts should be the tech tree SoDak, since, SoDak herself was different from all the others in her class.  But we'll see.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I suspect both of these ships might be Free XP ships.  My thinking is that WG has seen a lot of people converting free xp to get these ships, as well as buying Free XP flags.  It's a lucrative source of income for them, so they'll be offering more of these in the future.  The two Ms might be the next one out of the gate.

Personally I think Massachusetts should be the tech tree SoDak, since, SoDak herself was different from all the others in her class.  But we'll see.

Oh dear god no for Mushashi being free XP ship. I won't go anywhere near tier 8+ till that craze goes away.

Have Mushashi heavy games from here to Christmas.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
5 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Oh dear god no for Mushashi being free XP ship. I won't go anywhere near tier 8+ till that craze goes away.

Have Mushashi heavy games from here to Christmas.

I'd assume /if/ they made her free XP they'd downgrade her to T9 as well.

Or make her cost the XP conversion price of a cheap used car. 

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles

On a separate note, can we possibly get a Free XP ship that isn't a battleship for once?

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
15 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I'd assume /if/ they made her free XP they'd downgrade her to T9 as well.

Or make her cost the XP conversion price of a cheap used car. 

Tier 9 with 18.1 inch guns. Can we say ummm NO!

• Cool 2

Members
2,887 posts
1,365 battles

Musashi?  As in ANOTHER 'lol ur armor dont matter' ship?  Yeah, we dont need MORE of that..

It would be some seriously horrid gameplay in Coops if you got a couple Musashis, then the AI get equal numbers of them and htey basically roll around auto aimbotting everything......

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
9 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Except the devs stated at TGS that they don't want her at tier 10.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
9 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Yeah, I mean they'd have to downgrade it somehow. Which is why it'll probably not be free XP, unless they decide to sell a free XP T10 which seems unlikely. 

As much as I hate it, it'll probably be a clan war reward I'll never have the time needed to earn. 

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Except the devs stated at TGS that they don't want her at tier 10.

Well I spoke too soon. Interesting. I guess if they make her T9 she /might/ be a free XP reward after all. 

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

On a separate note, can we possibly get a Free XP ship that isn't a battleship for once?

There aren't that many Battleships in the game.  Just getting one more is a reason for celebration.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,840 posts
4,224 battles
14 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Most of us speculate that it will be a CW Reward ship, and it will have some sort of nerf (most likely to Sigma) to compensate for having 460mm guns. Because you can't really justify having a ship with 460s at Tier 9 that ALSO has 2.1 Sigma.

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
19 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Musashi?  As in ANOTHER 'lol ur armor dont matter' ship?  Yeah, we dont need MORE of that..

It would be some seriously horrid gameplay in Coops if you got a couple Musashis, then the AI get equal numbers of them and htey basically roll around auto aimbotting everything......

All Battleships already have HE which ignore armor, so...

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles
24 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yes, please. The Buffalo in it's current state could be a free exp Tier 9 CA. Just nerf its reload a bit so that it isn't completely better than the Baltimore.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,275 battles
52 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I would only accept Mass being the tech tree ship if they put SoDak in as a premium. SoDak has more battle stars than any of her sisters, and is tied for second most of any US BB during WWII, she deserves to be in the game.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,647 battles
2 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

I would only accept Mass being the tech tree ship if they put SoDak in as a premium. SoDak has more battle stars than any of her sisters, and is tied for second most of any US BB during WWII, she deserves to be in the game.

Having three SoDaks in game seems a little excessive, doesn't it? Especially since they'd all be tier 8 (probably). They also aren't all that different from the NorCal, performance wise, so do we really want four practically identical tier 8 USN BB's?

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
6,017 posts
5,102 battles
Just now, _Fantomex_ said:

Having three SoDaks in game seems a little excessive, doesn't it? Especially since they'd all be tier 8 (probably). They also aren't all that different from the NorCal, performance wise, so do we really want four practically identical tier 8 USN BB's?

They all have different history.  My gripe would be that I wish I could trade in my Alabama for a different SoDak, like perhaps the actual South Dakota.  Personally I think owning all of them is excessive, but getting to pick your favorite SoDak class to sail would be a fun idea.

• Cool 1

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles

If we see a tier 9 with 18 inch guns then I would hope to see the H44 in the future as another reward ship..... Just saying not trying to start a flame war.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,647 battles
3 minutes ago, donaldEpott said:

If we see a tier 9 with 18 inch guns then I would hope to see the H44 in the future as another reward ship..... Just saying not trying to start a flame war.

It's been stated multiple times that WG doesn't want to add a ship with 18" guns that isn't the Yamato; hence the 457's on the Conqueror. The Musashi would get around this by being, technically, a Yamato-class.

[PNG]
[PNG]
Members
4,477 posts
11,029 battles

Well I for one don't see any problem with having a tier 10 premium. I still cant see why WG has a problem with it. Ya In tanks it made a difference but here in Warships so many people bought their way to tier 10 anyway.

[-K-]
Members
5,082 posts
8,956 battles
57 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

Most of us speculate that it will be a CW Reward ship, and it will have some sort of nerf (most likely to Sigma) to compensate for having 460mm guns. Because you can't really justify having a ship with 460s at Tier 9 that ALSO has 2.1 Sigma.

She would just wreck anything at T7.....

Image result for oh the humanity meme

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

She would just wreck anything at T7.....

Image result for oh the humanity meme

She wrecks everything at tiers 8, 9 and 10 due to overmatch. So what's the difference?

Edited by renegadestatuz

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,038 posts
12,524 battles

I can hardly wait for Mutsashi. 18" guns with terrible penetration on anything they can't overmatch, and bad sigma to match.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

WG has prooved that people will spend even MORE money on a ship with free exp to get it right away compared to a similar ship being sold in the premium shop.

F.E.  Sharnhorst is around $42 while converting 375,000 FXP needed for a Nelson (Both ships are T7 BB's) would cost 15k doubloons and that is $63 dlls.

So I would not be surprised if we see more high tier FXP ships, specially ship names that many people know about and would want that ship.