You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Preteen

Musashi idea. How to make it right.

123 comments in this topic

[RIPQP]
Members
3,705 posts
14,483 battles

Make Musashi a clan reward ship. This way only the best players will get her and we will avoid the influx of players who are not elite enough to own a T10 premium if she could be bought by everyone. You don't want a 12v12 Musashi matches for months and months, trust me.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
10 minutes ago, m373x said:

Make Musashi a clan reward ship. This way only the best players will get her and we will avoid the influx of players who are not elite enough to own a T10 premium if she could be bought by everyone. You don't want a 12v12 Musashi matches for months and months, trust me.

Why not just make it a free xp ship? Have Musashi be in her original configuration (the Yamato in-game is her final refit version) and maybe give her a better heal (not RN BB or old Yamato super heal but better) as a reference to the beating she took IRL (she actually could have remained afloat too but her engines died preventing a beaching attempt).

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
10 minutes ago, m373x said:

Except they said they don't want her at tier 10.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Don't like the idea of Clan only though. 

Just because you're in a clan doesn't make you the "best" player.

• Cool 5

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles

I thought of another idea to add Musashi, there are still enough IJN BBs out there that they could add second tech tree or maybe a hybrid line even where you have part of it be Cruisers and the rest of it be BBs.

Reading a book on the IJN and seeing several ship classes not yet in game.

Of course as the OP pointed out it could be a Premium ship only I would be more expecting it to be a Free XP ship considering USN has a Free XP BB and now so does tech tree. Musashi would have to be carefully released since as a Clan War reward it might be wrong sort of thing to give away. Plus with the way players often learn the game where you often use BBs then fall in love with CAs once you have game mechanics down that's probably why some reward ships for Ranked are CAs and DDs.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,633 battles
2 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Just because you're in a clan doesn't make you the "best" player.

If it's a reward for the "top clans" in a campaign or tournament, then the people who get the Musashi actually will be good players. For the most part at least.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

Except they said they don't want her at tier 10.

Yeah when talking about Yamato sister ship usually it's Musashi, but Shinano could also in some ways be considered a Sister as well. Shinano would be fun additionnsnce if I remember historical version had what appeared to be a muderous dual purpose gun array which would be great AA and Anti DD defense.

And with Wargaming there is always the chance by some freak course of events they managed to stumble upon plans for the unbuilt sister ships and adding one if those Lol.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I thought of another idea to add Musashi, there are still enough IJN BBs out there that they could add second tech tree or maybe a hybrid line even where you have part of it be Cruisers and the rest of it be BBs.

Reading a book on the IJN and seeing several ship classes not yet in game.

Of course as the OP pointed out it could be a Premium ship only I would be more expecting it to be a Free XP ship considering USN has a Free XP BB and now so does tech tree. Musashi would have to be carefully released since as a Clan War reward it might be wrong sort of thing to give away. Plus with the way players often learn the game where you often use BBs then fall in love with CAs once you have game mechanics down that's probably why some reward ships for Ranked are CAs and DDs.

Devs have stated that with the exception of the USN cruiser split in 2018, there will be no more line splits or second lines coming until all the major nations have their trees filled with the lines they can put in for them. So you're looking at 1 and a half to 2 years before you see a second IJN BB line. Why announce a ship for a line that would still be a ways out?

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,975 posts
5,679 battles

If they put another [edited] overmatch machine in, this time at tier 9, I am officially done.

I am not going to bother playing tier 7-8-9 knowing that crap is a potential pull on the enemy team.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah when talking about Yamato sister ship usually it's Musashi, but Shinano could also in some ways be considered a Sister as well. Shinano would be fun additionnsnce if I remember historical version had what appeared to be a muderous dual purpose gun array which would be great AA and Anti DD defense.

And with Wargaming there is always the chance by some freak course of events they managed to stumble upon plans for the unbuilt sister ships and adding one if those Lol.

Exect she was already in game and she's a CV.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
8 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

If it's a reward for the "top clans" in a campaign or tournament, then the people who get the Musashi actually will be good players. For the most part at least.

That limits the ship to only top % of players though.

Seems like a waste of a ship to me.

If it was a free xp ship, WG would at least get something out of it.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 4

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,271 battles

460mm guns at Tier IX sounds a little broken.

It should be a 10 unless the make the guns 457mm or artificially nerf the pen.

Which all sounds lame.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,633 battles
1 minute ago, Prkl8r said:

460mm guns at Tier IX sounds a little broken.

How? There are no tier 7 ships that will be overmatched by 460"s that weren't already being overmatched by 406's. The better damage can be balanced by a worse sigma, such as 1.9, instead of the Yamatos 2.1.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,633 battles
3 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

That limits the ship to only top % of players though.

Seems like a waste of a ship to me.

You consider it a waste, but those players in the top % consider it a reward for their dedication to improvement.

Edited by _Fantomex_

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
Just now, _Fantomex_ said:

You consider it a waste, but those players in the top % consider it a reward for their dedication to improvement.

I think you'll find the majority of players would have a field day over it.

Remember the Bama?

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,271 battles
1 minute ago, _Fantomex_ said:

How? There are no tier 7 ships that will be overmatched by 460"s that weren't already being overmatched by 406's. The better damage can be balanced by a worse sigma, such as 1.9, instead of the Yamatos 2.1.

It would be the only Tier 9 that could overmatch any other t9, or 10 for that matter.. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
6 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Exect she was already in game and she's a CV.

Lol I know she is a CV, she was the 3rd Yamato Class that was under construction, but they decided to convert her to a CV, but judging some of the pictures I have of her and armaments lost it looks as if she was ringed in nicely with dual purpose guns. She also probably had reasonable armor protection considering the Yamato Class hull.

I need to look up that ship again sometime 

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,271 battles
1 minute ago, Wulfgarn said:

Remember the Bama?

That was different, it was for STs, nobody else had the opportunity to earn it.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,633 battles
Just now, Wulfgarn said:

Remember the Bama?

I do, and personally, I think they should have kept it as a ST reward. People in this day and age are too entitled; they refuse to accept that some people actually are better than them and that those better people should get better rewards. 

If someone refuses to put in effort and dedication, then why should they get the same reward as someone who does?

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
3 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Considering some of the Anti BB weapons arriving now such as the Graf Zepplin AP Bombs and Deep Water Torps the top % of players may not consider a BB a fitting reward for them lol.

[RIPQP]
725 posts
7,633 battles
2 minutes ago, Prkl8r said:

It would be the only Tier 9 that could overmatch any other t9, or 10 for that matter.. 

It would see the same higher tier ships as the Yamato, and the overmatch at tier 9, as stated before, wouldn't offer any real benefits.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, Prkl8r said:

That was different, it was for STs, nobody else had the opportunity to earn it.

Yup, a small number would have accessto it.

Now, let's be honest here, how often do you think the "most powerful" clan title will change? You'll have say the top 5 will almost always be the top 5.

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,271 battles
Just now, _Fantomex_ said:

It would see the same higher tier ships as the Yamato, and the overmatch at tier 9, as stated before, wouldn't offer any real benefits.

Not every game is tier X. And if you don't think that being able to overmatch is a real benefit to Yamato, well, I can't help you then.

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,975 posts
5,679 battles
4 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Because it's the only tier 9 that can facepen people while having the same immunity to return facepens as Yamato. Not only that, but tier 8s are usually pulled up to tier 9, so that's some more facepen ships that have no response.

Tier 7s are weak enough to normal 16" guns as it is. An 18.1" gun hitting a Colorado doesn't care about armor angle, or range, or anything really. It's just going to lop off 12k HP per salvo, or delete it with citpens. Things like Nagato and Hood would be even more [edited] when getting uptiered then they are now just because angling, which can at least give you some measure of protection against 16" guns, makes no god damn difference to a Yamato.